AFLW 2022

Talk on the national game

AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:11 pm

AFLW 2022
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Spargo » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Well said.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14312
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4592 times
Been liked: 4462 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Watched my first full game last night, Richmond v St Kilda, as stated in previous thread I certainly didn’t hate it, but certainly hated listening to Kelli Underwood.

Watched a bit of the Roos v Cats game, wasn’t as good as last nights game.

I’ve been including AFLW games in my multis so I need some sort of idea.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:10 pm

This thread/topic is going off……………
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11241
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1942 times
Been liked: 2145 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:25 pm

amber_fluid wrote:This thread/topic is going off……………



Do you still get called a dinosaur, sexist, pig etc etc for posts like that?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:27 pm

carey wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:This thread/topic is going off……………



Do you still get called a dinosaur, sexist, pig etc etc for posts like that?


:lol:
Yeah but only by other dinosaurs so it’s all good!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11241
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1942 times
Been liked: 2145 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Tough game of footy today, girls having a real dip


Better commentary team too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:09 pm

Brodlach wrote:Tough game of footy today, girls having a real dip


Better commentary team too



Much better commentary team, but jezz this is a seriously scrappy one, I guess the heat won’t help.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:14 pm

Skills are better (marking and kicking) but they just panic too much when they have the ball
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:47 pm

Sarah Allan is the female version of Ben Hart
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:16 pm

Despite kicking the first goal early, we looked pretty ordinary from forward of half forward. Collingwood looked more balanced across the ground without maybe having the stars in the midfield that we did. And the ball came out of the forward line way too easily. We lacked forward pressure. Unfortunately it looks like the women's team is mimicking the mens!
User avatar
gadj1976
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8237
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sleeping on a park bench outside Princes Park
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 620 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:32 pm

gadj1976 wrote:Despite kicking the first goal early, we looked pretty ordinary from forward of half forward. Collingwood looked more balanced across the ground without maybe having the stars in the midfield that we did. And the ball came out of the forward line way too easily. We lacked forward pressure. Unfortunately it looks like the women's team is mimicking the mens!



And far to focused on looking for Darcy. Thought for long periods of the game you looked a better side.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:22 am

It's still as shit as it has always been. Watched 5 minutes of it Friday night and that was enough for me. Absolute shite.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach
 
Posts: 7705
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Here
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 828 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:02 pm

carey wrote:Watched my first full game last night, Richmond v St Kilda, as stated in previous thread I certainly didn’t hate it, but certainly hated listening to Kelli Underwood.

Watched a bit of the Roos v Cats game, wasn’t as good as last nights game.

I’ve been including AFLW games in my multis so I need some sort of idea.


The Catters aren't a strong side in the W league so a good effort to bridge what was an eight goal gap between the sides in one season. We are on the way up and should account for newbies but won't worry the big girls.

regards,

REB
Piglet Shield Premiers 2013 2021 -Join the Hogg Group code: 623573
User avatar
Rik E Boy
Coach
 
 
Posts: 27530
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: The Switch
Has liked: 1501 times
Been liked: 1678 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby mal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm

I dont mind watching the girls playing
I did go to a game at Richmond Oval when Adelaide played Carlton a while ago
The thing i noticed was lots of young people , including lots of young ladies at that game



Anything that brings different people to any sport is worthwhile
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23881
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 532 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 pm

mal wrote:I dont mind watching the girls playing
I did go to a game at Richmond Oval when Adelaide played Carlton a while ago
The thing i noticed was lots of young people , including lots of young ladies at that game



Anything that brings different people to any sport is worthwhile

You like buses?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby mal » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mal wrote:I dont mind watching the girls playing
I did go to a game at Richmond Oval when Adelaide played Carlton a while ago
The thing i noticed was lots of young people , including lots of young ladies at that game



Anything that brings different people to any sport is worthwhile

You like busTs?


Edited for accuracy ....
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23881
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 532 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:50 pm

mal wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:You like busTs?


Edited for accuracy ....

MALCOLM, behave yourself!!!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47851
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3918 times
Been liked: 6932 times

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby mots02 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:41 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mal wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:You like busey?


Edited for accuracy ....

MALCOLM, behave yourself!!!!


Edited again for accuracy

Image
User avatar
mots02
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm
Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 659 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: AFLW 2022

Postby carey » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Watching Richmond v Melbourne with my 6 year old daughter.

Daughter sees Paxman from Melbourne ‘Dad how come the blue team have a boy playing’, they don’t sweetheart. ‘Yes they do look, number 4’ no sweetheart she just has a haircut like a boy, ‘Dad, that’s a boy’ I just changed the channel. Lol #-O
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2541 times
Been liked: 2660 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Next

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests