AFLW 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Bum Crack » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:14 pm

I thought I'd watch two games after expressing my uneducated opinion Friday and geez it was good. I was so wrong. Please accept my apology. In all seriousness though. I'm not anti women's football, I just think they should learn how to play first before it gets put on TV because it's horrible to watch.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Vamos » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Bum Crack wrote:I thought I'd watch two games after expressing my uneducated opinion Friday and geez it was good. I was so wrong. Please accept my apology. In all seriousness though. I'm not anti women's football, I just think they should learn how to play first before it gets put on TV because it's horrible to watch.

Without TV it probably wouldn't exist.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:05 am

Vamos wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:I thought I'd watch two games after expressing my uneducated opinion Friday and geez it was good. I was so wrong. Please accept my apology. In all seriousness though. I'm not anti women's football, I just think they should learn how to play first before it gets put on TV because it's horrible to watch.

Imagine if they said we're doing a 5 year program before it started So that's 10 years ago. Still advertise it, promote it but let the girls around Australia work hard on their skills learn how to play first. There's lots of people who don't like it. It's not because it's women, it's because it's shit to watch. Then u cop shit for saying that you don't like it. Go Cats!!!!
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Vamos » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:58 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Imagine if they said we're doing a 5 year program before it started So that's 10 years ago. Still advertise it, promote it but let the girls around Australia work hard on their skills learn how to play first. There's lots of people who don't like it. It's not because it's women, it's because it's shit to watch. Then u cop shit for saying that you don't like it. Go Cats!!!!

Not as if they plucked this concept from mid-air, there's been womens state comps for many years before AFLW, as well as a few years of Dees v Dogs exhibition games. You can’t compare Neighbours with Breaking Bad, you need to compare it with Home & Away :D
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:56 pm

Sweet Geezus, I just saw the crowd at Kardinia Park today! Awesome atmosphere!
:shock:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:46 pm

Wedgie wrote:Sweet Geezus, I just saw the crowd at Kardinia Park today! Awesome atmosphere!

Nice try

My fan club on SAFooty is bigger

Microphones were turned up though
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:Sweet Geezus, I just saw the crowd at Kardinia Park today! Awesome atmosphere!

It's bloody Soccer though. With a 1-4-5 formation. Shocking.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:17 pm

am Bays wrote:

Nice try

My fan club on SAFooty is bigger

Microphones were turned up though

There was more than one person there. ;)
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:43 pm

That’s has to be Darcy Brinn-Jones (sp) in #2 for the Port AFLW team?

Emma umpiring is easy at Alberton just go the opposite of the crowd, they have no idea
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby mots02 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:14 pm

The major positive about the AFLW is that it’s given us a new opportunity to watch Port get beaten at Alberton - always enjoyable.

The Alberton crowd is still highly knowledgeable on the rules
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Brodlach » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:23 pm

mots02 wrote:The major positive about the AFLW is that it’s given us a new opportunity to watch Port get beaten at Alberton - always enjoyable.

:lol: :lol:

Booing was elite
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby am Bays » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:27 pm

Brodlach wrote:
mots02 wrote:The major positive about the AFLW is that it’s given us a new opportunity to watch Port get beaten at Alberton - always enjoyable.

:lol: :lol:

Booing was elite

Never let let it said the Alberton crowd is sexist, they’re equally ignorant of the laws of the game of Australian Football for their mens and womens teams! You’d think after 140 odd years at Alberton they’d have a clue by now!
am Bays
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:00 pm

am Bays wrote:That’s has to be Darcy Brinn-Jones (sp) in #2 for the Port AFLW team?

Emma umpiring is easy at Alberton just go the opposite of the crowd, they have no idea

Haha was at the game with the family, the #2 I was calling DBJ :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:37 am

Whatever floats your boat you tard, but at the the end of the the day you were watching chicks footy while the rest of us with friends were watching the nit and gritty you soft ****. Real men stuff, get your crow trackies on mavis
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby mots02 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:38 am

Vamos wrote:

Whatever floats your boat you tard, but at the the end of the the day you were watching chicks footy while the rest of us with friends were watching the nit and gritty you soft ****. Real men stuff, get your crow trackies on mavis

Big day young fella?

Btw - what’s the nit and gritty and where can I watch that to become a real man?
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Vamos » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:46 am

mots02 wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Big day young fella?

Btw - what’s the nit and gritty and where can I watch that to become a real man?

I guess it's too late to delete that post :ymblushing:
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Spargo » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:56 am

Mavis :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5118 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:12 am

Spargo wrote:Mavis :lol:

Mavis02, thanks. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:16 am

Was a bloody good day at Alberton, seeing so many kids, little girls in particular, there's no doubt the game is getting new people involved.

Some early showers made it a bit uncomfortable in the outer and the shocking injury further dampened the atmosphere, the Bulldogs girls came out strong after half time and put the game to bed.

Port need some continuity across half forward, might need to find another key forward as Houghton competes and offers a presence but has little support in the air across the middle of the ground.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:39 am

Booney wrote:Was a bloody good day at Alberton, seeing so many kids, little girls in particular, there's no doubt the game is getting new people involved.

Some early showers made it a bit uncomfortable in the outer and the shocking injury further dampened the atmosphere, the Bulldogs girls came out strong after half time and put the game to bed.

Port need some continuity across half forward, might need to find another key forward as Houghton competes and offers a presence but has little support in the air across the middle of the ground.

We went Saturday, kids loved it - lost them for half the game in the kids zone. Great crowd, good atmosphere for the most part.

Agree the injury sapped a lot of the energy out of the place. Port definitely lacked another forward target - seemed to get the ball forward well enough at times, but had nothing to kick to because Houghton had pushed up, so the kick was generally long to grass and the Bulldogs defence were up to task, and worked it out with speed.

3rd quarter, Port seemed to have all the run, just couldn't convert (Phillips hit the post then failed to make distance on set shot), and then closing on the end of the term 'Dogs scored on the kill the Port drive.

I know a lot of talk about skill is negative, but watching live, when under lesser pressure, the foot skills of most is pretty good. Ballard at Fullback was really good, Ewings looks a gun, and i'm a huge fan of O'Dea - bit to like about her.

The game struggles in congestion though - and my theory is, they've come into the game at a time that is over-analyzed, structured and coached. The press and zone like the men, they work hard two ways, and they're generally strong at sticking tackles and applying frontal pressure on the ball carrier. In a nutshell, they've been developed defensively to stop opposition scoring - and it shows.

If AFLW was played under the same conditions as AFL circa 1993, i think you'd see a far different spectacle. None the less, was a winner for our family.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL