Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: 2022 AFL Season

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 pm

carey wrote:
am Bays wrote:D Jarman > S Edwards > R Grey

All IMO, all exceptional footballers

Edwards exceptional is a huge call.

I think he was squatting under a bridge.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm

carey wrote:
am Bays wrote:D Jarman > S Edwards > R Grey

All IMO, all exceptional footballers

Edwards exceptional is a huge call.

Highly underrated in their premiership years

2x 3rd place finishes in the Norm Smith

his kicks inside 50 were elite
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:29 pm

Only exist to wear prison bars
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:32 pm

Clarkson in Adelaide today to speak to Port?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Brodlach wrote:Clarkson in Adelaide today to speak to Port?

Visiting a sick mate.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:41 pm

Booney wrote:

Visiting a sick mate.

Fair enough
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Booney wrote:

Visiting a sick mate.

Is the mate sick of Hinkley? :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Visiting a sick mate.

Is the mate sick of Hinkley? :D

Tony Boffa off the Power page.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:44 pm

probably checking out the property he purchased at Glenelg ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby saintal » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:17 pm

Dan Hannebery calling time on his 14 year career. He'll play his final match v Sydney this Sunday. 224 games to date, 16 of which have been with St Kilda during the past 4 injury cruelled seasons..

Would have preferred the club get some experience into a kid on Sunday instead. Maybe the opposition team will carry him off?!
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm

I don't think the Saints have said he will definitely play but 16 games is about 284 short for a send off game. A player who defied medical advice and instruction.

On 800K per season. St Kilda the winner with him gone. There is always a reason why a club is willing to let a player like him go.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 pm

saintal wrote:Dan Hannebery calling time on his 14 year career. He'll play his final match v Sydney this Sunday. 224 games to date, 16 of which have been with St Kilda during the past 4 injury cruelled seasons..

Would have preferred the club get some experience into a kid on Sunday instead. Maybe the opposition team will carry him off?!

I know saints fans aren’t a fan of this bloke. But as a swan I absolutely rated this bloke so highly. His performance in the 2012 grand final and his mark in the first quarter set the tone on how we played that day. I am going to say this without sounding like a sook (I will totally sound like a sook) but he wasn’t the same since he was robbed a free kick and got his knee injured and gave the dogs the flag.

In all seriousness I think between 2012-16 him, kennedy and Parker were an elite midfield. Shame it didn’t end the way he wanted to but I hope he has all the success in retirement
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 pm

DOC wrote:I don't think the Saints have said he will definitely play but 16 games is about 284 short for a send off game. A player who defied medical advice and instruction.

On 800K per season. St Kilda the winner with him gone. There is always a reason why a club is willing to let a player like him go.

Named on ground.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby saintal » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
saintal wrote:Dan Hannebery calling time on his 14 year career. He'll play his final match v Sydney this Sunday. 224 games to date, 16 of which have been with St Kilda during the past 4 injury cruelled seasons..

I know saints fans aren’t a fan of this bloke. But as a swan I absolutely rated this bloke so highly. His performance in the 2012 grand final and his mark in the first quarter set the tone on how we played that day. I am going to say this without sounding like a sook (I will totally sound like a sook) but he wasn’t the same since he was robbed a free kick and got his knee injured and gave the dogs the flag.

In all seriousness I think between 2012-16 him, kennedy and Parker were an elite midfield. Shame it didn’t end the way he wanted to but I hope he has all the success in retirement

It's nothing personal against Dan as such, moreso the inept club for offering him a contract of that nature/magnitude given the circumstances at the time. Cant blame Dan for signing it either. As you outlined, was a seriously good player during his Swans days.

Just would have preferred somebody else get a run this week in what is essentially a dead rubber for the club, but wont lose sleep over it. We have recent form in this area though, gifting Sam Rowe his one and only club appearance in the 2019 season finale.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

Yep, in his prime he was great to watch, he had many strings to his bow, he could tackle, mark, kick goals and find the ball when he chose to, I rated him highly.

He was a huge gamble for the Saints, they win some and they lose some, it's in their DNA, I can see why Saints fans feel ripped off, they brought a Merc with a f***** engine, trans and no exhaust.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:51 am

Yeah I like to have some fun on here sometimes on here and post sh!te, bit of banter never hurt anyone.

In all honesty a good pick up for North with Clarkson. Will eb interesting to see how they develop over the next three years.

Essendon though, their members can feel pretty dirty towards their board. What is their vision? It appears as if they could've had Clarkson if they acted earlier but it seems as if they're still living off the past glories of 20 years ago and over rating their importance in the wider AFL scheme of things.

They are one of the big traditional big four - along with Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond but past glories count for nothing as Carlton have demonstrated.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:07 am

am Bays wrote:Yeah I like to have some fun on here sometimes on here and post sh!te, bit of banter never hurt anyone.

In all honesty a good pick up for North with Clarkson. Will eb interesting to see how they develop over the next three years.

Essendon though, their members can feel pretty dirty towards their board. What is their vision? It appears as if they could've had Clarkson if they acted earlier but it seems as if they're still living off the past glories of 20 years ago and over rating their importance in the wider AFL scheme of things.

They are one of the big traditional big four - along with Carlton, Collingwood and Richmond but past glories count for nothing as Carlton have demonstrated.
Clarko isn’t the silver bullet everyone thinks.
When you have a dysfunctional board it doesn’t matter who the coach is.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:15 am

Jim05 wrote:Clarko isn’t the silver bullet everyone thinks.

i get that, more than just a good coach makes a successful footy club

My point is about as you say the dysfunctional board that doesn't understand it current place in the footy landscape or what it what it's vision/plan is to be back as a powerhouse.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

2022 AFL Season

Postby Jim05 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:22 am

am Bays wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Clarko isn’t the silver bullet everyone thinks.

i get that, more than just a good coach makes a successful footy club

My point is about as you say the dysfunctional board that doesn't understand it current place in the footy landscape or what it what it's vision/plan is to be back as a powerhouse.
Club is ran be bean counters with no footy sense. As long as the record memberships keep coming in and the till keeps clicking they will be happy.
The ones who are invested in footy are more concerned with getting the AFLW program up and running and that has taken a mountain of time and work so they have completely dropped the ball on the mens program
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL