AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:32 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:No doubt it’s poor and they hate Marvel which is bizarre in itself.

Utterly bizarre. It's two train stops from Richmond. Or a half hour walk for most people.

The MCG and Docklands have to be two of the easiest sporting grounds to get to in the world.

I think it looks crap on TV but a 40k+ crowd at Docklands produces a fantastic atmosphere when you're there.

Never been to Marvel. It looks like a decent venue to me. I've been to every SANFL ground, Optus Oval and Cat Park before they've fixed it up and Marvel has those places covered easy. Who has been there and is it crap? I reckon the coach has had a whine and that has enabled the whole club to roll out the excuses mate for fans and players.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
RB wrote:

Utterly bizarre. It's two train stops from Richmond. Or a half hour walk for most people.

The MCG and Docklands have to be two of the easiest sporting grounds to get to in the world.

I think it looks crap on TV but a 40k+ crowd at Docklands produces a fantastic atmosphere when you're there.

Never been to Marvel. It looks like a decent venue to me. I've been to every SANFL ground, Optus Oval and Cat Park before they've fixed it up and Marvel has those places covered easy. Who has been there and is it crap? I reckon the coach has had a whine and that has enabled the whole club to roll out the excuses mate for fans and players.

regards,

REB
It’s a great venue.
Richmond and Collingwood have always hated it partly because it’s not their home ground and partly because they aren’t sitting in their regular seats
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
RB wrote:

regards,

REB

Sorry REB, how does Marvel have all those grounds you’ve been to covered, if you actually haven’t been there?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:00 am

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Richmond had 2 MCG games with over 50k only 7 weeks ago, ANZAC day drew 78k

There are still plenty of fans going to footy
Home games where entry is free. Big difference.
Not a doubt that Richmond fans don’t turn up to Marvel even in Premiership years but there are many that wouldn’t want to pay
I’ll use my club as an example. We have the Crows this week at Marvel and should get around 22k I’d imagine (still restricted) but if this was a Crows home game at Marvel against us I’d bet no more than 15k attended

Entry is not free for a start, way too many excuses for the club that has won 3 of the last 4 flags and this was only their 2nd Melbourne game in the last 7 weeks.

FWIW North game last weekend drew the biggest crowd of the round.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:11 am

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Richmond had 2 MCG games with over 50k only 7 weeks ago, ANZAC day drew 78k

There are still plenty of fans going to footy
Home games where entry is free. Big difference.
Not a doubt that Richmond fans don’t turn up to Marvel even in Premiership years but there are many that wouldn’t want to pay
I’ll use my club as an example. We have the Crows this week at Marvel and should get around 22k I’d imagine (still restricted) but if this was a Crows home game at Marvel against us I’d bet no more than 15k attended

Entry is not free for a start, way too many excuses for the club that has won 3 of the last 4 flags and this was only their 2nd Melbourne game in the last 7 weeks.

FWIW North game last weekend drew the biggest crowd of the round.
For members with season tickets entry is free and that would make up a fair whack of their attendees to H&A games in Melbourne.
Yes the crowd was absolutely pathetic, I’m just saying there are reasons that keep some away. Doesn’t help when everyone from the President to the players talk Marvel down at every chance they get. Clearly a ploy to get games not scheduled there.

And by North crowd don’t you mean home game of the top side ;)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:34 am

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Booney wrote:I say bullshit to all of that. Bang on about 100,000 members and can't get 10,000 of them to go to a game? Toughen up princess.

Port wouldnt get 500 to a game at Adelaide Oval if it was a Gold Coast home game.
There is a bit to this, if you have paid up members but then asking them to buy tickets for a game, I just think it's pushing it a bit. Yeah sure you will get some fans that go to away games. But say 10k to an away games that's probably ok isn't it?

Wasn't this game meant to be played in Queensland?
So all those fans that are supposedly so rabid, fanatic and loyal don't take the opportunity to see their team an extra time for a reasonably small price and maybe even help push their team to victory by creating a home-game-like atmosphere?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL