AFL Round 5 - New style

Talk on the national game

AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am

Thursday :
Carlton v St Kilda - MRVL

Friday :
Collingwood v Essendon - MCG

Saturday :
West Coast v Sydney - Metricon
Geelong v Gold Coast - GMHBA
Bulldogs v North Melbourne - MRVL
Brisbane v Port Adelaide - Gabba

Sunday :
Adelaide v Fremantle - Metricon ( Spoon Day )
Melbourne v Richmond - MCG
GWS v Hawthorn - Giants Stadium
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47726
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4928 times
Been liked: 7905 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby mots02 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:39 am

Booney wrote:Thursday :
Carlton v St Kilda - MRVL

Friday :
Collingwood v Essendon - MCG

Saturday :
West Coast v Sydney - Metricon
Geelong v Gold Coast - GMHBA
Bulldogs v North Melbourne - MRVL
Brisbane v Port Adelaide - Gabba (Grand Final Preview *Ports to lose from here, anything less is a failure)

Sunday :
Adelaide v Fremantle - Metricon ( Spoon Day )
Melbourne v Richmond - MCG
GWS v Hawthorn - Giants Stadium



EFA
User avatar
mots02
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 416 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 am

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:Thursday :
Carlton v St Kilda - MRVL

Friday :
Collingwood v Essendon - MCG

Saturday :
West Coast v Sydney - Metricon
Geelong v Gold Coast - GMHBA
Bulldogs v North Melbourne - MRVL
Brisbane v Port Adelaide - Gabba (Grand Final Preview *Ports to lose from here, anything less is a failure)

Sunday :
Adelaide v Fremantle - Metricon ( Spoon Day )
Melbourne v Richmond - MCG
GWS v Hawthorn - Giants Stadium



EFA


You’d know all about that ;)
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9365
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 2425 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 am

What a season.

Port, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Brisbane all watchable. Everyone else is crap. Haven't watched this much League in years. If Gil doesn't think there's a problem with the game he's been on the kool aid.

regards,

REB
We ARE the Danger!
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 26337
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1237 times
Been liked: 1419 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby stan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:27 am

Could be the last round of the season. If the Vic clubs don't get out of Victoria, then it's game over. Victoria will get more sanctions soon the way they are going.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12514
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 876 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby DOC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:32 am

Thursday :
Carlton v St Kilda - MRVL

Friday :
Collingwood v Essendon - MCG

Saturday :
West Coast v Sydney - Metricon
Geelong v Gold Coast - GMHBA
Bulldogs v North Melbourne - MRVL
Brisbane v Port Adelaide - Gabba

Sunday :
Adelaide v Fremantle - Metricon ( Spoon Day )
Melbourne v Richmond - MCG
GWS v Hawthorn - Giants Stadium
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9132
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 851 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:42 am

stan wrote:Could be the last round of the season. If the Vic clubs don't get out of Victoria, then it's game over. Victoria will get more sanctions soon the way they are going.
I’m hearing that today’s positives will be in the 80’s and that an announcement will be made this arvo
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41608
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2637 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am

Two week break, new hubs is my guess.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47726
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4928 times
Been liked: 7905 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 pm

Booney wrote:Two week break, new hubs is my guess.


While that makes sense, having a break in the season would be the absolute last resort I reckon, AFL wouldn't want to lose any momentum.
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39772
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1320 times
Been liked: 2147 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:11 pm

Booney wrote:Two week break, new hubs is my guess.

Stealer.

It's the only way, lucky the cows played Sydney in round 1 and Port didn't play any Victorian sides.

We could host any combination of Vic sides including both Melbourne and Essendon to schedule in the game they missed out.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 40325
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2946 times
Been liked: 5179 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Two week break, new hubs is my guess.

Stealer.

It's the only way, lucky the cows played Sydney in round 1 and Port didn't play any Victorian sides.

We could host any combination of Vic sides including both Melbourne and Essendon to schedule in the game they missed out.

That would sit perfectly as West Coast and Freo played Melbourne and Essendon respectively in round 1.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 40325
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2946 times
Been liked: 5179 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:24 pm

So Gold Coast have to leave Queensland, which is pretty much covid free to go play geelong in Victoria... Straight up dumb from the AFL....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16068
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:So Gold Coast have to leave Queensland, which is pretty much covid free to go play geelong in Victoria... Straight up dumb from the AFL....


They then have to isolate for 14 days upon their arrival into Queensland. The only place they can go from Victoria is to WA if the WA government allows them to join Geelong and Collingwood, but given they've just played Geelong and they've played West Coast and Fremantle that seems pointless.

They could go to Sydney to play the two NSW based sides though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47726
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4928 times
Been liked: 7905 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby RB » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:28 pm

It's hard to see that the AFL would ever do the opposite - i.e. knowingly send Victorian teams to say Queensland if the situation was getting out of control up there.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Veteran
 
Posts: 3718
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 544 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:52 pm

why dont the AFL play this way

all Vic clubs stay in Vic and play each other, all interstate clubs can travel and play each other, then after 14 rounds the top 4 clubs in each tier, Vic and Aust wide play a finals series or the top side in each tier plays off for the Champions of Australia Cup or Premiership
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43149
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1305 times
Been liked: 579 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

locky801 wrote:why dont the AFL play this way

all Vic clubs stay in Vic and play each other, all interstate clubs can travel and play each other, then after 14 rounds the top 4 clubs in each tier, Vic and Aust wide play a finals series or the top side in each tier plays off for the Champions of Australia Cup or Premiership

Because most of the interstate teams have already played each other.

Where will they play the finals? In Victoria?

If ALL teams don't play each other at least once, it is a flawed competition.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 40325
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2946 times
Been liked: 5179 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:So Gold Coast have to leave Queensland, which is pretty much covid free to go play geelong in Victoria... Straight up dumb from the AFL....



They may forfeit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 40325
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2946 times
Been liked: 5179 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby locky801 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
locky801 wrote:why dont the AFL play this way

all Vic clubs stay in Vic and play each other, all interstate clubs can travel and play each other, then after 14 rounds the top 4 clubs in each tier, Vic and Aust wide play a finals series or the top side in each tier plays off for the Champions of Australia Cup or Premiership

Because most of the interstate teams have already played each other.

Where will they play the finals? In Victoria?

If ALL teams don't play each other at least once, it is a flawed competition.


Was just a thought,
User avatar
locky801
Coach
 
 
Posts: 43149
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:11 pm
Location: Lockies Crownie Bar and Lounge
Has liked: 1305 times
Been liked: 579 times

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:So Gold Coast have to leave Queensland, which is pretty much covid free to go play geelong in Victoria... Straight up dumb from the AFL....



They may forfeit.

I'm very surprised this is happening. The way the world is these days, where people can be held responsible for nearly anything, wouldn't the AFL have a duty of care to the interstate teams by preventing them from going into Victoria at the moment?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 6825
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 236 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: AFL Round 5 - New style

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:So Gold Coast have to leave Queensland, which is pretty much covid free to go play geelong in Victoria... Straight up dumb from the AFL....



They may forfeit.

I'm very surprised this is happening. The way the world is these days, where people can be held responsible for nearly anything, wouldn't the AFL have a duty of care to the interstate teams by preventing them from going into Victoria at the moment?


Absolutely, I've been waiting for the AFLPA to chime in with this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47726
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4928 times
Been liked: 7905 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests