Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Vamos » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:22 pm

am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:
DOC wrote:
am Bays wrote:Are the free kicks Elani’s fault this week or Essendon still just 2nd to the ball….

Perhaps round 5 thread?

To be fair, Port is always on his mind, Port is always on his mind. Hey sing that in your best Elvis voice :lol:

:lol:

yeah my bad, wrong thread :oops: :oops:

Hey taking the wrong option, sort of a metaphor for Port this season, hey ;)

Yeah can't argue with that, nice edit ;)
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:if youre not prepared to put up what you think the crowd will be then STFU

Hit a nerve there little guy :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby am Bays » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 pm

Vamos wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Vamos wrote:
DOC wrote:
Perhaps round 5 thread?

To be fair, Port is always on his mind, Port is always on his mind. Hey sing that in your best Elvis voice :lol:

:lol:

yeah my bad, wrong thread :oops: :oops:

Hey taking the wrong option, sort of a metaphor for Port this season, hey ;)

Yeah can't argue with that, nice edit ;)

Thanks,
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:47 am

Happy Easter to all
Attachments
AF5267CB-4EF9-4AED-A5DE-370F05D69F88.jpeg
AF5267CB-4EF9-4AED-A5DE-370F05D69F88.jpeg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 719 times
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:56 am

One things for sure, we've hit the bottom and churned up the scum.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:10 am

Booney wrote:One things for sure, we've hit the bottom and churned up the scum.

It's only itchy if you scratch it mate, genuine bottom feeder.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:27 am

Booney wrote:One things for sure, we've hit the bottom and churned up the scum.

A couple of barnacles have attached themselves to the wharf pylons.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Ronnie » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:30 am

I know Port are under the pump but the practice of playing injured players is not helping one bit this season. Ken seems to think it won't matter but they do get found out.
The latest is Aliir Aliir who looked restricted/hampered on the weekend and it didn't help him when trying to counter Curnow in that last marking contest.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Trader » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:if youre not prepared to put up what you think the crowd will be then STFU

I want to retain my posting privileges, therefore, here's a really well considered guess:

Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Trader wrote:

I want to retain my posting privileges, therefore, here's a really well considered guess:

Good guess for mine.

Wonder what UK / His other log in think of Hawks v Cats crowd?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:14 pm

Is Port really travelling as bad as 0-5 looks?

Round 1 pushed Brisbane, copped fair few injuries and dropped a lead to lose by 11 points.
Round 2 got smacked up pretty bad by a Hawks side that have now won 3/5 and claimed the scalp of Geelong as well
Round 3 lost after the siren to the Crows despite dominating scoring shots. Crows then did a number on Richmond on the weekend, and two of their losses less than a goal.. perhaps they're better than they get credit for.
Round 4 struggled against Melbourne, still had 16 scoring shots and kept them to only 10 goals for the match - their lowest score for the seaosn.
Round 5 fought back from a 50 point deficit, had a chance to win, once again forward craft cost them against a youthful Carlton side who have now won 4/5.

Obviously all sides cop injuries, but the absence of Dixon has hurt, Lycett and Wines out on the weekend was very noticeable, and definitely missing McKenzie.

On another note, I know I haven't been his biggest fan, but how long can Marshall continue to get a game? For a key forward he's kicked 6 goals this year - 5 against the Crows.. He struggles to take contested marks, looks soft as butter, and gets smacked as a chop out ruck.

Finlayson was terrible on the weekend as well - who drops uncontested chest marks FFS?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby MW » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:Is Port really travelling as bad as 0-5 looks?

Yes
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:19 pm

Round 1 pushed Brisbane, copped fair few injuries and dropped a lead to lose by 11 points.
Round 2 got smacked up pretty bad by a Hawks side that have now won 3/5 and claimed the scalp of Geelong as well
Round 3 lost after the siren to the Crows despite dominating scoring shots. Crows then did a number on Richmond on the weekend, and two of their losses less than a goal.. perhaps they're better than they get credit for.
Round 4 struggled against Melbourne, still had 16 scoring shots and kept them to only 10 goals for the match - their lowest score for the seaosn.
Round 5 fought back from a 50 point deficit, had a chance to win, once again forward craft cost them against a youthful Carlton side who have now won 4/5.

Obviously all sides cop injuries, but the absence of Dixon has hurt, Lycett and Wines out on the weekend was very noticeable, and definitely missing McKenzie.

On another note, I know I haven't been his biggest fan, but how long can Marshall continue to get a game? For a key forward he's kicked 6 goals this year - 5 against the Crows.. He struggles to take contested marks, looks soft as butter, and gets smacked as a chop out ruck.

Finlayson was terrible on the weekend as well - who drops uncontested chest marks FFS?

Sunday provided some hope moving forward, at least we had some ticker.

The Hawthorn and Crows losses were hard to swallow, the rest are par scores.

I'm not sure on your hate for Marshall, every team needs a non-scoring stay at home tall forward don't they?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Your right in that its not as bad it looks but I would say its the overall situation that is the level of concern.

When was the last time a preliminary finalist started the following year 0-5, and how often has it happened.

Throw in the common thought they are coming to the 'end of their window' and the question marks already hanging over Hinkley.

Lets be honest if they go on to finish an admiral 6th-8th its still a far cry from what their 'realistic goal' of winning the flag. Yeah I know only one team can win it etc but truth be told only 3-4 teams a year are genuinely a chance so when you are one of them and don't win it the hurt is greater.

The Port premiership dream for their fans has pretty much been dashed inside the first five weeks.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm not sure on your hate for Marshall, every team needs a non-scoring stay at home tall forward don't they?

Marshall doesn't fill me with any hope when he's in the contest.

Every team's key forward seems to be big, strong, able to take a contested mark - Marshall is like a tall Motlop.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mots02 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'm not sure on your hate for Marshall, every team needs a non-scoring stay at home tall forward don't they?

Every team's key forward seems to be big, strong, able to take a contested mark - Marshall is like a tall Motlop.

Wow, i've heard and read some brutal reviews on Todd.... but that one is savage! :twisted:
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Hasn't Gollant whacked like 11kgs on since getting to the crows? Marshall gets ragdolled by everyone, even worse when he has a sting in the ruck, if Maxy is shoving you far enough away to be able to grab the ball and enough time to kick it effectively you are in a bit of strife.

How did young Hayes go? I was at a family thingo and everyone started piling in the lounge room as Port were mounting a comeback, I went in once and Carlton kicked a goal immediately so everyone told me to go back outside.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:How did young Hayes go? I was at a family thingo and everyone started piling in the lounge room as Port were mounting a comeback, I went in once and Carlton kicked a goal immediately so everyone told me to go back outside.

Hayes tap work was exceptional I thought, has good touch, but as was pointed out, he gassed badly during the game, lacks the aerobic tank at the moment which meant Marshall, Finlayson and Powell-Pepper had stints in the ruck - and all three sucked (well SPP prob the best of the lot lol).

Lot of upside to Hayes but need a first choice ruck to support him.. although Booney's review may see things differently.. surely that's due soon? :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:How did young Hayes go? I was at a family thingo and everyone started piling in the lounge room as Port were mounting a comeback, I went in once and Carlton kicked a goal immediately so everyone told me to go back outside.

Hayes tap work was exceptional I thought, has good touch, but as was pointed out, he gassed badly during the game, lacks the aerobic tank at the moment which meant Marshall, Finlayson and Powell-Pepper had stints in the ruck - and all three sucked (well SPP prob the best of the lot lol).

Lot of upside to Hayes but need a first choice ruck to support him.. although Booney's review may see things differently.. surely that's due soon? :D

Unless your a superstar ruckmen I question the value that their adding.

We saw during Richmonds reign of premierships their ability to use tall midfield types as a second ruckmen with success.

We saw both Silvagni and SPP do pretty decent jobs and in Silvagni case actually contribute significantly.

At ruck contest around the ground we are seeing the likes of Hawkins and Walker dominate and end up being clearance/goal scoring threats.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:48 pm

whufc wrote:Unless your a superstar ruckmen I question the value that their adding.

We saw during Richmonds reign of premierships their ability to use tall midfield types as a second ruckmen with success.

We saw both Silvagni and SPP do pretty decent jobs and in Silvagni case actually contribute significantly.

At ruck contest around the ground we are seeing the likes of Hawkins and Walker dominate and end up being clearance/goal scoring threats.

Yesterday's Hawks v Cats game shows the value - someone who can offer first use to your midfield, be an extra tall around the ground taking intercept marks etc.

Silvagni contributed significantly because he didn't have to ruck against an actual ruckman half the time.

Hawkins / Walker etc are big and strong enough to be able to throw their weight around inside F50 - also allows the ruck to plant themselves down the line in the defensive press.

I'd argue a good ruckman is one of the most important pieces to a side.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL