AFL Round 14

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 14

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 am

In isolation the Bali incident isn't a terrible look, the V fingers and flashing tongue is pretty crass in my book but hey whatever, it's the wrap sheet that he has that makes it stupid. Stupid that he went. Stupid that they let him*. Stupid all round.

At the beginning of the 2017 season, De Goey broke his hand during an incident in a bar in St Kilda. Initially he lied to the club, telling them he injured it while playing with his dog and after admitting to his lie was suspended for three matches, fined $5,000, and given 10 weeks of community service.

In February 2018, he was suspended by Collingwood after being caught drunk driving. He was fined $10,000 and required to pay a further $10,000 to charity, during which time he worked for a month as a tradesman and with the Salvation Army.

In July 2020, De Goey and another man were charged by Victoria Police with indecent assault, stemming from an incident that was alleged to have taken place with a woman in 2015. The matter had been investigated by the Police and the AFL's Integrity Unit in 2018, and no charges were laid following those investigations.

In October 2021, De Goey was arrested at a night club in New York City and charged with forcible touching of a 35-year-old woman and the assault of a 37-year-old man. He was stood down indefinitely by Collingwood and pleaded not guilty to the charges, along with another Australian man who was charged. A couple of days later, the prosecutors dropped the charge of forcible touching.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:45 am

Had lunch yesterday with a very passionate Collingwood supporter.

His view is he should have played his last game.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby cracka » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:06 am

You know things are bad when Fevola is offering his help :D
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mots02 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:45 am

Armchair expert wrote:Shes a 10 but she posts on Safooty

12 :heart:
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:52 am

Booney wrote:In isolation the Bali incident isn't a terrible look, the V fingers and flashing tongue is pretty crass in my book but hey whatever, it's the wrap sheet that he has that makes it stupid. Stupid that he went. Stupid that they let him*. Stupid all round.[/i]

Lengthy wrap sheet.. but regardless, do you really think the Bali incident was/is worth of the publicity, the scrutiny and more importantly the penalty recieved?

Seems excessive to me.

Break any laws? No.
Do anything illegal? No.
Bring the game into disrepute? No.

Bad look. Yes.

Interesting Bailey Smith can snort lines of coke and the country put their arms around him and support him for it.. De Goey gets loose on holiday and everyone wants him castrated.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:In isolation the Bali incident isn't a terrible look, the V fingers and flashing tongue is pretty crass in my book but hey whatever, it's the wrap sheet that he has that makes it stupid. Stupid that he went. Stupid that they let him*. Stupid all round.[/i]

Lengthy wrap sheet.. but regardless, do you really think the Bali incident was/is worth of the publicity, the scrutiny and more importantly the penalty recieved?

Seems excessive to me.

Break any laws? No.
Do anything illegal? No.
Bring the game into disrepute? No.

Bad look. Yes.

Interesting Bailey Smith can snort lines of coke and the country put their arms around him and support him for it.. De Goey gets loose on holiday and everyone wants him castrated.

No, I don't, but repeat offender so it's a cumulative of past indiscretions.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:38 pm

And if his ADHD diagnosis is fact then I have some degree of understanding regarding his impulsive behaviour.
Anyone that has dealt with someone with this will relate.
Its no excuse but does show a reason why he keeps making judgement errors.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:06 pm

tigerpie wrote:And if his ADHD diagnosis is fact then I have some degree of understanding regarding his impulsive behaviour.

Then the club doctor would know this, and would/should recommend he don’t put himself in situations where his ‘impulsive behavior’ will come out and embarrass himself, his employer and the wider football community! He is an adult and needs to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions. It’s similar to trotting out the ‘alcohol’ or ‘bad mental state’ re: Bailey Smith as justification for being a DH.
The club needs be held more accountable in De Goeys case as previously mentioned, it’s not a one off. It’s a pattern and the club should have some help in place for him. Protect your investment??
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:09 pm

tigerpie wrote:And if his ADHD diagnosis is fact then I have some degree of understanding regarding his impulsive behaviour.

If he is being medicated for ADHD he shouldn’t be drinking alcohol
If he’s not being medicated then maybe he should.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby whufc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

Then the club doctor would know this, and would/should recommend he don’t put himself in situations where his ‘impulsive behavior’ will come out and embarrass himself, his employer and the wider football community! He is an adult and needs to take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his actions. It’s similar to trotting out the ‘alcohol’ or ‘bad mental state’ re: Bailey Smith as justification for being a DH.
The club needs be held more accountable in De Goeys case as previously mentioned, it’s not a one off. It’s a pattern and the club should have some help in place for him. Protect your investment??

I’m not sure he embarrassed himself

I’m completely jealous lucky bastard…..haha
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Booney wrote:In isolation the Bali incident isn't a terrible look, the V fingers and flashing tongue is pretty crass in my book but hey whatever, it's the wrap sheet that he has that makes it stupid. Stupid that he went. Stupid that they let him*. Stupid all round.

At the beginning of the 2017 season, De Goey broke his hand during an incident in a bar in St Kilda. Initially he lied to the club, telling them he injured it while playing with his dog and after admitting to his lie was suspended for three matches, fined $5,000, and given 10 weeks of community service.

In February 2018, he was suspended by Collingwood after being caught drunk driving. He was fined $10,000 and required to pay a further $10,000 to charity, during which time he worked for a month as a tradesman and with the Salvation Army.

In July 2020, De Goey and another man were charged by Victoria Police with indecent assault, stemming from an incident that was alleged to have taken place with a woman in 2015. The matter had been investigated by the Police and the AFL's Integrity Unit in 2018, and no charges were laid following those investigations.

In October 2021, De Goey was arrested at a night club in New York City and charged with forcible touching of a 35-year-old woman and the assault of a 37-year-old man. He was stood down indefinitely by Collingwood and pleaded not guilty to the charges, along with another Australian man who was charged. A couple of days later, the prosecutors dropped the charge of forcible touching.

Must've had a missus in 2019.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:53 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

He was only diagnosed late last year.
The doc would be fully aware but can only advise him not to drink heavily.
I'm tipping, when he comes off meds he f**ks up.
Hopefully now he's learnt his lesson.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:17 pm

He would be most unlikely to be on medication.
DOC
Coach

Postby mots02 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:24 pm

DOC wrote:He would be most unlikely to be on medication.

The Doc has spoken.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:02 pm

De Goey has been granted personal leave
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby locky801 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:18 pm

Armchair expert wrote:De Goey has been granted personal leave

off on a holiday ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3648 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 pm

locky801 wrote:

off on a holiday ;)

Bali?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:39 pm

I'm waiting for his haters......failed a drug test, wants out of collingwood, blah blah blah!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:54 pm

Brodlach wrote:
locky801 wrote:

off on a holiday ;)

Bali?

New York
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:59 pm

tigerpie wrote:I'm waiting for his haters......failed a drug test, wants out of collingwood, blah blah blah!

You would have him I gather?
DOC
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL