choco having a cry

Talk on the national game

choco having a cry

Postby Jimmy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:05 pm

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/fo ... 45,00.html

I especially like the line where he says "everyone has to work hard" :roll:

umm...i think the cows mamangement works hard too, idiot, just like most clubs!!!!

TOOL!!!!!!!! :D
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dog_ger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:12 pm

Chocko, All us SA people love and accept you, but come on dude......! Sometimes we all think you were neglected as a child....!
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:26 pm

Its lucky he's no longer in the SANFL as he'd have about 6 clubs to cry about that have made more than the Power.

Imagine how profitable the 2nd team in SA would have been if the cartel had got in, ironically North, the Eagles and the Centrals were all apart of the cartel who are now the 3 highest earning clubs in the SANFL and with the talent from those clubs in administrating the 2nd team would make more than the Crows.

He whinges about how they have the license fee to pay off an how that's unique to Port, well Choco, I hate to tell you that Geelong are paying back money for their grandstand which is more than what the license fees payments are and they still made over 1 million dollars.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Dogmatic » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:08 pm

The supporter base for Geelong would be smaller too.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby stan » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:30 am

The answer is simple, get the people in the marketing from the cows, they took plently of people from your club doofus, so get your hands on them and make some money.

"It's like selling coke" ...........
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:02 pm

stan wrote:"It's like selling coke" ...........

That's the problem. The Crows sell it successfully, when Port do it, they get arrested :wink:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The_Bay_Boy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:11 pm

I'm bloody sick of that side making excusses for everything.....

don't expect any sympathy from us choco.... When you and your club and especially your supporters treat every other club especially the cows like 5hit, news of losing money every year is good news to us. Means we are one year closer to not having to deal with port and all it's bull5hit!!!!
The_Bay_Boy
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby stan » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:07 pm

Port Treating someone like crap....well they are Port, what where you expecting?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:59 am

* smuggly rocks back in office chair *

Ahh,the I-hate-Port-cause-there-Port threads come thick and fast dont they.
Well,I for one love it.The fact we spent the last 40 years tormenting your poor SANFL teams and now get a chance to grab some of the Big comp spot light,you hate it,loathe it,despise it.I LUUUURV IT!

I am well aware that Choco and his mouth can cause plenty of harm,I am WELL aware,the problem with him is this,he lets his emotion get too involved in the way he speaks,good thing,or bad thing? I think good thing.
How many of us have said stupid shit and the footy only to think about it in hindsight and realise it was idiotic?
Every one just put there hand up,didnt you? What made you say the stupid comment,emotion,because it you love your club and want the best for it.So does Choco.

The problem with Choco saying it is every man and his dog gets to record/report it.You only had your mates hear it,and half of them were so tanked they cant remember it anyway.So hate him and the Port Adelaide club if you like,I know you hate us because of who we are,and we are who we are because of how good we are,and how good we want to be.

Rant over.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:02 am

Booney wrote:
So hate him and the Port Adelaide club if you like

Thanks, don't mind if I do :lol: The Glory days are over Boon, you'll only have the hate left to remind you that you were once a great club nyuck nyuck. Watch out for that office chair, a lot of things get legless at this time of year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Booney wrote:
So hate him and the Port Adelaide club if you like

Thanks, don't mind if I do :lol: The Glory days are over Boon, you'll only have the hate left to remind you that you were once a great club nyuck nyuck. Watch out for that office chair, a lot of things get legless at this time of year.

regards,

REB

Glory days over hey? Well,the fact that I have two Port teams to follows just about assures me of some success.One of them gets a flag every few years,we rarely wait 40 years for a cup.I've witnessed 12 flags in my 30 years,so if I have to wait 2 or 3 more,I dont mind.I can watch the tapes as often as I like,they are even in colour. :wink:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:49 am

Sorry mate, I was busy trying to get that skinny scope thing working so I could watch the 63 Granny DOH. 2-3 years?? 'Tell him e's dreamin'

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Magpiespower » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:03 pm

Choco should host his own TV show.

He's infinitely funnier than Wil Anderson, Rove et al.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby GWW » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:17 pm

Interesting to see Glenelg supporters criticise their best coach (Williams) of the last 13/14 years.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:05 am

GWW, no need to make generalisations about Bays supporters.

This is one Bay supporter who rates Choco and my ears are still burning after the spray he gave the boys after the 94 elimination final.

He did a lot of good things for the club especially with respect to acknowledging the history of the players who have gone before the current crop since they first started pre season in 1921.

But even you must acknowledge that Mark likes the perpindicular pronoun and drops it at every opportunity e.g. 2004 speech "I had a lot to do with Brisbane in the early years". Which he did but the point is he likes to shoot his mouth of and promote himself, it is what makes him as a person.

Cue background think music as 1980 Tassie medalist ponders to himself quietly, "Where are the bays supporters on this thread apart from this little black and yellow duck??"
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:03 am

Drawing a long bow asking Bay supporters to claim Choco as one of their own,and then to go so far as defend him,sheesh!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:28 am

Cut the BS Boon. Both Glenelg and Choco bite the big one. Expecting sense instead of a brilliant vocabulary from someone who logs on as Cornsey is another logical black hole ha ha.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:53 am

Budda Not trying to claim him as one of our own especially as he the way he left has left a sour taste in his mouth.

But having been a member of the support staff at the club in his time I can vouch for his dedication to our cause and the the values he was attempting to instill into our club regarding the 1%ers.

Talk to players who were there and they rate him too. You don't get 13 players rocking up to his place the day before he is terminated if you don't have the respect of your playing group.

I love his attitude and confidence in his ability as it made him successful as player and now as a coach.

AS a Glenelg person I hate Port Adelaide for the pain and suffering I have received but I sure as hell respect them as success just doesn't happen. That is in a large part due to the Port culture and playing style which is simple and effective. Choco was trying to change the culture and playing style at the Bay. It is unfortunate that despite the way he left he was never going to stay long any way as you could see that an AFL coaching career was always going to beckon. However if he had stayed we would have won a final for the first time since the 92 Prelim in 95 or 96

However with respect to his comments in todays fish n chips wrapping blind freddy can see that he is trying to rally his supporters to his cause and in typical Williams style he says what he wants and believes in and to hell with the consequences.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby MightyEagles » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:07 am

Port have always taken past players for their asst. coaches I think it has worked a little bit, but it could have been better.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Board index   Football  AFL