AFL in Tasmania

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL in Tasmania

Postby stan » Fri May 05, 2023 10:28 am

Dutchy wrote:
tigerpie wrote:If people can't get a ticket then the only tourism will be internal apart from a thousand or so. That's nowhere near enough to make an impact really.
As has been said the stadium budget is not even close to the final cost.
The roof will be shade sails or tarps at that price.

North and Hawks currently get millions every year for playing footy down there due to the tourism it brings, ive been twice in the last 3 years for footy but then toured the state afterwards. Having 11-12 games down there and having the likes of Carlton, Essendon, Collingwood travel there will be huge for Tassie economy.

I suspect the new team will no more than 15k of core fans that go every week (after the initial sugar hit), which leaves 10k of seats for opposition supporters.
Lol Collingwood going there.

Come on mate.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Fri May 05, 2023 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
stan wrote:
tigerpie wrote:If people can't get a ticket then the only tourism will be internal apart from a thousand or so. That's nowhere near enough to make an impact really.
As has been said the stadium budget is not even close to the final cost.
The roof will be shade sails or tarps at that price.
Dis you say tarps?
I know someone who can help you out with that.

I don't reckon that barb's got any sting left in it.

About as much as West Coast on any given weekend.
Come on guys, we can still have some fun in here. Let's dig it up for one last time hey?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Fri May 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Talk they might play home games both North and South with Hobart getting roughly 7 and Launceston roughly 4 pending the AFL fixture.

I understand the tension between North and South but surprised you build a brand new multi million dollar stadium to have games not played there.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5566 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tigerpie » Fri May 05, 2023 12:57 pm

There first game should be against the pies.
That'll be huge.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby am Bays » Fri May 12, 2023 11:50 am

am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:
am Bays wrote:
MW wrote:Smart politician would be able to argue the money generated by an AFL team in the state would be used for public housing

What money? Expenditure (goods and services) go to the Feds, maybe some stamp duty and payroll tax not sure 100 - 200 people on their payroll will produce many houses.

Is this being owned by the Tassie government so will they scoop the profits?

Yeah you're right, Tassie govt chose to bring AFL to its state to f..k over it's residents...

I'm not suggesting that at all

I dont deny there's going to be a growing of the pie and increased revenue into the state but a lot of that revenue will go back to the Feds as GST revenue. Yes Tasmania get more money back from GST raised in their state like SA, NT & ACT. But will the revenue this generates be the panacea that solves the social issues in the state that a significant proportion of the state are calling out.

With their Hare- Clarke voting system the opportunity for a cross bench that has to be negotiated with is far larger then in SA.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if this becomes an electoral issue in Tasmania

Bang

First shots fired and from within: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05-12/tasmania-liberal-government-in-minority-mps-defect-over-stadium/102333446
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL