AFL 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL 2021

Postby JK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:38 am

amber_fluid wrote:
beef wrote:
Spargo wrote:
beef wrote:Patton in hospital for mental health. Been bagged on here previously for my opinion on this topic so just leave it at that.

Bagged for standing up for mental health or people f#cking up & using it as an excuse?

Option 2.

Patton isn’t the victim here, mental health issue or not.
IF he has done what is reported he should own up and apologise and learn from it.

Seems that way but hard to say with any certainty - Might have been battling for a while and his mental state could have affected his behaviour? Or it could be the mental health card seems to buy a reprieve from the media and some members of the public. Hard to know from a distance
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

It’s a hard one mate.
I’m not saying we should hang Patton as he needs support as well but he also needs to know he did the wrong thing and own it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:52 am

amber_fluid wrote:It’s a hard one mate.
I’m not saying we should hang Patton as he needs support as well but he also needs to know he did the wrong thing and own it.

Yep fair call. Poor behaviour regardless of reasons is just that and needs to be called out.

Footy can be a cruel gig for the young lads at times, especially the big men. For differing reasons (albeit with some similarities) Patton, Boyd, McCartin, Watts, McCarthy etc (chuck Hogan in I guess) get drafted with the expectation of being the next Wayne Carey and the scrutiny that brings would be seriously tough.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bandit » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Brodlach wrote:You’re correct about Patton but she is not an innocent lass either, can subscribe to her OnlyFans account for only $9.95

Haha i guess he should have paid the money and this would be a non issue.

*side note but why would anyone pay for an onlyfans subscription, im sure you can find photos of a womans ahhh feet? on the internet somewhere.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:16 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Probably a stupid question as I don’t really do social media:
Is it illegal to send photos of this nature to another adult that has your number or some form of contact with you?

I know it’s a stupid thing to do but is it illegal?

This
Who fricken cares
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby am Bays » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Probably a stupid question as I don’t really do social media:
Is it illegal to send photos of this nature to another adult that has your number or some form of contact with you?

I know it’s a stupid thing to do but is it illegal?

This
Who fricken cares

Ahhh no, it is illegal according to the Federal Criminal Code Act 1995.

the use of phone or internet services to menace harass or cause offence [s 474.17].

Now the “sexting” provision are aimed primarily at forwarding of inappropriate material particularly of minors but the broadness of the last clause means you are opening yourself up to potential legal consequences if you start harassing people by phone.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 am

The old fashion way of trying to chat up a bird at Lennies, buying them drinks and then quietly suggesting going “elsewhere” is a much safer way...

No record of the conversation apart from a shirt the next day teaming of alcohol after you’ve had drink poured over you moments before she has escaped back to her safety of her friends....

:( :(
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:38 pm

am Bays wrote:The old fashion way of trying to chat up a bird at Lennies, buying them drinks and then quietly suggesting going “elsewhere” is a much safer way...

No record of the conversation apart from a shirt the next day teaming of alcohol after you’ve had drink poured over you moments before she has escaped back to her safety of her friends....

:( :(

We’ve all been there..................

Lennies I mean ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:53 pm

I see the press today blaming a lingering adductor issue for Dangers pathetic GF performance...cmon
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Sick of these tough draws every year :)

You know we are going to a garbage year when they are even sending us down to the Cattery this year

93 I think was the last time?
We've even played Fitzroy down there since then! :lol:

Probably lost as well. Fitzroy used to shit me.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:02 pm

MW wrote:I see the press today blaming a lingering adductor issue for Dangers pathetic GF performance...cmon

Injured AF. No way would the great man ever play a bad game. Used to play heaps of them in his early days but not now.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:I see the press today blaming a lingering adductor issue for Dangers pathetic GF performance...cmon

Injured AF. No way would the great man ever play a bad game. Used to play heaps of them in his early days but not now.

regards,

REB

Don’t blame West Adelaide for his poor early form
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 am

Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

1950's?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:44 am

Eleni Glouftsis receiving OAM. 31 AFL games umpired. :evil:
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:37 am

goddy11 wrote:Eleni Glouftsis receiving OAM. 31 AFL games umpired. :evil:

I realise she has done a fair bit for women in football but it’s hardly worth a OAM

Gee Booney is nearly 50,000 posts, does he deserve an OAM for services to SA Footy? ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Brodlach wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Eleni Glouftsis receiving OAM. 31 AFL games umpired. :evil:

I realise she has done a fair bit for women in football but it’s hardly worth a OAM

Gee Booney is nearly 50,000 posts, does he deserve an OAM for services to SA Footy? ;)

If an award for what has been done by women in football how about Erin Phillips or Bec Goddard.
Eneni's award was for umpiring. Not even sure if she does anything else like community work.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Her value isn’t in her contribution to Women’s football like the two named above, but that she was a pioneer/trail blazer for women in a male dominated sport, and broke into officiating in a men’s competition.

She’s a leader and a role model for other women to see there is a pathway.

She may not be the best umpire, but you can’t downgrade the significance of what she’s achieved and the potential impact she’s had on other females.

Poor girl cops nothing but criticism and abuse by middle aged men who can’t seem to handle a woman in a mans domain, and all she’s doing is what she’s passionate about, and enjoys.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:Her value isn’t in her contribution to Women’s football like the two named above, but that she was a pioneer/trail blazer for women in a male dominated sport, and broke into officiating in a men’s competition.

She may not be the best umpire, but you can’t downgrade the significance of what she’s achieved and the potential impact she’s had on other females.

Poor girl cops nothing but criticism and abuse by middle aged men who can’t seem to handle a woman in a mans domain, and all she’s doing is what she’s passionate about, and enjoys.
I don’t think that’s the issue at all. She is just a terrible umpire and I’ll call her out just like every other bloke out there that is a shocker. Good on her for taking on the job and hope other women follow suit but if you are shit at your job it shouldn’t matter what sex you are
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:Her value isn’t in her contribution to Women’s football like the two named above, but that she was a pioneer/trail blazer for women in a male dominated sport, and broke into officiating in a men’s competition.

I’m one of the “two named above”, have not been critical of her umpiring even though I fit into the “middle aged men” age group. I just do not think her contribution to football whether she is male or female is worthy of an OAM. I would feel Chelsea Roffy has done more for female umpires in the AFL than Eleni and would be a more deserving of the accolade
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby spell_check » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:44 pm

She was the first woman to umpire an AFL game...1998(ish)

spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL