Have the Adelaide Crows imploded??

Talk on the national game

Re: Have the Adelaide Crows imploded??

Postby Gozu » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 pm

The Crows would be mad to put Grant Kelley on the board after the way he's run the 36ers the past couple of years.

Ask Mitch Creek for a recommendation! :lol:
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Chrisso » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm astonished at the amount of parochial crow's supporters that are suggesting that we should end the season immediately because of the player testing positive.

They should look at things in the reverse light and use this season to pump games into kids instead of playing the older players who just loaf along, I didn't pay a lot of attention to the game but there was very little inspiration, I know Gold Coast are an absolute powerhouse but there was very little resistance when they went forward.

Spot on LM. The players won't get any experience by calling the season off, it will only delay this sh1t show until next year.

As many have mentioned, you cannot just play the kids. They will be physically smashed in no time. This is what GC did initially and is why GWS recruited more experienced players.

I'm finding it incredibly hard to watch the Crows each week (I find the AFL boring to watch) with the lack of leadership shown by the senior players. It is up to them to show the on field leadership, Nicks cannot be held responsible for that.

It's gonna be a long few years in Crowland.
Chrisso
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Chrisso » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Nicks said he was going to focus on defence, I believe him!

Listening to all the interviews last week and it was all about what they do without the ball, they do look confused and lack cohesion when they do have the pill.

I wonder if that's because we can't get our hands on the pill ATM :?

Our forward line looks terrible, but it isn't helped by getting smashed in the middle every week.

I know it's hard to tell on tv, but last week when we actually got the ball, we were so slow moving it forward. I'm presuming it is because we had no one down there to kick to.
Chrisso
Mini-League

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Chrisso wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Listening to all the interviews last week and it was all about what they do without the ball, they do look confused and lack cohesion when they do have the pill.

Our forward line looks terrible, but it isn't helped by getting smashed in the middle every week.

I know it's hard to tell on tv, but last week when we actually got the ball, we were so slow moving it forward. I'm presuming it is because we had no one down there to kick to.

You haven't for a few years now, so what's changed!

On second thoughts JJ could improve your forward line, hilarious hey?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Chrisso wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

Walker has lost all his agility, the modern game requires ( right or wrong ) key forwards to get up the ground and help out defend and get back into the forward arc to give a target, at this stage in his career Walker can't up and back and he's not the bail out kick down the line. If he could play out of the goal square and run in straight lines he'd be ok. Fogarty is much the same, he needs to be straight line out of the square.

If those two can't offer the up and back or a down the line bail out they need to move aside.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Booney wrote:
Walker has lost all his agility, the modern game requires ( right or wrong ) key forwards to get up the ground and help out defend and get back into the forward arc to give a target, at this stage in his career Walker can't up and back and he's not the bail out kick down the line. If he could play out of the goal square and run in straight lines he'd be ok. Fogarty is much the same, he needs to be straight line out of the square.

If those two can't offer the up and back or a down the line bail out they need to move aside.

Walkers done, get him to 200 games and then stage manage his testimonial game...

Fog, "There's an old saying in my game son, you cant put in what God left out" (Sam Mussobini (Harold Abraham's coach) - Chariots of Fire.

The need to maximise Fogs Aerobic Power and core stability so he can maximise his repeat efforts (sprints). Good aerobic power covers a multitude of sins so you can ensure your decrease in speed is attenuated due to your ability to recover on field over the course of a match.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Chrisso » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:30 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Chrisso wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:

You haven't for a few years now, so what's changed!

On second thoughts JJ could improve your forward line, hilarious hey?

Sorry, when I said 'no one to kick to' I meant literally as they're are all up the field
Chrisso
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL