AFL Round 14

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 14

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:33 pm

DOC wrote:
tigerpie wrote:I'm waiting for his haters......failed a drug test, wants out of collingwood, blah blah blah!

You would have him I gather?

If he's genuine about his condition, and by all accounts he's owned his mistake.
His ADHD changed my view cause it just makes sense.
I was willing to ditch him but I'd be willing to give him another crack.
His best footy is still ahead of him if he tows the line.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:39 pm

whufc wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:And if his ADHD diagnosis is fact then I have some degree of understanding regarding his impulsive behaviour.
Anyone that has dealt with someone with this will relate.
Its no excuse but does show a reason why he keeps making judgement errors.

Then the club doctor would know this, and would/should recommend he don’t put himself in situations where his ‘impulsive behavior’ will come out and embarrass himself, his employer and the wider football community! He is an adult and needs to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions. It’s similar to trotting out the ‘alcohol’ or ‘bad mental state’ re: Bailey Smith as justification for being a DH.
The club needs be held more accountable in De Goeys case as previously mentioned, it’s not a one off. It’s a pattern and the club should have some help in place for him. Protect your investment??

I’m not sure he embarrassed himself

I’m completely jealous lucky bastard…..haha

I'm jealous of him because he can run. Seriously though, he doesn't appear to give a shit about his team mates. That's the thing. If you accept multiple indiscretions then that is the standard you accept, the culture you create. If it's not acceptable to his team mates, and he loses the locker room, then he's probably done at Collingwood. I'd wager most of us have played at some sort of a club...imagine rocking up when a lot of people think you are only in it for yourself. It's not sustainable...not sure it could ever be at a professional level.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:08 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
whufc wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:And if his ADHD diagnosis is fact then I have some degree of understanding regarding his impulsive behaviour.
Anyone that has dealt with someone with this will relate.
Its no excuse but does show a reason why he keeps making judgement errors.

Then the club doctor would know this, and would/should recommend he don’t put himself in situations where his ‘impulsive behavior’ will come out and embarrass himself, his employer and the wider football community! He is an adult and needs to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions. It’s similar to trotting out the ‘alcohol’ or ‘bad mental state’ re: Bailey Smith as justification for being a DH.
The club needs be held more accountable in De Goeys case as previously mentioned, it’s not a one off. It’s a pattern and the club should have some help in place for him. Protect your investment??

I’m not sure he embarrassed himself

I’m completely jealous lucky bastard…..haha

I'm jealous of him because he can run. Seriously though, he doesn't appear to give a shit about his team mates. That's the thing. If you accept multiple indiscretions then that is the standard you accept, the culture you create. If it's not acceptable to his team mates, and he loses the locker room, then he's probably done at Collingwood. I'd wager most of us have played at some sort of a club...imagine rocking up when a lot of people think you are only in it for yourself. It's not sustainable...not sure it could ever be at a professional level.

regards,

REB

In all seriousness if im a teammate who is doing the right thing and super serious about my conditioning I wouldn't be overly happy with him going. I wouldn't have a problem saying that either to a teammate like come on man we have a seriously big oppurtunity lets get it right for the next 3 months and then blow off steam at the end of the year.

In saying that I would have just as a big question marks about the management at my club who let him go over there...…..there is no chance they were naïve enough to think he would just be getting a tan and sipping waters by the beach. In saying that I don't think he had an alcoholic drink in any of those videos, so apart from being in a nightclub and acting crassly with a female what crime has he committed.

I guess we are all different. No matter what my age if I was offered a professional sporting contract I would have given up booze, drugs, social media straight away. I mean I have given up drinking for a lot less :lol:

At the end of the day if he gets best on this week the media and experts will turn around and say it was the best thing for him.....his the kind of player who needs that 'free' time etc etc. If he as a shocker they will continue down the path of critising him and calling him a culture killer.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL