Round 15 - The run home is underway

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 15 - The run home is underway

Postby Turbo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:05 am

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="Turbo"][quote="Jim05"][quote="gadj1976"][quote="Jim05"]

The last 5-10 minutes yes but before that it was just mistake after mistake and plenty of hack kicks. Was a very dour poor game for 90% of the game IMO

Pi44 off Jim, that was superb! :-) In all seriousness there was a deluge leading into the game, so yes there were lots of mistakes but by geezus, for us, that was brilliant. No Cripps, McKay or Curnow, our best three (structure wise) and to beat them over there, I couldn't give a rats if it was the shittiest game ever, I don't care. We WON and we're off the bottom.

With Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast to come!

Good to see Carlton supporters celebrating finishing second last [emoji23]

And you support Essendon [emoji23]

Even at our worst you are still worse [emoji23][/quote]

When did you last win a final [emoji848]

[/quote]
More recently than your last Premiership and that’s all that matters[/quote]

The funny thing is, I reckon we’re closer to our next one than you [emoji23]
[/quote]
Been hearing that for 20 years.
Neither of us will win one in the next 5 years atleast[/quote]

Yep you’re probably right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Turbo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 am

daysofourlives wrote:Look at you blokes arguing over who is closer to their next flag, neither of you will be alive to be proven right or wrong :D

It’s a Carlton Essendon thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:46 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:3-4 absolute gun kids but a lot of trash aswell. Not sure how much longer your veterans have left and most of them are still best 22 so hard to replace. A lot depends on how well Docherty returns. If he gets back to anywhere near his old form it will be very good for you. Need to find a couple of big bodied mids to help out Cripps

Yeh, I think the big bodied midfielders is a must. A Powel Pepper, Wines type in the midfield is a must. I like that we've decided to trade away our next draft pick. But we need a mid. Definitely. Up till today, Murph has been ordinary. Daisy has been serviceable and can keep going. Kruez is still going ok and Simmo keeps plodding along although he was quiet today (which is a good thing). Doc... he's a worry now. 2 knees in two years is concerning. He's a gun when fit though and yes, our defence rests upon him 2021 onward.

Silvagni, Kennedy and SPS were really good today playing in different positions which I liked. SOS did a great job on Fyfe.

O'Brien played his best game ever for us... and he was only just AFL standard... that says a lot about getting experience into kids IMO.

So next year, I can't see us going backward......just my opinion and I've been wrong before but I think there is enough to keep us interested at least.

the midfield without cripps, did it enable the young kids to shine, are they overshadowed with cripps there

dow looked good too

docherty is a bonus but cant build a defense around him. I think mcgovern is too inconsistent up forward and needs to play permanent back like his brother to be accountable

silvagni coming good, got a bit of mongrel in him now, even tagged Fyfe quite well, his brother is still in the ressies

Goddard is dominating the VFL, dunno why hes not getting a crack

Im curious of what ross lyon would say to the team straight after the game, would love to be there then :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:55 am

I heard horse say on the weekend it's been roughly 8 weeks since we finished a game with a full bench... Massive game this week against the bomber, chance to slip into the 8 (we usually lose these types of games, so it should be interesting)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL