AFL Round COVID 19

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round COVID 19

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I think he's referring to the fact the 3 cases that were almost identical to this and didn't get games.
I agree with him, they couldn't treat Buddy any different just because he gets more exposure and heaps of people jump on the suspension train because it's a big name.

Understood, but the AFL make shit up on the run all the time and this was an opportunity to make a stance. It's not the the legal system you're talking about here, it's the AFL.

Yeah but they'll wait till Tom Hawkins or Patrick Dangerfield does it before they set a precedent, we all know that. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I think he's referring to the fact the 3 cases that were almost identical to this and didn't get games.
I agree with him, they couldn't treat Buddy any different just because he gets more exposure and heaps of people jump on the suspension train because it's a big name.

Understood, but the AFL make shit up on the run all the time and this was an opportunity to make a stance. It's not the the legal system you're talking about here, it's the AFL.

Yeah but they'll wait till Tom Hawkins or Patrick Dangerfield does it before they set a precedent, we all know that. ;)
Hawkins would have got 19 games if he did what Buddy did

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:12 am

Wedgie wrote:
Booney wrote:

Then they'd miss out on this years premiership.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 am

When Dermie is the one who calls it you know that player deserves a match.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:23 am

AFL clearly want Buddy to get to the 1000 this year
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:58 am

Armchair expert wrote:AFL clearly want Buddy to get to the 1000 this year

As conspiracy theories go....this isn't a bad one.
Geelong v Sydney grand final. Buddy needs 2 for the 1000.
Gill would be frothing!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am

Gee there's a lot riding on the Port vs GWS clash this week, a win should secure a top 4 finish for Port, possibly a top 3 even with a likely loss to the Bulldogs in round 23, a loss will probably see them finish 6th and a possible elimination final battle at home against the West Coast, and we all know how that usually plays out.

A GWS win almost guarantee's them a finals berth, given their uncanny inconsistency they could do some damage if the finals if they are to fall into them.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Gee there's a lot riding on the Port vs GWS clash this week, a win should secure a top 4 finish for Port, possibly a top 3 even with a likely loss to the Bulldogs in round 23, a loss will probably see them finish 6th and a possible elimination final battle at home against the West Coast, and we all know how that usually plays out.

A GWS win almost guarantee's them a finals berth, given their uncanny inconsistency they could do some damage if the finals if they are to fall into them.

All irrelevant mate, Sydney are winning this years premiership, haven't you watched any of the footy shows?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:27 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Gee there's a lot riding on the Port vs GWS clash this week, a win should secure a top 4 finish for Port, possibly a top 3 even with a likely loss to the Bulldogs in round 23, a loss will probably see them finish 6th and a possible elimination final battle at home against the West Coast, and we all know how that usually plays out.

All irrelevant mate, Sydney are winning this years premiership, haven't you watched any of the footy shows?

I try not to, watching Caro late at night is a wonderful form of contraceptive.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:

I try not to, watching Caro late at night is a wonderful form of contraceptive.

Been fascinating viewing, Caro makes some bold calls about Clarkson / Mitchell and Clarko spends 13 minutes denying it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Been fascinating viewing, Caro makes some bold calls about Clarkson / Mitchell and Clarko spends 13 minutes denying it.

I'll take your word for it mate.

At the end of the day who really cares how that plays out, there's clearly too many chiefs there, Clarko has been the best coach we've seen in the past 15-20 years and there will be some butting of heads going on there, I'm sure he's on a generous packet and will use that as leverage for any other clubs looking for his service, he'd be an idiot to announce that he's looking for a new home.

I'd have him at Alberton in a heartbeat, I'm not sure that even he could do much with some of the other clubs getting about, there should be a few nervous coaches around, I'd say that there only 8 coaches that would feel like their name tag will be on their door in two years time, the rest have some work to do.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:43 pm

Booney wrote:

Awesome.

Haven’t heard anyone say that except we are in the mix.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:47 pm

tigerpie wrote:

Gill would be frothing!

Now im not normally one for conspiracy theories but i think the AFL would rather Buddy finish this season 1 or 2 short so they can program Sydney vs Hawthorn R1 next year
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:

Gill would be frothing!

Now im not normally one for conspiracy theories but i think the AFL would rather Buddy finish this season 1 or 2 short so they can program Sydney vs Hawthorn R1 next year

:lol:
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:08 am

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Previous