Round 23 2021

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:33 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Vs Port is a better match up than Brisbane.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk


Port would be saying the same thing after that shithouse capitulation. In every final we play the oppo will always think they are in it now, no matter how far ahead we get. ******* salty as.

regards,

REB


And let them think that.



The one positive that may come out of this year if it's a failure is Chris Scott won't get another contract beyond the current one.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 52523
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 10472 times
Been liked: 2957 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:34 am

Spargo wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Spargo wrote:What a shit decision

Which one?
Joel Sellwood deliberate not paid
Angus Brayshaw deliberate
50m penalty for punching the ball away

The Brayshaw deliberate was the one.
The 50m penalty paid against Close was correct.


Correct
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27530
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1501 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:47 am

Agreed Geelong lost that game.

You could see in defence and the mids they went away from their structure of one goes one holds to either protect or be an option. They lacked their normal cohesion. They were rushed in their execution around the contest both in ground ball gets and the quick release. They needed to be calmer in getting possession. They panicked in that last qtr.

It’s a relatively easy fix as they’ve been good at it all year. It’s about sorting out the roles in particularly who’s playing the Stewart role of zone off intercept marker a la Lever, Ali.

Geelong s best this year is better than anyone IMO (Melb and Port have legitimate claims too but not to the same extent as Gee).
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17132
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1443 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:49 am

Spargo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Missus not happy, had Danger to get more than 25 in her multi and was the only leg that missed out as he was on the bench for most of the last few minutes, I did warn her not to make possession bets on a game that meant nothing. Women! :roll: :lol:

A game that meant nothing :lol:


Agreed. We just gave our main opponents a massive shot of belief. It's a very even year and Melbourne are almost at full strength. The loss of Stewart and his logical replacement Touhy is massive for us, as is Duncan. It's the survival of the fittest and we've lost troops at a vital time of the season. Melbourne have several players in their prime at the moment while our best players are not. Danger can't run out a full game in the mids and neither can Sel.

We are no chance of winning the flag without Stewart.

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27530
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1501 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:56 am

am Bays wrote:Agreed Geelong lost that game.

You could see in defence and the mids they went away from their structure of one goes one holds to either protect or be an option. They lacked their normal cohesion. They were rushed in their execution around the contest both in ground ball gets and the quick release. They needed to be calmer in getting possession. They panicked in that last qtr.

It’s a relatively easy fix as they’ve been good at it all year. It’s about sorting out the roles in particularly who’s playing the Stewart role of zone off intercept marker a la Lever, Ali.

Geelong s best this year is better than anyone IMO (Melb and Port have legitimate claims too but not to the same extent as Gee).


An interesting take fromBugcat1 on the Cats board

"

* Dahlhaus and at times Close on Lever didn’t really work. He will drag you to a contest and if you can’t compete in the air it’s ineffective. Miers could get flogged like that but at least he’d punish him on the scoreboard.
* Letting Salem run up close to 30 possies was a disaster. He does that Melb win. It’s Melb 101. He must get close attention. Dahl should be on him. Like Whitfield at the Giants which we also did SFA to stop.
* letting the ball live in our backline with the skills we have down there will not work against decent teams. We cannot transition it from D50 to F50 esp without Stewart, Duncan and Touhy involved in the chains. There is only won chance to win this flag and it’s by kicking 13-16 goals in each of the finals. Our Fwd line in our one wood.
* Nothing about the Demons fwd line screams scary to me. So many scrappy goals. They will struggle to kick 80 points even on a good day. Ben Brown, Jackson, Pickett, Fritsch, Sparrow and Spargo would be one of the weakest of a minor premier ever. They do compete hard but it’s hardly scary. They want to hit you on the counter as realistically that’s the only way they score. Turning the ball over around 40-50 out is lethal. The ball must go deeper which we refused to do. They also scored from the centre but that is harder to stop."

The point on Salem is especially true. Scott won't learn and we won't win.

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27530
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1501 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:46 pm

am Bays wrote:Agreed Geelong lost that game.

You could see in defence and the mids they went away from their structure of one goes one holds to either protect or be an option. They lacked their normal cohesion. They were rushed in their execution around the contest both in ground ball gets and the quick release. They needed to be calmer in getting possession. They panicked in that last qtr.

It’s a relatively easy fix as they’ve been good at it all year. It’s about sorting out the roles in particularly who’s playing the Stewart role of zone off intercept marker a la Lever, Ali.

Geelong s best this year is better than anyone IMO (Melb and Port have legitimate claims too but not to the same extent as Gee).


How about the lack of defence with the clear set play kick to Max 15m out, all Cats defenders were back on the line presuming a long shot on goal, brilliant coaching by the Dees.
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42691
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1897 times
Been liked: 2901 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Lol, we have made the finals!
Now for the hard part
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45260
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Well Freo didn't want to play finals, congrats Essendon!
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 48934
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1646 times
Been liked: 3469 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Jim05 wrote:Lol, we have made the finals!
Now for the hard part

Wonder if the players know or if they've been kept in the dark
cracka
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am
Has liked: 441 times
Been liked: 500 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:43 pm

cracka wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Lol, we have made the finals!
Now for the hard part

Wonder if the players know or if they've been kept in the dark
They know

Sarah is absolutely beaming that we are in, can’t wipe the smile off her face
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45260
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby RB » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Two finals to be played in Tassie next week according to the hack journalist who just appeared on Ch. 7.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 600 times
Been liked: 841 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Worst we’ve played in 3 months.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14312
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4592 times
Been liked: 4462 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:27 pm

RB wrote:Two finals to be played in Tassie next week according to the hack journalist who just appeared on Ch. 7.
Yep, AFL are utter cowards. Can’t play in Victoria because they want crowds but we can play at a tin pot piece of garbage stadium in Tasmania when bigger grounds are available and would sell out
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45260
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:58 pm

I thought North had a brighter future than the Crows. From the bits I’ve seen North have been woeful
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45260
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Spargo wrote:Worst we’ve played in 3 months.

I think you’re in 2022 season mode already

Can’t get off the bottom, young players in another ****** up season, Injuries

Get in get out get on the turps
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 17132
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 1443 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:Two finals to be played in Tassie next week according to the hack journalist who just appeared on Ch. 7.
Yep, AFL are utter cowards. Can’t play in Victoria because they want crowds but we can play at a tin pot piece of garbage stadium in Tasmania when bigger grounds are available and would sell out

Id be happy if i was you, you had massive support down there when you played Hawthorn and you won. Bulldogs were there only last week and couldnt beat Hawks, youre a shoe in
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11142
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 2272 times
Been liked: 1569 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:Two finals to be played in Tassie next week according to the hack journalist who just appeared on Ch. 7.
Yep, AFL are utter cowards. Can’t play in Victoria because they want crowds but we can play at a tin pot piece of garbage stadium in Tasmania when bigger grounds are available and would sell out

Id be happy if i was you, you had massive support down there when you played Hawthorn and you won. Bulldogs were there only last week and couldnt beat Hawks, youre a shoe in
I’m happy because it will be like a home ground but the place is a dump of a ground and I can’t get the 3 days off to go down there :)
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 45260
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1116 times
Been liked: 3162 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Booney » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Good win by Adelaide without Walker and Fogarty out there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby mots02 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:45 pm

Booney wrote:Good win by Adelaide without Walker and Fogarty out there.


Cheers, agreed, a solid win with a few missing.

Likewise hopefully Port can get Dixon back out there for the finals after having a few weeks off.
User avatar
mots02
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 659 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: Round 23 2021

Postby Booney » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:19 pm

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:Good win by Adelaide without Walker and Fogarty out there.


Cheers, agreed, a solid win with a few missing.

Likewise hopefully Port can get Dixon back out there for the finals after having a few weeks off.


28 goals since the bye and leads the competition for contested marks.

Dixon that is, not Adelaide.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests