Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

Postby JK » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am

AFL may well be dependent on Government assistance to survive this, and as such a large industry would normally (you would imagine) have no trouble getting some form of help. Uncertainty over whether there'd be anything left in government coffers by the end of this wouldn't provide any comfort for the key stakeholders.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am

Might just have to go back to a sport where participants play for the love of the game, wouldnt hurt at all levels. That is whats driving the issues we are facing now.
Also getting back to one or two coaches wouldnt hurt either, get rid of all the stats men and line coaches at all clubs. I suspect this will start to happen anyway.
The comp needs a major reset, that will fix the scoring issues that the game faces
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby MW » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Might just have to go back to a sport where participants play for the love of the game, wouldnt hurt at all levels. That is whats driving the issues we are facing now.
Also getting back to one or two coaches wouldnt hurt either, get rid of all the stats men and line coaches at all clubs. I suspect this will start to happen anyway.
The comp needs a major reset, that will fix the scoring issues that the game faces

What about the crowds? 8)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2590 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:59 pm

MW wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Might just have to go back to a sport where participants play for the love of the game, wouldnt hurt at all levels. That is whats driving the issues we are facing now.

Not sure what you mean?

I wonder what the talk is in Ireland with Gaelic football and the financial cost to their clubs, arent they amateur?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
MW wrote:

Not sure what you mean?

I wonder what the talk is in Ireland with Gaelic football and the financial cost to their clubs, arent they amateur?
The players are yes. But haven't their season just finished? Hurling is about to begin.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL