Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:40 am

No, going back to your handball comment, what do you know about KT's tenure coming to an end?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:44 am

Booney wrote:No, going back to your handball comment, what do you know about KT's tenure coming to an end?

Is KT still there in some capacity?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:No, going back to your handball comment, what do you know about KT's tenure coming to an end?

Is KT still there in some capacity?

His tenure was due to come to an end at the end of 2020, he offered throughout the year to stay on and help guide the club through the post-COVID landscape and the board decided that it was time for change. To say he "handballed" any debt issues besmirches his name and legacy at the club.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:56 am

Did he dig them out of a hole, absolutely.

Has he set them up for long term success, yet to be proven. Some very strong language used in Richardson's statement.

Like many things time will tell.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:57 am

This statement was made January 2016.

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt at Alberton.

“It is unacceptably high — it is as simple as that,” says Koch of the red ink on Port Adelaide’s financials.

5 years later...... new business model required and debt still an issue.

KTS ego wanted him to hang around So he could make good on his promise I left the place in a better space than when I found it.

What with more debt that you started. With the China Hail Mary plan officially dead and serious questions about sustainability of the game moving forward.

Good luck Richo
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:29 pm

UK Fan wrote:This statement was made January 2016.

PORT ADELAIDE president David Koch has completed his mission of making the Power a “sustainable business”. Now he has to clear significant debt at Alberton.

“It is unacceptably high — it is as simple as that,” says Koch of the red ink on Port Adelaide’s financials.

5 years later...... new business model required and debt still an issue.

KTS ego wanted him to hang around So he could make good on his promise I left the place in a better space than when I found it.

What with more debt that you started. With the China Hail Mary plan officially dead and serious questions about sustainability of the game moving forward.

Good luck Richo

Dont they just need the Labor Party to win next election and start giving subsidies back to PA . :D
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 564 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:52 am

I notice the little guy still hasn't posted about his former club, seemed as though he was quite involved there, I guess not as loyal as I thought he was.

What's the word I'm looking for, fickle I think will do.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:13 am

Port Adelaide is delighted to announce senior coach Ken Hinkley has agreed to a two-year contract extension.

Hinkley, who was first appointed Port Adelaide senior coach in October 2012, still has a year to serve on his existing contract, with this extension tying him to the club until at least the end of 2023.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch said the club is thrilled to retain Hinkley as senior coach for the long-term.

“Ken has selflessly coached and rebuilt our football program to deliver what we think is best for the sustained success of our club. At Port Adelaide, we exist to win Premierships and our people have high expectations, which we wholeheartedly embrace going into 2021,” Mr Koch said.

“Ken has built a culture within our football program of care and connection. You could see how much the players were playing for each other and for Ken last season, and how much Ken savoured the success of his team.

“We think in Ken, his coaching group, the football department and our players, we have the ingredients to achieve the ultimate success, and we look forward to seeing that play out over the next three years.

“I often refer to the importance of stability in leadership positions in any organisation, especially football clubs. Clubs that have built eras of success, have all done so around strong and stable leadership. We are delighted that Ken has agreed to this extension.”

Hinkley said the decision to extend his contract was one he and his family were very comfortable with.

“I love everything this club stands for,” Hinkley said.

“We’re embracing the challenge of delivering sustained success for our people. That is what I crave as a coach of this playing group. I want this for our players and I want this for our community.

“We fell agonisingly short in our 150th year and that hurts. But I know our playing group and entire club has a burning desire to go further in 2021.”

Hinkley thanked the club for not only supporting him but also his football program.

“When you see the club’s commitment to the football program and our coaches’ commitment to the club, it provides a great platform from which to achieve,” he said.

“The passion and commitment of our members and partners is something that fuelled us in what was an incredibly challenging year 2020, and I know our coaches and players are driven to return that faith in 2021 more than ever.”

UP NEXT
Aliir excited to meet teammates after 14 days of isolation
Latest News
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Port Adelaide 2021

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 am

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide is delighted to announce senior coach Ken Hinkley has agreed to a two-year contract extension.

Hinkley, who was first appointed Port Adelaide senior coach in October 2012, still has a year to serve on his existing contract, with this extension tying him to the club until at least the end of 2023.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch said the club is thrilled to retain Hinkley as senior coach for the long-term.

“Ken has selflessly coached and rebuilt our football program to deliver what we think is best for the sustained success of our club. At Port Adelaide, we exist to win Premierships and our people have high expectations, which we wholeheartedly embrace going into 2021,” Mr Koch said.

“Ken has built a culture within our football program of care and connection. You could see how much the players were playing for each other and for Ken last season, and how much Ken savoured the success of his team.

“We think in Ken, his coaching group, the football department and our players, we have the ingredients to achieve the ultimate success, and we look forward to seeing that play out over the next three years.

“I often refer to the importance of stability in leadership positions in any organisation, especially football clubs. Clubs that have built eras of success, have all done so around strong and stable leadership. We are delighted that Ken has agreed to this extension.”

Hinkley said the decision to extend his contract was one he and his family were very comfortable with.

“I love everything this club stands for,” Hinkley said.

“We’re embracing the challenge of delivering sustained success for our people. That is what I crave as a coach of this playing group. I want this for our players and I want this for our community.

“We fell agonisingly short in our 150th year and that hurts. But I know our playing group and entire club has a burning desire to go further in 2021.”

Hinkley thanked the club for not only supporting him but also his football program.

“When you see the club’s commitment to the football program and our coaches’ commitment to the club, it provides a great platform from which to achieve,” he said.

“The passion and commitment of our members and partners is something that fuelled us in what was an incredibly challenging year 2020, and I know our coaches and players are driven to return that faith in 2021 more than ever.”

UP NEXT
Aliir excited to meet teammates after 14 days of isolation
Latest News
Geez, 12 months ago every Port man and their dog wanted him hung, drawn and quartered
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 am

Interesting move.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 am

The Bedge wrote:Interesting move.

Was always going to happen. Can't see how anyone would be surprised by this.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 am

Booney wrote:

2 years is an acceptable extension as well.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 am

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:

2 years is an acceptable extension as well.

Agreed. The list management and coaching group took some big risks in the last 3 years and it ( at this point ) appears to have paid off. With a prelim final under his belt he has to be given the opportunity to see what he can get out of this current group.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 am

Booney wrote:Was always going to happen. Can't see how anyone would be surprised by this.

Wouldn't have waited until mid year to discuss a new contract? If he missed finals this year he was gone.. now locked in for another 3 seasons.

Seems a bit risky.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:Was always going to happen. Can't see how anyone would be surprised by this.

Wouldn't have waited until mid year to discuss a new contract? If he missed finals this year he was gone.. now locked in for another 3 seasons.

Seems a bit risky.

And what if they don’t play finals in 2021?
Needed to ensure the team played 2 years of finals footy IMO before the extension
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:40 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Seems a bit risky.

And what if they don’t play finals in 2021?
Needed to ensure the team played 2 years of finals footy IMO before the extension

Kind of my point with the mid-season - imagine if the side starts the season 0-6 or something along those lines.. the Port faithful will be out in mass with the pitchforks
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:42 pm

With the AFL rules relating to sacking coaches it's no risk.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:46 pm

Booney wrote:With the AFL rules relating to sacking coaches it's no risk.

Wouldn't they need to pay him out still though? Can the club afford to pay a club out of his contract if it can to it?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:50 pm

No, at the end of 2019 coaches had maximum 6 month pay out clauses put in. ie - no multi million dollar pay outs anymore.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Booney wrote:No, at the end of 2019 coaches had maximum 6 month pay out clauses put in. ie - no multi million dollar pay outs anymore.

I never knew that.
That seems ridiculous given they sign contracts.
Imagine a coach sacked in his 2nd year who had a 5 year contract.
Lawyers will be lining up to assist them.

I guess player contracts mean nothing now so I guess it flows to coaches as well now.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL