AFL Round 12

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 12

by Vamos » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 pm

Brodlach wrote:Not sure how many of you were out in those conditions Saturday, I was at local football and it was as cold as I’ve ever been. Storm about 1:15pm I swear I saw snow.

Was at Pirate Life all arvo, was rather warm in there but it was a chilly walk to the Admiral at 17:30
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 353 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

by Wedgie » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Was wet at Prospect but was colder two weeks previous. Wasn't cold at all.
After enduring games at Footy Park on alluminium seating and a Friday night game in Canberra at Bruce Stadium it was quite balmy.
It is a winter sport.
And I just had a short sleeve polo, jacket and jeans. Was handy finding out my shoes were waterproof though.
As long as there's cloud about it never gets that cold here.

I always laugh when people here complain about the cold knowing it got down to minus 22 for a Bengals game in Cincinnati and apparently felt like minus 50. :lol:
A lot of soft people here. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

by Spargo » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:41 pm

Vamos wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Not sure how many of you were out in those conditions Saturday, I was at local football and it was as cold as I’ve ever been. Storm about 1:15pm I swear I saw snow.

Frigidly cold all weekend. Was at The Bay Oval Saturday then backed it up yesterday morning with the youngest having an away game a Port Districts at 8:30.

I was runner for my daughter's game at Port District and it was as bitterly cold as I can remember. Reminded me of when I played in Canberra.

Glad you both enjoyed God's Country :D

You need to speak to someone about the car park dimensions, more like motorcycle parks!
The steak, egg & bacon roll first thing Sunday morning was a winner though.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by gadj1976 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 pm

Vamos wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Frigidly cold all weekend. Was at The Bay Oval Saturday then backed it up yesterday morning with the youngest having an away game a Port Districts at 8:30.

I was runner for my daughter's game at Port District and it was as bitterly cold as I can remember. Reminded me of when I played in Canberra.

Glad you both enjoyed God's Country :D

Might've been god's country but we couldn't get a refreshing ale afterward.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

by gadj1976 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:Was wet at Prospect but was colder two weeks previous. Wasn't cold at all.
After enduring games at Footy Park on alluminium seating and a Friday night game in Canberra at Bruce Stadium it was quite balmy.
It is a winter sport.
And I just had a short sleeve polo, jacket and jeans. Was handy finding out my shoes were waterproof though.
As long as there's cloud about it never gets that cold here.

I always laugh when people here complain about the cold knowing it got down to minus 22 for a Bengals game in Cincinnati and apparently felt like minus 50. :lol:
A lot of soft people here. ;)

Oh yes, didn't we love the Brumbies games and Raiders games in mid winter at Bruce?
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

by Armchair expert » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:50 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Check this out

https://www.facebook.com/southaustralia ... 750348006/
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 1433 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

by stan » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:45 am

Armchair expert wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Check this out

https://www.facebook.com/southaustralia ... 750348006/
It's funny being a winter sport, you get and cold but you only really get a few of those extreme days when your playing in a swamp and can hardly see with rain and hail flying sideways into your face.

I must say, I remember well the beers after those games and they never tasted as good as they did then.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL