Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby MW » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:58 pm

Collingwood hold no rights to black and white stripes. The AFL do.
MW
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11854
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:55 pm
Has liked: 2194 times
Been liked: 1568 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby RB » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:26 pm

tigerpie wrote:
RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Maybe Paddy should butt out and concentrate on not choking in finals.

My last word on it......heritage round no problem.
Normal home and away, get rooted!
I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, but out of interest, is there any reason you're so firmly against them wearing it, TP?

Again I have no problem with them wearing it at a heritage round.

There's only one black and white team in the afl.

There's only one black and red sash, one black and gold sash, one red and blue team.

If glenelg, westies or norwood won the second licence do you think they'd be able to run out with their sanfl jumpers, anytime ever?

Port spent years bullying everyone in the sanfl to get their way and can't/won't accept that they can't do the same in the big league.

I'm totally over this shit coming up every year.


I appreciate your explaining your reasons, but I find it hard to share your view.

"There's only one black and white team in the afl."
- yep, well spotted. My question is why that has to continue (noted that various other combinations are taken by more than one team).

"If glenelg, westies or norwood won the second licence do you think they'd be able to run out with their sanfl jumpers, anytime ever?"
- I expect there'd be similar opposition from RIchmond etc., as with Collingwood re Port. Again, I still don't see why there should be a monopoly on a particular combination of colours.

"Port spent years bullying everyone in the sanfl to get their way and can't/won't accept that they can't do the same in the big league."
- sure, but ultimately irrelevant to my question

"I'm totally over this shit coming up every year."
- again irrelevant, and at any rate, the more this is resisted, the more likely they are to keep complaining. It seems to me to be rather brutish to decide to oppose something simply because it keeps getting brought up.

I would probably understand if those supporters of the old Port (RIP) who have little or no interest in the Power viewed the Power running around in the PB guernsey 'Weekend at Bernie's' style as an unedifying spectacle.

But the idea that one team has a monopoly on certain colours is ludicrous. As I have said before on this forum, the PB guernsey is far from identical to the Collingwood one.

I am still yet to hear a convincing reason as to why the Power wearing the PB (otherwise than in matches against Collingwood) would have any impact on Collingwood FC whatsoever.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 600 times
Been liked: 841 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:48 pm

OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?

Its about protecting your brand and making it easily identified.

Wear it for heritage round once a year, and have that round as a showdown.
Ports wear the wharfie jumper and the crows the state jumper or a glenelg jumper ;)
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:52 pm

tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?

Its about protecting your brand and making it easily identified.

Wear it for heritage round once a year, and have that round as a showdown.
Ports wear the wharfie jumper and the crows the state jumper or a glenelg jumper ;)


Makes you wonder how Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal have survived all these years then, doesn't it?

Then again Everton, Chelsea and Leicester have done it.

Or Aston Villa and Burnley, they've also bucked the trend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:57 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?

Its about protecting your brand and making it easily identified.

Wear it for heritage round once a year, and have that round as a showdown.
Ports wear the wharfie jumper and the crows the state jumper or a glenelg jumper ;)


Makes you wonder how Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal have survived all these years then, doesn't it?

Then again Everton, Chelsea and Leicester have done it.

Or Aston Villa and Burnley, they've also bucked the trend.

Again with the soccer bullshit.
Its not relevant, different sport, culture and the lack of POM's understanding of anything outside the primary colours.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:05 pm

I'll give you one thing mate, even without anything to back up your argument you're not backing down. Good for you. I like your spirit. :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:05 pm

It’s Port, everyone should :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: :butthead:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41410
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3275 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:06 pm

tigerpie wrote:Its not relevant, different sport, culture and the lack of POM's understanding of anything outside the primary colours.


tHeReS oNlY oNe bLaCk aNd WhITe :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby RB » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm

tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?


OK. Let's apply this to footy.

Assume that Collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours.

If the Power were to infringe this right by wearing the PBs, they may be in legal strife if Collingwood could show it has suffered loss as a result.

Again I ask, what loss would Collingwood suffer?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 600 times
Been liked: 841 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:30 pm

RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?


OK. Let's apply this to footy.

Assume that Collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours.

If the Power were to infringe this right by wearing the PBs, they may be in legal strife if Collingwood could show it has suffered loss as a result.

Again I ask, what loss would Collingwood suffer?

If you assume that collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours, then they dont seem to concerned about almost every league in the country having a black and white team. Are they gonna sue Mallala, North Haven, Salisbury, etc?
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4836
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 601 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:38 pm

Booney wrote:I'll give you one thing mate, even without anything to back up your argument you're not backing down. Good for you. I like your spirit. :D

What, the otr or cadbury example didn't do it for you? Come on you're not dumb.
I get it, you want what you want.
And you can have it, just not anytime YOU want it.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:39 pm

Cabury gave up on the purple trademark...


Would Melbourne cry as much as Collingwood if Norwood joined the AFL?
Darcy Fogarty Fan Club Member
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 828 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:41 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Booney wrote:I'll give you one thing mate, even without anything to back up your argument you're not backing down. Good for you. I like your spirit. :D

What, the otr or cadbury example didn't do it for you? Come on you're not dumb.
I get it, you want what you want.
And you can have it, just not anytime YOU want it.


Showdowns then?

Image
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby RB » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:42 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?


OK. Let's apply this to footy.

Assume that Collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours.

If the Power were to infringe this right by wearing the PBs, they may be in legal strife if Collingwood could show it has suffered loss as a result.

Again I ask, what loss would Collingwood suffer?

If you assume that collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours, then they dont seem to concerned about almost every league in the country having a black and white team. Are they gonna sue Mallala, North Haven, Salisbury, etc?


I should have said 'assume solely for the sake of the following example'.

But yes, I believe there are a number of Australian Rules football clubs around the traps who wear black and white.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4875
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 600 times
Been liked: 841 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:44 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
RB wrote:
tigerpie wrote:OK, try this.
A new servo chain wants BP's colours (OTR colours now) green and yellow, would that be allowed?

A new chocolate manufacturer wants to use cadburys colours would that happen?


OK. Let's apply this to footy.

Assume that Collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours.

If the Power were to infringe this right by wearing the PBs, they may be in legal strife if Collingwood could show it has suffered loss as a result.

Again I ask, what loss would Collingwood suffer?

If you assume that collingwood have a registered trade mark over their colours, then they dont seem to concerned about almost every league in the country having a black and white team. Are they gonna sue Mallala, North Haven, Salisbury, etc?

Hypothetically what if Goolwa magpies were invited to join the sanfl or any of the clubs you mention?
Would they be able to do so with their jumper and colours?
I strongly doubt that!
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Booney wrote:I'll give you one thing mate, even without anything to back up your argument you're not backing down. Good for you. I like your spirit. :D

What, the otr or cadbury example didn't do it for you? Come on you're not dumb.
I get it, you want what you want.
And you can have it, just not anytime YOU want it.


Showdowns then?

Image

Nice try.....heritage rounds programmed on A showdown ;)
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:00 pm

"Heritage Rounds" are no more, you realise this?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby tigerpie » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:13 pm

Booney wrote:"Heritage Rounds" are no more, you realise this?

We should have one every year.
There's your chance. Push that agenda and you're over the line.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 326 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:16 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Booney wrote:"Heritage Rounds" are no more, you realise this?

We should have one every year.
There's your chance. Push that agenda and you're over the line.


The AFL canned them when they birthed GC and GWS to avoid any embarrassment for their love children.

It was around this time Mr McGuire "agreed" to let Port wear the bars in Heritage Rounds......I doubt he knew what the AFL's intentions were with those themed rounds. *cough*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 54288
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6431 times
Been liked: 9524 times

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby stan » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:48 pm

One of the things crops up here is that it Mr McGuire showed his hand that he knew of the AFLs plans to drop heritage round, and as he called it smart Business. But what it showed was exactly how close the big Victorian clubs are with the powers at AFL house.

People will say what's the problem with this and what sort of gain does this actually get them?
Well old mate Ed had shown it right now.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
User avatar
stan
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14569
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:53 am
Location: North Eastern Suburbs
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1153 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests