Round 15 - The run home is underway

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 15 - The run home is underway

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 pm

JK wrote:Probably right mate, but two wins against genuine finals contenders in 3 weeks is something I can’t recall the Blues doing a long time. Enjoy the win mate, a good off-season and who knows, could be following the Lions’ path in a season or two.

I have said before that we're 12-18 months behind Brisbane.

Give us time (I think I've said that before as well).
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Jim05 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The last 5-10 minutes yes but before that it was just mistake after mistake and plenty of hack kicks. Was a very dour poor game for 90% of the game IMO

Pi44 off Jim, that was superb! :-) In all seriousness there was a deluge leading into the game, so yes there were lots of mistakes but by geezus, for us, that was brilliant. No Cripps, McKay or Curnow, our best three (structure wise) and to beat them over there, I couldn't give a rats if it was the shittiest game ever, I don't care. We WON and we're off the bottom.

With Melbourne, Sydney and Gold Coast to come!

Good to see Carlton supporters celebrating finishing second last [emoji23]

And you support Essendon [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:11 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
JK wrote:Probably right mate, but two wins against genuine finals contenders in 3 weeks is something I can’t recall the Blues doing a long time. Enjoy the win mate, a good off-season and who knows, could be following the Lions’ path in a season or two.

Of all the teams currently out the 8, Carlton is probably the closest to being a genuine flag contender. They will need a ruckman and maybe some outside run and polish but make no mistake they have the makings of a very good list and I think it will happen sooner rather than later.
Melbourne is the only other team you could make a case for but trading Hogan has hurt them big time, Buddy should be on their radar for next year.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:16 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
The last 5-10 minutes yes but before that it was just mistake after mistake and plenty of hack kicks. Was a very dour poor game for 90% of the game IMO

Pi44 off Jim, that was superb! :-) In all seriousness there was a deluge leading into the game, so yes there were lots of mistakes but by geezus, for us, that was brilliant. No Cripps, McKay or Curnow, our best three (structure wise) and to beat them over there, I couldn't give a rats if it was the shittiest game ever, I don't care. We WON and we're off the bottom.

Even at our worst you are still worse [emoji23]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:16 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Of all the teams currently out the 8, Carlton is probably the closest to being a genuine flag contender. They will need a ruckman and maybe some outside run and polish but make no mistake they have the makings of a very good list and I think it will happen sooner rather than later.
Melbourne is the only other team you could make a case for but trading Hogan has hurt them big time, Buddy should be on their radar for next year.

Bottom 2 again next year, bookmark it!
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:16 pm

If Carlton don't win the flag it will be the biggest choke since Adelaide in 2017.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2047 times
Been liked: 3891 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:23 pm

Wedgie wrote:If Carlton don't win the flag it will be the biggest choke since Adelaide in 2017.

Oi

We don't need your smart alec responses here.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

I'm interested to know why you think that. I've not considered next year at all.

IMO we'll improve. That will depend on a number of things though, one being the coach. If I do look forward to next season (and without taking into account the draft or trades) I can't see Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, GWS, Freo, WCE and a few others improving but I can us. Hence my interest.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:31 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:[quote="JK"]Probably right mate, but two wins against genuine finals contenders in 3 weeks is something I can’t recall the Blues doing a long time. Enjoy the win mate, a good off-season and who knows, could be following the Lions’ path in a season or two.

I'm interested to know why you think that. I've not considered next year at all.

IMO we'll improve. That will depend on a number of things though, one being the coach. If I do look forward to next season (and without taking into account the draft or trades) I can't see Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, GWS, Freo, WCE and a few others improving but I can us. Hence my interest.[/quote]
3-4 absolute gun kids but a lot of trash aswell. Not sure how much longer your veterans have left and most of them are still best 22 so hard to replace. A lot depends on how well Docherty returns. If he gets back to anywhere near his old form it will be very good for you. Need to find a couple of big bodied mids to help out Cripps
Jim05
Coach

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:[quote="Jim05"]

Even at our worst you are still worse [emoji23][/quote]

When did you last win a final [emoji848]

Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="gadj1976"][quote="Jim05"]

[/quote]
More recently than your last Premiership and that’s all that matters
Jim05
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:3-4 absolute gun kids but a lot of trash aswell. Not sure how much longer your veterans have left and most of them are still best 22 so hard to replace. A lot depends on how well Docherty returns. If he gets back to anywhere near his old form it will be very good for you. Need to find a couple of big bodied mids to help out Cripps

Yeh, I think the big bodied midfielders is a must. A Powel Pepper, Wines type in the midfield is a must. I like that we've decided to trade away our next draft pick. But we need a mid. Definitely. Up till today, Murph has been ordinary. Daisy has been serviceable and can keep going. Kruez is still going ok and Simmo keeps plodding along although he was quiet today (which is a good thing). Doc... he's a worry now. 2 knees in two years is concerning. He's a gun when fit though and yes, our defence rests upon him 2021 onward.

Silvagni, Kennedy and SPS were really good today playing in different positions which I liked. SOS did a great job on Fyfe.

O'Brien played his best game ever for us... and he was only just AFL standard... that says a lot about getting experience into kids IMO.

So next year, I can't see us going backward......just my opinion and I've been wrong before but I think there is enough to keep us interested at least.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="gadj1976"][quote="Jim05"]

[/quote]
More recently than your last Premiership and that’s all that matters[/quote]

The funny thing is, I reckon we’re closer to our next one than you [emoji23]

Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:55 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:3-4 absolute gun kids but a lot of trash aswell. Not sure how much longer your veterans have left and most of them are still best 22 so hard to replace. A lot depends on how well Docherty returns. If he gets back to anywhere near his old form it will be very good for you. Need to find a couple of big bodied mids to help out Cripps

Yeh, I think the big bodied midfielders is a must. A Powel Pepper, Wines type in the midfield is a must. I like that we've decided to trade away our next draft pick. But we need a mid. Definitely. Up till today, Murph has been ordinary. Daisy has been serviceable and can keep going. Kruez is still going ok and Simmo keeps plodding along although he was quiet today (which is a good thing). Doc... he's a worry now. 2 knees in two years is concerning. He's a gun when fit though and yes, our defence rests upon him 2021 onward.

Silvagni, Kennedy and SPS were really good today playing in different positions which I liked. SOS did a great job on Fyfe.

O'Brien played his best game ever for us... and he was only just AFL standard... that says a lot about getting experience into kids IMO.

So next year, I can't see us going backward......just my opinion and I've been wrong before but I think there is enough to keep us interested at least.

Cognilio would be handy

Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:56 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Turbo"][quote="Jim05"][quote="gadj1976"][quote="Jim05"]

[/quote]
More recently than your last Premiership and that’s all that matters[/quote]

The funny thing is, I reckon we’re closer to our next one than you [emoji23]
[/quote]
Been hearing that for 20 years.
Neither of us will win one in the next 5 years atleast
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:03 am

Look at you blokes arguing over who is closer to their next flag, neither of you will be alive to be proven right or wrong :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:25 am

daysofourlives wrote:Look at you blokes arguing over who is closer to their next flag, neither of you will be alive to be proven right or wrong :D

Essendon flag or a Hawks merger, wonder what I’ll see first [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Postby LMA » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:35 am

Jim05 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Look at you blokes arguing over who is closer to their next flag, neither of you will be alive to be proven right or wrong :D

AFL don't have the balls to kickout or merge a club.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:39 am

[
Bottom 2 again next year, bookmark it![/quote]

IMO we'll improve. That will depend on a number of things though, one being the coach. If I do look forward to next season (and without taking into account the draft or trades) I can't see Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, GWS, Freo, WCE and a few others improving but I can us. Hence my interest.[/quote]

Collingwood,WC and GWS could not improve for the next 4 years and still be better then Carlton. No first round pick puts you back 2 years and only trade material you have is untouchable.
Essendon will improve once Worsfold leaves at Seasons end.
Melbourne just aren’t anywhere near AFL standard fit, have no small forwards.
Freo or WC will improve depending where T.Kelly ends up.
Hawks I worry about, but have pulling power why Clarkson is there to replace a big chunk of experience they will lose.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 am

LMA wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

AFL don't have the balls to kickout or merge a club.

Or the inclination. Gil’s stated previously they’d like to persue a 20 team comp.
Also, tv rights dictate there won’t be less games therefore there won’t be less clubs.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5479 times
Been liked: 5120 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL