AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL round 10 - #freekicksydney

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 28, 2019 7:19 am

Bum Crack wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Poor Gazza getting a week for that. AFL is corrupt. Dead set shocking decision.

Pretty sure you've never been allowed to punch someone in the jaw.

There was no issue when he elbowed two blokes in the head. why should he get a game for pushing a bloke in the face? Double standards. AFL have it in for Gaz. Poor bugger.

On its own no, but you can't continually make contact with the head and not expect a holiday at some stage. Get off the angry pills Gaz.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby stan » Tue May 28, 2019 9:12 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
MatteeG wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Poor Gazza getting a week for that. AFL is corrupt. Dead set shocking decision.

Pretty sure you've never been allowed to punch someone in the jaw.

There was no issue when he elbowed two blokes in the head. why should he get a game for pushing a bloke in the face? Double standards. AFL have it in for Gaz. Poor bugger.

On its own no, but you can't continually make contact with the head and not expect a holiday at some stage. Get off the angry pills Gaz.

regards,

REB
Has been pretty angry of late, if you look at it through his career it's not like him at all. Perhaps he is struggling a bit now that age has caught up with him and unlike before when he would just out run and out work and just kill off any tags or nigglers, he obviously can't and now they can get at him a bit more.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Tue May 28, 2019 9:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
whatttt.JPG

Jeepers, reaching for the footy like that is u10 stuff, juniors get taught early to step over the ball and get in a powerful position before picking the ball up
It looks like something that would have worked on a dry night, he would have taken the ball and been our the back and clear having a ping at goal. I think it was more poor wet weather football than anything else. Which is poor judgement and happens when your form is a bit average.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue May 28, 2019 9:37 am

stan wrote:Has been pretty angry of late, if you look at it through his career it's not like him at all. Perhaps he is struggling a bit now that age has caught up with him and unlike before when he would just out run and out work and just kill off any tags or nigglers, he obviously can't and now they can get at him a bit more.

Taggers? Bullshit, he's married with kids now.*

*Wouldn't swap any of mine for the world.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue May 28, 2019 12:53 pm

I reckon Gaz is shitty about the Israel Falou thing tbh. He liked that post, took it down and is copping boos because of his religious beliefs. I get the feeling he doesn't see the funny side.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby MW » Tue May 28, 2019 1:28 pm

stan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
whatttt.JPG

Jeepers, reaching for the footy like that is u10 stuff, juniors get taught early to step over the ball and get in a powerful position before picking the ball up
It looks like something that would have worked on a dry night, he would have taken the ball and been our the back and clear having a ping at goal. I think it was more poor wet weather football than anything else. Which is poor judgement and happens when your form is a bit average.

You're a much different poster when you're sober :lol:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby stan » Tue May 28, 2019 5:51 pm

MW wrote:
stan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
whatttt.JPG

You're a much different poster when you're sober [emoji38]
My word I am. But you need to take the good with the bad. And in this case the sober stan with the drinking stan.
stan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue May 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon Gaz is shitty about the Israel Falou thing tbh. He liked that post, took it down and is copping boos because of his religious beliefs. I get the feeling he doesn't see the funny side.

regards,

REB

Somebody on one of the footy shows last night alluded to something in his private life and that its quite understandable he has a short fuse at the moment kind of thing. Might have been Gary Lyon on the couch
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby carey » Tue May 28, 2019 7:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:I reckon Gaz is shitty about the Israel Falou thing tbh. He liked that post, took it down and is copping boos because of his religious beliefs. I get the feeling he doesn't see the funny side.

regards,

REB

Somebody on one of the footy shows last night alluded to something in his private life and that its quite understandable he has a short fuse at the moment kind of thing. Might have been Gary Lyon on the couch

Correct, Apparently has some major family issues going on that’s about all they’ve said.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2803 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:51 pm

carey wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

regards,

REB

Correct, Apparently has some major family issues going on that’s about all they’ve said.

His old man is being questioned by police over historical sexual assault allegations.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty hounds » Tue May 28, 2019 9:02 pm

stan wrote:
My word I am. But you need to take the good with the bad. And in this case the sober stan with the drinking stan.[/quote]

That’s not drunk Stan posting that’s Patricia
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed May 29, 2019 1:30 pm

[quote="JHis old man is being questioned by police over historical sexual assault allegations.[/quote]

Really? I hope this isn't true. Senior was the reason I barracked for Geelong in the first place but I have zero respect for the man based on what I know about him.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Really? I hope this isn't true. Senior was the reason I barracked for Geelong in the first place but I have zero respect for the man based on what I know about him.

regards,

REB

Two years after Geelong legend Gary Ablett Snr was accused of historical sexual assault, he has been questioned by authorities.

The reported incident occurred in central Gippsland in the 1970s, while Ablett and a woman were in a car.
Two statements have been provided by the alleged victim since, with one most notably in 2017.

According to NewsCorp, the woman accusing Ablett of assault is now 57 years old and a mother of four.

Victoria Police has confirmed that a 57 year-old Grovedale man was interviewed on March 25th regarding a historical sexual assault allegation.

Ablett has reportedly been released without charge, pending further investigation.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL