Port Adelaide 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Postby JK » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Hartlett looked well under done, think he'll be better for this hitout. I guess at least he had a reason being his first game for the season, others looked underdone too that probably shouldn't have been. Think Port can learn plenty from that loss to a seriously good side that came to play with heavy intent from the first bounce. Also agree with Booney, don't think Port can afford to go too top heavy up the front.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Some of the comments regarding Ladhams from Port supporters were brutal. After Hayes’ effort last week he is surely close?

I thought Ladhams was ordinary, and whilst he's a good user by foot, there lacks synergy in the F50 with him.

Didn't work with the 4 talls down there, completely threw the balance out.

Other than Ken didn’t anyone think it’d work?
Hindsight is wonderful I know but it was never going to work.

He is stubborn so wonder if he’ll persevere with it?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:56 pm

The work of Nick Nat was the best rucking I have seen for years, incredible service to his mids. Port coming off Preseason games with the Crows into North and Essendon, heading to Perth was always going to be a huge challenge.

I expect Port to bounce back big time on FNF
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Dutchy wrote:The work of Nick Nat was the best rucking I have seen for years, incredible service to his mids. Port coming off Preseason games with the Crows into North and Essendon, heading to Perth was always going to be a huge challenge.

I expect Port to bounce back big time on FNF

As will Richmond, they'll be seething, a few injuries may help us slightly.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:The work of Nick Nat was the best rucking I have seen for years

Couldn't agree more .. In the 6/6/6 era he's up there with any other star as the most important player in the game imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm

JK wrote:

Couldn't agree more .. In the 6/6/6 era he's up there with any other star as the most important player in the game imho.

Ive always been on the side of Rucks being over-rated, but then you see a performance like that :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3499 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:
JK wrote:

Ive always been on the side of Rucks being over-rated, but then you see a performance like that :shock:

The best ruckmen have never been overrated, but usually there’s not many guns among the category. Nic Nat is a genius combined with the best athleticism going. Absolute superstar
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:08 am

JK wrote:The best ruckmen have never been overrated, but usually there’s not many guns among the category. Nic Nat is a genius combined with the best athleticism going. Absolute superstar

Not sure about that, Gawn and Grundy get more kudos than they deserve I reckon and Goldstein gets too little.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:19 am

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:The best ruckmen have never been overrated, but usually there’s not many guns among the category. Nic Nat is a genius combined with the best athleticism going. Absolute superstar

Not sure about that, Gawn and Grundy get more kudos than they deserve I reckon and Goldstein gets too little.

Would the Grundy plaudits come from the fact he pretty much gives them an extra midfielder on the park. Not sure any other ruckmen in the game have that much impact.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:04 am

whufc wrote:
Would the Grundy plaudits come from the fact he pretty much gives them an extra midfielder on the park. Not sure any other ruckmen in the game have that much impact.

Grundy and Gawn are worth every cent, rarely play a bad game, rarely beaten and offer much more around the ground on a consistent basis than any other ruckman in the past decade.

Nic Nat is more athletic and capable of freakish things, his body being able to keep up that athleticism over time has been what keeps him behind the other two IMO, Goldstein for mine runs on pure ticker, he has the talent and gives 100% constantly.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:12 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep, plus he usually wins more hitouts than his opponent. Stynes was similar as that extra half a midfielder he offered.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:54 am

Not likely to happen in my opinion, and, I would imagine a new sponsor could be found quickly given Ports form.

PORT Adelaide would be unlikely to get “100 cents in the dollar” from the rest of its sponsorship deal with joint major partner GFG Alliance if creditors succeed in winding up Sanjeev Gupta’s company.

Gupta is scrambling to refinance his global empire after Citibank, acting on behalf of Credit Suisse, filed a windingup insolvency application for OneSteel Manufacturing.

GFG, which became a joint major partner of the Power in 2019, has vowed to fight the move and yesterday said it had multiple offers of finance to provide the money required to repay creditors.

The GFG logo has graced Port Adelaide’s jumpers since the deal was done, while the sponsorship has resulted in the Power heading to Whyalla for community camps, a pre-season match and other initiatives on Eyre Peninsula.

COVID-19 hit Port Adelaide’s revenue to the tune of $18 million in 2020.

Colin Smith, the managing director of Global Sports and Media, who has advised global and national sporting organisations on a variety of issues, said gaining GFG as a sponsor had been a major coup by Port Adelaide.

“It is a material issue, hopefully it can be resolved,” Smith said yesterday. “(But) if it goes into insolvency, the issue is that any obligations are, in essence, over, which is a challenge for the Port Adelaide Football Club.”

Smith said it was unusual for sponsorship arrangements to have the money paid annually, rather payments were spread across the year.

“If an insolvency event happens, it will be out of their (Port’s) hands,” he said.

“They would have to deal with a receiver manager on that. They would be a creditor to that and it is really dependent on a different owner whether that obligation continues or not.

“Any future (payments) they would be a creditor to the company (if the insolvency bid did succeed). If that happens it is unlikely you are going to get 100 cents in the dollar, so that certainly is a risk.”

Port Adelaide was contacted for comment about how GFG’s sponsorship of the club could be impacted by the recent events.

The Power was forced to increase its debt to $12 million in 2020 because of the financial impacts of COVID-19, and is aiming to pay this off over the next five years.

The club’s financial statements reveal it received a $4.275 million loan from the AFL to assist its continued operations during the pandemic, while the Power also got up to $3.7 million from the Federal Government’s Jobkeeper initiative.

When the deal was announced, Gupta would not be drawn on how much he had agreed to tip into the club.

The magnate stressed at the time that it was personal investment, rather than a corporate sponsorship.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:03 pm

Ladhams out.

Jones in.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Booney wrote:Ladhams out.

Jones in.

Don't mind seeing highly rated kids thrown in against the best
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:28 pm

Marshall missed the captains run, Ladhams will replace him if he doesn't come up with a sore ankle.

Bergman didn't train either, Mayes will be the sub.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Booney wrote:Marshall missed the captains run, Ladhams will replace him if he doesn't come up with a sore ankle.

No chance they play an extra small instead?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:01 pm

Booney wrote:Ladhams out.

Jones in.
Jones looked a fair way off it in the SANFL but I think he is one of those blokes that would thrive in the better comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:10 pm

Booney wrote:Marshall missed the captains run, Ladhams will replace him if he doesn't come up with a sore ankle.

Now im not doubting you but are you 100% Bergman will not play.....this is extremely important to my entire fantasy season.

I'm planning on using him as my loophole this week haha.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:20 pm

whufc wrote:

Now im not doubting you but are you 100% Bergman will not play.....this is extremely important to my entire fantasy season.

Didn't have a game last week, Jones comes in for his debut playing a similar role to Bergman and Bergman didn't do the captains run. Make of that what you will.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:38 pm

whufc wrote:

You are.

Don't question the Oracle on Alberton related intel.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 880 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL