PAFC 2024

Talk on the national game

Re: PAFC 2024

Postby tigerpie » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:55 am

They certainly went missing after quarter time.
I don't think Rozee,Wines and Co took the foot off I think the pies just put their foot down.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:56 am

tigerpie wrote:They certainly went missing after quarter time.
I don't think Rozee,Wines and Co took the foot off I think the pies just put their foot down.

Kenny saw all he needed. He knows they have the Pies measure should they meet in September
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11874 times
Been liked: 3609 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

Kenny saw all he needed. He knows they have the Pies measure should they meet in September

=)) He should get another 2 year extension out of it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

=)) He should get another 2 year extension out of it

No contract, should make him a permanent employee. Neil Craig says hello.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1002 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:57 am

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Surely Port would buy it to display it at Alberton?

Wheels are in motion.

Should be something on this soon.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7506 times
Been liked: 10800 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

Powell- Pepper confirmed ruptured ACL
Rozee confirmed low grade Hammy
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3722 times
Been liked: 1175 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 pm

locky801 wrote:Powell- Pepper confirmed ruptured ACL
Rozee confirmed low grade Hammy

Damn, that's awful about SPP, love watching him play. :(
Good luck to him in a full recovery hopefully.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2055 times
Been liked: 3903 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 02, 2024 4:17 pm

tigerpie wrote:He must've pissed her off right royally for her to go to this length.
Even if he has, considering how much she'll get in the settlement it's pretty low taking a blokes medals and stuff.
Does he get half of her year 13 netball premiership medal or one tit?

Hell hath no fury....................
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm

Booney wrote:

Wheels are in motion.

They get it?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 735 times
Been liked: 2097 times

Postby Booney » Thu May 02, 2024 7:35 pm

DOC wrote:
Booney wrote:

Wheels are in motion.

They get it?

Will know soon I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed May 08, 2024 9:49 am

Yartapuulti Football Club has unveiled its 2024 AFL First Nations guernsey, which will be worn during Sir Doug Nicholls Round. 

The annual, league-wide event will take place across Rounds 10 and 11, with the Power set to don the special guernsey in games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval and North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena. 

The club is also proud to confirm it will be known as the Yartapuulti Football Club again in 2024 for all games played during Sir Doug Nicholls Round, AFLW Indigenous Round and the SANFL First Nations Round.

This year’s striking strip, inspired by the essence of family, was a collaboration between two-time premiership player, Norm Smith Medallist and 200-game player, Byron Pickett, and his first cousin Melanie Pickett.

The guernsey depicts Byron’s strong connection to family, to the land, and to the Port Adelaide region, as well as the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti AFL players.

“To get asked to do the design for this great club is…I’m a pretty humble guy, I like to think I am, and I was just over the moon when they asked me to design it,” Byron said.

“It (the design) is about family. I’m really big on family. I’ve always put family before myself, it’s just what I’ve been taught by my father, my mother, and my older sister.”

The guernsey design is centred around three round symbols, while the Port River forms the traditional Yartapuulti ‘V’ shape across the chest.

“The rivers represent the Port River, the home of Yartapuulti and my football journey,” Byron said.

“The animal prints on the side of the guernsey are my totems. The bird footprint is the pee wee, that’s my Nyoongar totem on my dad’s side. And the dog print is a dingo (ngubanu), and that’s my mum’s totem on the Yamatji side.

“The background represents my father; he did a painting a while ago with that design on it.

“My dad is no longer with us today, and I just thought because I am really family orientated man, I wanted to include that as a representation of my father.”

Three round shapes sit at the centre of the guernsey and represent three meeting places of great significance to Byron.

“The main shape is Alberton Oval and the smaller shapes around it represent the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti players, plus one that represents me.

“The top shape is a place called Mount Magnet (Budimia) that’s where my mum is from, and the bottom shape is where my dad is from Quairading (Balardong) down south in Western Australia.

“There are three ‘U’ shapes on the back of the guernsey. The teal one is my granddaughter, Zaylera, and the two others are the boys, my two grandsons Z’kye and Zyree.

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed May 08, 2024 11:30 am

Booney wrote:Image

Yartapuulti Football Club has unveiled its 2024 AFL First Nations guernsey, which will be worn during Sir Doug Nicholls Round. 

The annual, league-wide event will take place across Rounds 10 and 11, with the Power set to don the special guernsey in games against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval and North Melbourne at Blundstone Arena. 

The club is also proud to confirm it will be known as the Yartapuulti Football Club again in 2024 for all games played during Sir Doug Nicholls Round, AFLW Indigenous Round and the SANFL First Nations Round.

This year’s striking strip, inspired by the essence of family, was a collaboration between two-time premiership player, Norm Smith Medallist and 200-game player, Byron Pickett, and his first cousin Melanie Pickett.

The guernsey depicts Byron’s strong connection to family, to the land, and to the Port Adelaide region, as well as the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti AFL players.

“To get asked to do the design for this great club is…I’m a pretty humble guy, I like to think I am, and I was just over the moon when they asked me to design it,” Byron said.

“It (the design) is about family. I’m really big on family. I’ve always put family before myself, it’s just what I’ve been taught by my father, my mother, and my older sister.”

The guernsey design is centred around three round symbols, while the Port River forms the traditional Yartapuulti ‘V’ shape across the chest.

“The rivers represent the Port River, the home of Yartapuulti and my football journey,” Byron said.

“The animal prints on the side of the guernsey are my totems. The bird footprint is the pee wee, that’s my Nyoongar totem on my dad’s side. And the dog print is a dingo (ngubanu), and that’s my mum’s totem on the Yamatji side.

“The background represents my father; he did a painting a while ago with that design on it.

“My dad is no longer with us today, and I just thought because I am really family orientated man, I wanted to include that as a representation of my father.”

Three round shapes sit at the centre of the guernsey and represent three meeting places of great significance to Byron.

“The main shape is Alberton Oval and the smaller shapes around it represent the seven current First Nations Yartapuulti players, plus one that represents me.

“The top shape is a place called Mount Magnet (Budimia) that’s where my mum is from, and the bottom shape is where my dad is from Quairading (Balardong) down south in Western Australia.

“There are three ‘U’ shapes on the back of the guernsey. The teal one is my granddaughter, Zaylera, and the two others are the boys, my two grandsons Z’kye and Zyree.

That is a beauty of a guernsey... Port don't miss with them...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1485 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 08, 2024 11:33 am

Yep cracker guernsey.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5600 times
Been liked: 2534 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Wed May 08, 2024 11:48 am

Jase wrote:
That is a beauty of a guernsey... Port don't miss with them...

I know the club is incredibly proud of the work done in the community programs that include the Aboriginal Power Cup and SAASTA program, as well as what is proving to be very beneficial to participants the ADF Veterans program.

Played during Sir Doug Nicholls Round the carnival promotes education in indigenous communities and to be eligible to attend students must have a minimum 80% attendance rate and be passing both academic and behavioral components. The Santos Aboriginal Power Cup is the longest running joint education and AFL community program for Aboriginal students in the Australian professional sports industry.

To be eligible for the program the Power SAASTA Connect aims to inspire First Nations middle school students to complete their schooling and is crafted as a dedicated and direct pathway into the Santos Aboriginal Power Cup, this is aimed at years 7,8 and 9.

The ADF Veterans program, by drawing on the similarities of transitioning from high-performing environments, ex AFL-players and ADF veterans come together to re-identify a sense of purpose and community connection.

Delivered over a six week period, outcomes seek to address challenges associated with transition, mental health, wellbeing and relationships.

In addition to the six weeks, a number of events are delivered across the year with current and past program participants to promote ongoing connection and belonging.

The Power to Thrive program is a resilience and wellbeing program designed specifically for students from Australian Defence Force families.
The program offers a wide range of tools and resources that address the mental, emotional and practical needs of military families.

These tools are intended to help students thrive in any situation by covering themes such as gratitude, confidence, community connection, self-esteem, goal setting and character strengths with all themes linking strongly to the Port Adelaide Football Club’s player development program.

Designed specifically for year 10 students as a primary prevention program, Power to End Violence Against Women promotes respectful relationships and gender equality.
Developed in conjunction with Centacare Catholic Family Services and the Department for Education, this program is underpinned by a vision for young men to foster healthy attitudes to relationships while also challenging entrenched attitudes that can contribute to gender-based violence.

In consultation with the Department for Education, the program complements the Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum that is delivered in both primary and secondary schools.

As an extension to the program, students are invited to attend an annual Leadership Day and Role Model event aimed to share learnings and deepen understanding.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL