Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:27 pm

Is it just a number-based reference........

24. Kane 'Kobe' Farrell......................i guess he has good range in his kicking similar to Kobe from the outside

6. Jason 'Lebron' Horne Francis..................both number 1 draft picks so reckon Koche has nailed that one.

Is never tear us apart on the outer now replaced by......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv5xonFSC4c

Not a bad tune tbh.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Pressure is obviously on Kochie, he is into his 12 season as boss, surely it's time to hand it over soon?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:Pressure is obviously on Kochie, he is into his 12 season as boss, surely it's time to hand it over soon?

There is no real KPI's on such a role IMO. Why would they change? I know it would be the only way we could see the arse end of Kenny.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:It is funny but hardly rates a thought in my mind

It's alright for you mate, us idiots have to put up with the payouts for the next however long.

Why do they bother with the Don King like comments, just more added pressure from the hierarchy.

It backfires every bloody time.

Imagine the posts if someone from Adelaide had said it
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:It is funny but hardly rates a thought in my mind

It's alright for you mate, us idiots have to put up with the payouts for the next however long.

Why do they bother with the Don King like comments, just more added pressure from the hierarchy.

It backfires every bloody time.

Imagine the posts if someone from Adelaide had said it

Just be thankful only us do this kind of shit.....................and at least you'll hear less of Rowey now.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Pressure is obviously on Kochie, he is into his 12 season as boss, surely it's time to hand it over soon?

There is no real KPI's on such a role IMO. Why would they change? I know it would be the only way we could see the arse end of Kenny.

His time is coming to an end, yes.

As for KPI's? Other than profit and loss ( reports another chunk of debt paid off and an operating profit will soon be announced ) there's major sponsorship engagement / revenue ( as good as it has been in a long time ) membership engagement ( suffered from cuts post COVID without doubt ) and football. He's overseen a 10 year stint from a senior coach with no Grand Finals, the longest stint by a coach in the 152 years our club has existed without a GF.

Some of those measures he's been a success, others he's failed. Time to move on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

As for KPI's? Other than profit and loss ( reports another chunk of debt paid off and an operating profit will soon be announced ) there's major sponsorship engagement / revenue ( as good as it has been in a long time ) membership engagement ( suffered from cuts post COVID without doubt ) and football. He's overseen a 10 year stint from a senior coach with no Grand Finals, the longest stint by a coach in the 152 years our club has existed without a GF.

Some of those measures he's been a success, others he's failed. Time to move on.

More of what I was alluding to, his role can't be assessed by premierships, as you pointed, COVID reneges the financial side of things and we've always had a decent major sponsor and no shortage of minor ones.

Is there anyone that could do a better job? They'd have to be from the inner sanctum IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:41 pm

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The oldest measure of employment success favours Kochy............'he leaves the club in a better place than it was 12 years ago'

I like giving him shit but he has done a decent job imo.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:49 pm

I think he's a bit of a flogger but I also think he's done a decent job, each club basically has a 5.5% chance of winning a flag each year, if you can win one every 17 years you are ahead of the pack.

Is success also based on having W/L ratio of greater than 55%"? Or appearing in finals?

What irks me is that we have had the team to go all the way and failed twice, having a home prelim and not making the big dance is a big failure, not that it's Kochie's fault though.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

More of what I was alluding to, his role can't be assessed by premierships, as you pointed, COVID reneges the financial side of things and we've always had a decent major sponsor and no shortage of minor ones.

Is there anyone that could do a better job? They'd have to be from the inner sanctum IMO.

:lol:

My ATM, VIP Home Services, Energy Australia, GFG, all the big names. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:28 pm

Booney wrote:
:lol:

My ATM, VIP Home Services, Energy Australia, GFG, all the big names. :D

I'm surprised we haven't had Noels Caravans.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:45 pm

I think 12 years is more than enough, some clubs, including mine have a 8 year maximum period which I think is a good thing, Eddie did Collingwood no favours by hanging on too long. Time for Port to have a Chairman that is at least living in the state IMO
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:I think 12 years is more than enough, some clubs, including mine have a 8 year maximum period which I think is a good thing, Eddie did Collingwood no favours by hanging on too long. Time for Port to have a Chairman that is at least living in the state IMO

I'm not sure that's particularly important. In the position we're in (financially ) I think it's more important to be connected to big business and maintain global partners, we can't rely on SA business supporting us financially.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:I think 12 years is more than enough, some clubs, including mine have a 8 year maximum period which I think is a good thing, Eddie did Collingwood no favours by hanging on too long. Time for Port to have a Chairman that is at least living in the state IMO

Serious question, why is that important?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 795 times
Been liked: 849 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 pm

gadj1976 wrote:

I think after 12 years of having one interstate and can't be as hands on as he would like, the next one would be preferable to be here and take some heat off the rest of the admin.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

I think after 12 years of having one interstate and can't be as hands on as he would like, the next one would be preferable to be here and take some heat off the rest of the admin.

The CEO is hands on, the President/Chair isn't a day to day role.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Agree and understand that, but him not being here would be preferable (mid week events, networking with sponsors) and a few tasks would fall to the CEO because of this.

Anyway I don't really care :lol: :lol: ;)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:33 am

The Port Adelaide Football Club has announced an operating profit of $3,463,552 for the financial year ending 31 October 2022.

This result was led by strong growth across commercial partnerships, match day hospitality, membership, and gate receipts. Operating revenue increased by almost $8m, to a total of $57m.

The positive outcome also enables the club to pay down a further $2.5m of debt, resulting in a total reduction of almost $6.0m in two years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:39 am

Can give Kenny a raise
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach