2021 Finals Round 1

Talk on the national game

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Good leaders don't keep doing stupid shit.

I think Wedgie has copped enough for his Friday night antics.

When are we going to get the rundown?? LOL

No fisticuffs, no pushing, just a few words and two beers exchanged. A Port bloke in the Geelong Bay had already been warned a couple of times, even his friends who had bought his ticket were embarrassed (they apologised to us earlier explaining they had to buy his ticket as he was unemployed and wished they hadn't).
Cops were fine with me, they just didn't want me going back into the Oval as it might incite a riot the way I exitted and were fine to let me go when I told them I'd just head over to the Strath to wait for my missus. They did laugh when I got my Responsible Persons card out of my wallet.
Don't know what happened to the other guy but he didn't appear to be getting released as quickly/easy as me. At least I did the people in the area a service in getting rid of him as he was pissing off a lot of people.
I wasn't banned, fined or anything, will be back there for the SANFL finals.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tigerpie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No fisticuffs, no pushing, just a few words and two beers exchanged. A Port bloke in the Geelong Bay had already been warned a couple of times, even his friends who had bought his ticket were embarrassed (they apologised to us earlier explaining they had to buy his ticket as he was unemployed and wished they hadn't).
Cops were fine with me, they just didn't want me going back into the Oval as it might incite a riot the way I exitted and were fine to let me go when I told them I'd just head over to the Strath to wait for my missus. They did laugh when I got my Responsible Persons card out of my wallet.
Don't know what happened to the other guy but he didn't appear to be getting released as quickly/easy as me. At least I did the people in the area a service in getting rid of him as he was pissing off a lot of people.

All in all a good outcome.
We'll have to run a book on how long you'll last next time Port v Cats.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Were you in bay 133ish? (eastern stand, southern end?).

I saw a lot of fluros flood that area in the third qtr.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Toby Greene Lotto: 3 for mine.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Trader wrote:Were you in bay 133ish? (eastern stand, southern end?).

I saw a lot of fluros flood that area in the third qtr.

Yeah, Bay 131, on the 50m line.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well that narrows it down to about 15,000 in attendance
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby MW » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Hawks didnt miss LOL
Attachments
240947753_574092927054998_3611478902234720863_n.jpg
240947753_574092927054998_3611478902234720863_n.jpg (251.85 KiB) Viewed 617 times
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Wedgie wrote:No fisticuffs, no pushing, just a few words and two beers exchanged. A Port bloke in the Geelong Bay had already been warned a couple of times, even his friends who had bought his ticket were embarrassed (they apologised to us earlier explaining they had to buy his ticket as he was unemployed and wished they hadn't).

So you were removed for throwing a beer on him, despite him apparently being warned a couple times prior for behavior? If this was the case, why did you cop so much grief from the supporters when being removed?

Surely if he was the goose you make him out to be, then the police wouldn't have had fear of you inciting a riot on your return?

Also dont understand the relevance or need to point out his employment status, or your need to whip out your RA card for the cops.

Love how you think you did everyone a service by having him removed, like you're some sort of anti-hero. :roll:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wedgie wrote:No fisticuffs, no pushing, just a few words and two beers exchanged. A Port bloke in the Geelong Bay had already been warned a couple of times, even his friends who had bought his ticket were embarrassed (they apologised to us earlier explaining they had to buy his ticket as he was unemployed and wished they hadn't).

So you were removed for throwing a beer on him, despite him apparently being warned a couple times prior for behavior? If this was the case, why did you cop so much grief from the supporters when being removed?

Surely if he was the goose you make him out to be, then the police wouldn't have had fear of you inciting a riot on your return?

Also dont understand the relevance or need to point out his employment status, or your need to whip out your RA card for the cops.

Love how you think you did everyone a service by having him removed, like you're some sort of anti-hero. :roll:

At a guess he (Wedgie) was a hero to the geelong supporters in bay 131.
Wedgie, copped grief from the Port Supporters in adjacent bays seeing a big goose in geelong apparel being removed by the cops.

RA card was probably just needing to show the cops some ID for their report.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:49 pm

Every time Geelong play Port @ AO, you can almost guarantee he comes on here and brags about the treatment he gives PA supporters.. sounds like Karma came around.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Yeah Trader's spot on, the people in the Port bay didn't have a clue what had happened, they just saw us getting kicked out so had a spray at me since I was wearing my 119 guernsey and Port were already home at that stage.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Wedgie wrote:Yeah Trader's spot on, the people in the Port bay didn't have a clue what had happened, they just saw us getting kicked out so had a spray at me since I was wearing my 119 guernsey and Port were already home at that stage.

I would've given you a spray too. 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:Every time Geelong play Port @ AO, you can almost guarantee he comes on here and brags about the treatment he gives PA supporters.. sounds like Karma came around.

Port supporters are normally pretty good, haven't had an incident yet at AO and have sat in shared bays several times. Usually have a good laugh with Port supporters, even spent an entire day in their club rooms wearing opposition colours earlier this year. Had more issues with Crows supporters to tell the truth.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:55 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Yeah Trader's spot on, the people in the Port bay didn't have a clue what had happened, they just saw us getting kicked out so had a spray at me since I was wearing my 119 guernsey and Port were already home at that stage.

I would have if I was you too! I was fair game! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Wedgie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

I would have if I was you too! I was fair game! :lol:

Nah i wouldn't, truth is I've never engaged in that sort of stuff - content just sitting watching the game.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:03 pm

Hard to believe that a Geelong guernsey with 119 on the back would draw negative attention your way. I couldn't see that coming.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm

Booney wrote:Hard to believe that a Geelong guernsey with 119 on the back would draw negative attention your way. I couldn't see that coming.

I know, right?
Last two games against Port I only got positive feedback at the game! :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:31 pm

Greene hearing 9am tomorrow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:09 am

Greene pleads Not guilty to making intentional contact.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:10 am

Booney wrote:Greene pleads Not guilty to making intentional contact.

Stevic made a statement that it was minimal contact and he didn't feel threatened. This prick will get off.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 885 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL