Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:Scott (Brad) 200 games
Buckley 193 games
Hinkley 170 games

All pretty similar coaches, all have got to at least 2 prelim's, one is gone, one is out of contract 2021, one extended until 2023.

Squads are in different positions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:04 pm

Booney wrote:Port Bashing stakes over 1100m.

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

Lame deflection which will look even worse when Port miss the top four with their piss easy draw. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby MW » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:37 am

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

I need to lift my game...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 am

MW wrote:

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

Would they be able to run 1100m?

#slowlyrunaffair
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:56 am

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

Would they be able to run 1100m?

#slowlyrunaffair

My F4 in order.

Dutchy
BC
LM
Daisy
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:01 am

Given your summer you'd win by that far a swab would be ordered.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 am

Booney wrote:Given your summer you'd win by that far a swab would be ordered.

LM: Little Man, not Lightning McQueen.

I'd be quietly confident in my own performance at the moment mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:16 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

Lame deflection which will look even worse when Port miss the top four with their piss easy draw. ;)

regards,

REB

It’s like he’s happy to give it out but can’t take it or something :-) #shitbloke
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:47 pm

I'll give him one thing, his passion for being anti-Port is stronger than his passion for being pro-Centrals, takes a really special person with a really sound inferiority complex to keep that up.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:I'll give him one thing, his passion for being anti-Port is stronger than his passion for being pro-Centrals, takes a really special person with a really sound inferiority complex to keep that up.

Took longer than I expected.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Booney wrote:I'll give him one thing, his passion for being anti-Port is stronger than his passion for being pro-Centrals, takes a really special person with a really sound inferiority complex to keep that up.

I don't read his posts, just assume it bullshit like all the others.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Bum Crack wrote:

Piss weak as usual. #shitbloke

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:03 pm

Took longer than I thought.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 pm

UK Fan wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

Final Dividends :

Dutchy $2.10 $1.30
Little man $1.20
Daisy $1.40
Bum Crack (4th)

Exacta $3.30
Quinella $2.40
Trifecta $12.80
F4 $42.40

regards,

REB

It’s like he’s happy to give it out but can’t take it or something :-) #shitbloke

#nohe'snot
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 pm

Booney wrote:I notice the little guy still hasn't posted about his former club, seemed as though he was quite involved there.

Booney wrote:I don't read his posts, just assume it bullshit like all the others.

It’s no wonder your nose is massive :-)

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Reigning John Cahill Medallist Darcy Byrne-Jones has been elevated to Port Adelaide’s player leadership group.

The 2020 All-Australian defender has impressed with his consistency and leadership capability.

Port Adelaide GM – Football Chris Davies said Byrne-Jones had evolved into a respected leader within the playing group.

“Darcy has been a highly consistent performer since his debut in 2016 and he’s particularly impressed with his leadership development across the last two seasons,” Davies said.

“His character is one which is highly respected and valued within our group. The consensus is that he will add great value to our existing leadership group of Tom Jonas, Ollie Wines and Hamish Hartlett.”

Byrne-Jones said he is excited to have been elevated to the leadership group.

“It is a privilege to be part of this great club’s leadership group and I’m looking forward to working with and learning from TJ, Ollie and Harts,” said Byrne-Jones.

“We’ve built great connection and care within the group over the last couple of years and I’m looking forward to leading the way and helping build on the work our leaders have already done in this space.”

Port Adelaide’s 2021 leadership group includes captain Tom Jonas, vice-captain Ollie Wines and leaders Hamish Hartlett and Darcy Byrne-Jones.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:26 am

AS PORT Adelaide closed out another competitive but ultimately unsuccessful season in 2018, there was a realisation from key decision makers that the club was stuck in the AFL's equivalent of no-man's land.

The Power had reached a "critical point" in their recent history and needed to be courageous to get out of the middle rungs of the ladder, where they had resided for four years since making a preliminary final in 2014.

Their aggressive investment in that year's NAB AFL Draft is the defining point in the building of a list that coach Ken Hinkley now says is the best he has had in his eight completed seasons with the Power.

The addition of exciting trio Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Xavier Duursma that year, combined with a consistent middle tier and a senior core that continues to play at a high level has the Power list "ready" for an assault on the 2021 premiership.

"We got to a point where we needed to get out of what we call that middle zone of the ladder and we didn't want to stay in there," Hinkley told AFL.com.au.

"It was a really critical part and a really interesting moment in our football club's career.

"We had a list that's always been competitive, but we hadn't been able to ultimately get to the Grand Final and win the Grand Final. That's what we were setting out to do.

"We made some decisions based on, did we think we were going to be able to get there with the current group we had? What was that (2018) draft looking like?

"There were some really strategic decisions being made about when the right draft was to go into, when we were going to go into it, and how hard we were going to go.

"List manager Jason Cripps and national recruiting manager Geoff Parker got that planning very accurate for us, we took the leap, and we are here to today."

The decision to attack the draft so aggressively off the back of 12 and 14-win seasons could be interpreted as a leap of faith from Hinkley, who put the future of the club ahead of himself at a time when he was under pressure.

The 54-year-old has been rewarded for his commitment to the change of direction and was last year named the AFL Coaches Association coach of the year for steering his team to a preliminary final.

Port's senior players, led by former skipper Travis Boak and four-time all Australian Robbie Gray, also needed to buy into the new direction and are now "fighting like hell" to be part of a successful team reshaped by youth.

"Their desire to be successful was clear to me and they wanted to make sure they were a part of it," Hinkley said.

"So it took their confidence in what we were doing to come and perform like they did and have done for the last couple of years to help those young guys get to the level they have done quickly.

"I'm sure they're really confident now that they've got a group that is ready to take them hopefully to the place they want to go.

"That's to a Grand Final and ultimately to a premiership."

Hinkley warned his team was rising at the start of 2020, declaring "look out, we're coming" on the eve of the club's 150th anniversary year.

The message this year? "We're ready".

The Power are being driven by a "heartbreaking" end to 2020, which saw them lose a thrilling preliminary final to eventual premier Richmond by six points.

With a blend of exciting and tough football that has earned the admiration of the rest of the competition, there's no doubt they are "ready" to take the next step if their improvement continues.

"We're not satisfied, we're not happy, and we have to get better," the coach says.

"There could have been an opportunity for them not to really be motivated. They might have still been feeling the pain.

"But they let it drive them I reckon. They let the pain drive them and they came back in great shape.

"They've given themselves another chance."

The bold way Hinkley talks about his team is different to other senior AFL coaches.

The statement that Port is "ready" is consistent with the honest approach he has taken and he embraces the expectations that come with that.

"All I can actually do is talk with honesty, and that's what I do. I talk with honesty about what I think and how I think the team is going," he said.

"What I had seen through last pre-season when the conversation came up that 'look out, we're coming', it was because of my belief in what the group were capable of and what they are still capable of.

"This year I believe we're ready.

"People will use that against you if you don't succeed. I'm really confident that we're going to succeed, so the opportunity to use it against me won't be there.

"We're ready and we’re going to go after it and see where it takes us."
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:34 am

I wish he'd just shut up and let the performances do the talking. it always seems to bite him on the arse.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish he'd just shut up and let the performances do the talking. it always seems to bite him on the arse.

Nah **** it, that's what's wrong with sport these days - everyone sits on the fence, is cautious what they say, throw out cliches and be diplomatic.

Bring back more personality and honest comments - let people declare themselves the greatest or their ambitions to be so.. let coaches rag on umpires or say they weren't good enough.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:55 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I wish he'd just shut up and let the performances do the talking. it always seems to bite him on the arse.

Nah **** it, that's what's wrong with sport these days - everyone sits on the fence, is cautious what they say, throw out cliches and be diplomatic.

Bring back more personality and honest comments - let people declare themselves the greatest or their ambitions to be so.. let coaches rag on umpires or say they weren't good enough.

I was cautious/worried about last years comments ( despite adding them to my signature ) but these I fully endorse. We should be aiming at the ultimate, we should be entering the season thinking we're in it. Sure, the process ( week to week ) is important but that hasn't started yet, when it does we'll take it one week at a time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL