AFL Round 18

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 18

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:59 pm

MW wrote:I can't believe I have to say this, but he targets a player way off the ball who is not even looking at him. Dog act and deserves 2 weeks.

have you actually watched it? It was a side on bump. Hardly a dog act
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:04 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:I can't believe I have to say this, but he targets a player way off the ball who is not even looking at him. Dog act and deserves 2 weeks.

actually hits him in the back
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Please stop, you are losing credibility by every post..... :shock:

MW is spot on, not acceptable at all what Rampe did!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

Please stop, you are losing credibility by every post..... :shock:

MW is spot on, not acceptable at all what Rampe did!

i literally just watched it on the afl site. Every angle. He deviated and bumped him. shouldn't have done it, but hardly worth two games
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:11 pm

its everything the AFL is trying to stamp out. Rampe chose to bump, ball nowhere near him, caused a concussion (can argue that if you like). lucky to only get 2 weeks.
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Took me about 20 views to even work out where the report was.
AFL would want to have much better vision than shown on their website if they want any games for him.
My eyes must be going with old age as I can't even see 100% evidence of who ran into who! Maybe the Sydney player just braced himself for contact as he saw the other bloke coming?
For the first time in my life I'm agreeing with Wubsy.

But, I couldn't see the Bulldogs player on the injury list but if he did get concussion then yeah it's 2 games probably, be interesting to hear evidence first though.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:Took me about 20 views to even work out where the report was.
AFL would want to have much better vision than shown on their website if they want any games for him.
My eyes must be going with old age as I can't even see 100% evidence of who ran into who! Maybe the Sydney player just braced himself for contact as he saw the other bloke coming?

But, I couldn't see the Bulldogs player on the injury list but if he did get concussion then yeah it's 2 games probably, be interesting to hear evidence first though.

long overdue i reckon. ;)
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:49 pm

yeah i'd be off to OPSM if I were you...
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:50 pm

MW wrote:

In fairness I only watched on my phone but I did just read that Rampe was holding his chin after the collision, weird way to hit a bloke.
But yeah I'm one of the few people at my age without glasses, maybe I should make a trip to an optometrist. ;)

At least we can all agree if he was a Geelong player he'd get 3 weeks and have no chance of getting off. :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby MW » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Just read that Rampe was holding his chin after the collision, weird way to hit a bloke.
But yeah I'm one of the few people at my age without glasses, maybe I should make a trip. ;)

At least we can all agree if he was a Geelong player he'd get 3 weeks and have no chance of getting off. :D

:lol: you know when I wrote it I thought you might say something like that :lol:
MW
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:00 pm

MW wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

Just read that Rampe was holding his chin after the collision, weird way to hit a bloke.
But yeah I'm one of the few people at my age without glasses, maybe I should make a trip. ;)

:lol: you know when I wrote it I thought you might say something like that :lol:

I'm turning into Psyber :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:12 pm

no one is that cool
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:39 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:no one is that cool

Oh agreed, I'm a very poor man's wannabee Psyber.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:41 pm

Wedgie wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:no one is that cool

Oh agreed, I'm a very poor man's wannabee Psyber.

can't blame you. i think all of us want to be psyber

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:

In fairness I only watched on my phone but I did just read that Rampe was holding his chin after the collision, weird way to hit a bloke.
But yeah I'm one of the few people at my age without glasses, maybe I should make a trip to an optometrist. ;)

Geez wedgie I would definitely be going to opsm

The footage is clear as day, only one bloke running off his ‘line’ into the other bloke.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Yeah OK, just watched it on the 27 inch monitor at home and he definitely speeds up but is it to take out the dogs player or an aborted lead?
Still not sure.
Benefit of doubt IMHO.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:40 am

Is this the one where he's running inside the centre square then changes line out side the square then comes back into the square to pick the bloke off like a gutless prick?

Can't really blame him though as he doesn't know the rules.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:44 am

In the one instance I saw the incident last night, could see what Rampe was trying to do (body check his opponent) but all players know by now if you initiate contact and there’s connection with an opponents head, accidental or otherwise, you’re done for. Take the 2 weeks and move on.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:59 am

JK wrote:In the one instance I saw the incident last night, could see what Rampe was trying to do (body check his opponent) but all players know by now if you initiate contact and there’s connection with an opponents head, accidental or otherwise, you’re done for. Take the 2 weeks and move on.

100% agree.

I don't think Rampe was trying to 'kill' the bloke but he definitely saw the potential of the WB player being the next in the possession chain and left his running line to body check the player.

Current AFL 2 games is about right imo....like you said take it and move on.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:16 am

Booney wrote:Is this the one where he's running inside the centre square then changes line out side the square then comes back into the square to pick the bloke off like a gutless prick?

Can't really blame him though as he doesn't know the rules.

It’s pretty clear the lift doesn’t go to the top floor with this bloke…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5126 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL