AFL - Two little ducks

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL - Two little ducks

Postby stan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:Port in 11th currently
Will likely finish in 9th IMO. They have Freo at home, hawks come to Perth and the crows have the dogs.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 pm

GWS have blown it, gifted the world and they failed. Now they have blokes like Keefe, Reid, Simpson, Tomlinson and Shaw still running around.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Hardly blew anything today. Can't go up or down on the ladder. Had nothing to play for where the Bulldogs were playing to hold their own fate in the finals race.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby helicopterking » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Dogs will wipe the floor with the crows.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 pm

I dont care what anyone says but it's been a great weekend for footy.

Only way it could've got better if the Crows Collingwood game was a draw
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Gold Coast are dead set terrible.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby stan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Armchair expert wrote:GWS have blown it, gifted the world and they failed. Now they have blokes like Keefe, Reid, Simpson, Tomlinson and Shaw still running around.
2016 was really there year. That PF loss at home to the dogs should haunt them.
stan
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:Hardly blew anything today. Can't go up or down on the ladder. Had nothing to play for where the Bulldogs were playing to hold their own fate in the finals race.

That’s loser talk. You should be filthy anytime you lose.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby stan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Hardly blew anything today. Can't go up or down on the ladder. Had nothing to play for where the Bulldogs were playing to hold their own fate in the finals race.

I sometimes wonder why people think teams play like shit if they have nothing to gain. GWS are bloody front running hippy flogs at the moment.
stan
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Yes and no, IF.,.. you have nothing to play for. But GWS do/did. So, no excuses. Rest players if you wish but if it burns you, don't complain, don't make excuses, don't ask for exemption. Move on. Man up.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby whufc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:04 am

Has anyone ever sat in a changeroom before a game and gone ‘well nothing to play for lads so don’t count on me to try’

That’s bullshit if you can’t ‘get up’ because the points don’t matter than get some self pride
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby helicopterking » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:14 am

whufc wrote:Has anyone ever sat in a changeroom before a game and gone ‘well nothing to play for lads so don’t count on me to try’

That’s bullshit if you can’t ‘get up’ because the points don’t matter than get some self pride

I think this generation may consider it yes. Maybe not ‘ Dont Count on me to try’ but definitely ‘ I hope someone else does it for me’
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:30 am

gadj1976 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Yes and no, IF.,.. you have nothing to play for. But GWS do/did. So, no excuses. Rest players if you wish but if it burns you, don't complain, don't make excuses, don't ask for exemption. Move on. Man up.

I have always get/got nervous when the swans let games that don't mean anything go near the end of the season because it can be very costly to your momentum!!! and don't even get me started on the saying "it was the loss they/we needed" ... **** off, you never need a loss.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:38 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I have always get/got nervous when the swans let games that don't mean anything go near the end of the season because it can be very costly to your momentum!!! and don't even get me started on the saying "it was the loss they/we needed" ... **** off, you never need a loss.

So why isn’t Buddy playing?
Pushing for finals he would have been playing a month ago. All teams tank a little when the season is done but GWS have no excuses as they have plenty to play for still. Suns shouldn’t get near them but a shock loss will cost them a home final more than likely
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:44 am

Jim05 wrote:So why isn’t Buddy playing?
Pushing for finals he would have been playing a month ago. All teams tank a little when the season is done but GWS have no excuses as they have plenty to play for still. Suns shouldn’t get near them but a shock loss will cost them a home final more than likely

Not sure you know this mate, but i don't work on the medical team. So i have no idea... You literally have zero facts to back that up. And if he was good to go, then i'd be filthy...
That's why i was happy with Friday night, our work rate and pressure all game was awesome, and regardless of how sh*t Melbourne were. We didn't stop like we usually do. Seeing the likes of Blakey, rowbottom (paddlebum), Allir and Melican play well (plenty more i could add) is very promising.

From all reports he will play this week.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 am

He's 32, will be 33 when he starts next season and has missed 8 weeks with a hamstring he can't get right.

With 3 more years to run on his deal he's unlikely to see it out, interesting what the Swans do with the money he'll be owed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:57 am

Booney wrote:He's 32, will be 33 when he starts next season and has missed 8 weeks with a hamstring he can't get right.

With 3 more years to run on his deal he's unlikely to see it out, interesting what the Swans do with the money he'll be owed.

I think it was King during the week that said with Roughead, Lewis and Deledio all retiring that Buddy would be last remaining player from the 2004 draft remaining and that he still has 3 years to run. Will take a huge effort for him to see out his contract
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:00 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:So why isn’t Buddy playing?

Not sure you know this mate, but i don't work on the medical team. So i have no idea... You literally have zero facts to back that up. And if he was good to go, then i'd be filthy...
That's why i was happy with Friday night, our work rate and pressure all game was awesome, and regardless of how sh*t Melbourne were. We didn't stop like we usually do. Seeing the likes of Blakey, rowbottom (paddlebum), Allir and Melican play well (plenty more i could add) is very promising.

From all reports he will play this week.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it, all clubs get more cautious with injuries once their season is over. Amazingly he is fit to play for their last home game of the season with a couple of retirements taking place. Hoping to boost attendance?
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:10 am

amber_fluid wrote:Gold Coast are dead set terrible.

Whilst they are, consider round 8 on the Gold Coast, Melbourne kick a goal at the 31 minute mark to draw level and a point at the 32:30 mark to win by a point. If not for a little bit of stoppage structure Gold Coast and Melbourne would be on the same amount of wins, one of them was in the top 3 of premiership betting at the start of the year.

If you think Gold Coast are terrible then Melbourne are more "terribler"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:52 am

Booney wrote:He's 32, will be 33 when he starts next season and has missed 8 weeks with a hamstring he can't get right.

AFL has said it counts in their cap whether they actually pay it or not.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL