Adelaide Crows 2020

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:haha what a shit show the franchise for all South Australians has become, firstly they try to be smart and rent out a whole resort for the players (might be getting a few more refund request calls this morning) and then get it completely wrong. I thought they put a line thru camps??

Fagan/Chapman still there, Burton/Pike aren't - who was/is the problem???
Aren’t the Novotel and Barossa Golf Club seperate entities?
The golf course is still open to public and taking bookings isn’t it?

Tanunda GC is the one in the resorts boundaries, from a quick search it looks like it is still open to the public.

Barossa GC in in Nuri.
That’s the one I meant.
Tanunda golf club is still open to the public as far as I’m aware so are the Crows claiming they booked out the whole course for the day/week?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 08, 2020 11:28 am

Booney wrote:Adelaide contacted SAPOL to report a suspected breach, seems as though they themselves know it was all 16 training together, if it was only in groups of 8 they wouldn't need to alert SAPOL.

#wetrainasone

They said (Adam Kelly I think it was) two groups of 8 on SEN this morning was

Talk about mountain out of molehill stuff
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bum Crack » Fri May 08, 2020 11:29 am

Brodlach wrote:
Booney wrote:Adelaide contacted SAPOL to report a suspected breach, seems as though they themselves know it was all 16 training together, if it was only in groups of 8 they wouldn't need to alert SAPOL.

#wetrainasone

Can only have groups of 2 on the golf course ;)
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 am

Brodlach wrote:

#wetrainasone

So police have given them an exemption to leave their rooms ( against SA Health quarantine guidelines ) and allowed them to train in groups of two. Interesting given Port were told to quarantine for 14 days when they returned from the Gold Coast 48 hours before the border closing deadline.

The AFL are only allowing them to train in groups of two. And they've trained in groups of 8, at least.

I'd say they're guilty of being pretty f*cking thick.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Spangas » Fri May 08, 2020 11:41 am

Booney wrote: I'd say they're guilty of being pretty f*cking thick.

Remember you're talking about professional footballers.
I apologise.
Spangas
Under 16s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 103 times

Postby Spargo » Fri May 08, 2020 11:42 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

#wetrainasone

So police have given them an exemption to leave their rooms ( against SA Health quarantine guidelines ) and allowed them to train in groups of two. Interesting given Port were told to quarantine for 14 days when they returned from the Gold Coast 48 hours before the border closing deadline.

The AFL are only allowing them to train in groups of two. And they've trained in groups of 8, at least.

Or arrogant.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5471 times
Been liked: 5114 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RB » Fri May 08, 2020 11:46 am

In fairness, it's not the most disastrous camp the Crows have gone on.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 08, 2020 11:52 am

Booney wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

#wetrainasone

Can’t compare it to Port returning as it’s at different ends of the pandemic
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Port returned before the mandatory quarantine period was implemented not 6 weeks into it so yes, sure, it differs in that Adelaide should have absolutely had to quarantine as per SA Health guidelines.

I don't think Port's returned Non-SA players are training anywhere. I'll try and find out.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:08 pm

Apparently the Crows had some exemptions from SA Health and SAPOL to firstly travel to the Barossa and quarantine together and to also be able to train in pairs.

There is apparently going to be a press conference at 3.15pm with SA Health and SAPOL regarding the incident.

It does not reflect well on the Crows and won't reflect well on SA Health or SAPOL either if the Crows were given special treatment that Mr and Mrs Ordinary Person wouldn't get.

Crows will throw Ben Hart under the bus and sack him.

Just about over the AFL and their we're more important than everyone else attitude during this time.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri May 08, 2020 12:10 pm

If they sack Ben Hart this has been a good thing to happen. Mentioned before that I don’t think he can coach. His record at Collingwood and Adelaide as a coach is abysmal
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri May 08, 2020 12:11 pm

cennals05 wrote:Apparently the Crows had some exemptions from SA Health and SAPOL to firstly travel to the Barossa and quarantine together and to also be able to train in pairs.

There is apparently going to be a press conference at 3.15pm with SA Health and SAPOL regarding the incident.

It does not reflect well on the Crows and won't reflect well on SA Health or SAPOL either if the Crows were given special treatment that Mr and Mrs Ordinary Person wouldn't get.

Just about over the AFL and their we're more important than everyone else attitude during this time.

Not sure the good folk of the Barossa will be too please given the scare they endured after the Yanks littered the shit everywhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 08, 2020 12:14 pm

Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Apparently the Crows had some exemptions from SA Health and SAPOL to firstly travel to the Barossa and quarantine together and to also be able to train in pairs.

Not sure the good folk of the Barossa will be too please given the scare they endured after the Yanks littered the shit everywhere.

That's what i was thinking.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Was it appropriate that they travel to a regional area in the current climate?

Kelly said on SEN this morning that the golf course is open to the public, seems strange that this arrangement was ticked off by the authorities. You are either in isolation or you are not.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby MW » Fri May 08, 2020 1:10 pm

All hysteria aside, what are we looking at here? $50k fine from the AFL ($100k with half suspended) or something similar? Benny to be suspended by the club?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Booney » Fri May 08, 2020 1:12 pm

MW wrote:All hysteria aside, what are we looking at here? $50k fine from the AFL ($100k with half suspended) or something similar? Benny to be suspended by the club?

I'm more interested in who said they could travel to a regional centre and not adhere to the mandatory quarantine period.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Fri May 08, 2020 1:13 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:All hysteria aside, what are we looking at here? $50k fine from the AFL ($100k with half suspended) or something similar? Benny to be suspended by the club?

I'm more interested in who said they could travel to a regional centre and not adhere to the mandatory quarantine period.

sounds like SA Health and SA Police agreed.
Oh and I've heard it all now after Dwayne Russell wants a draft pick taken off the Crows! :lol: :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Plus police fines for each player and potentially having to restart their 14 days.

Kelly sounded defeated on radio this morning, and has been in the place for 5 mins.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby MW » Fri May 08, 2020 1:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Plus police fines for each player and potentially having to restart their 14 days.

Kelly sounded defeated on radio this morning, and has been in the place for 5 mins.

Can't fine the club and players...one or the other
you expect a footy ops manager to sound up and about after this shit?
MW
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Ban them from playing in the SANFL [emoji3]
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL