Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby The Indian » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:05 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Supercoach for horses starts up. Like star stable.
Get amongst it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Like how you have unlimited trades after each round, chance to bring in whole new stable. Basically everyone should have 10 runners during every round. Is there a league code yet?
The Indian
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Nullabor
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Not sure Hurdle will want to see the vision of that ride again.

A very frustrating jockey.


Other than LHM I don't back anything he rides

I chucked him in an exotic a few weeks back in the last at Morphie and he won on a $120+ long shot, I reckon the fave didn't run a place which ruined me as I had a roving tri.

Apart from that, I'm the same.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Ryan Hurdle, yeah he is a strange one.
I cant back him.
He should stick to using his slug guns i reckon.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45977
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7780 times
Been liked: 2051 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Comfort Man stands out in the next race for mine.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Race 3 Cantebury: #3 Cock Match.

Yes, I'm childish.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Booney wrote:Comfort Man stands out in the next race for mine.

And gets up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Comfort Man stands out in the next race for mine.

And gets up.


Often like those 2000-2200m runners on a short turn around.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Little dabble E/W with Hussybay first up barrier 1.
PAFC. Forever.
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 44394
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4236 times
Been liked: 7119 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby helicopterking » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm

You don’t want to be on the fence anymore.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 610 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 pm

The Indian wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Supercoach for horses starts up. Like star stable.
Get amongst it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Like how you have unlimited trades after each round, chance to bring in whole new stable. Basically everyone should have 10 runners during every round. Is there a league code yet?

I cant even get into it. Bloody Murdoch
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45977
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7780 times
Been liked: 2051 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Surely @spargo backed the winner of the Cup?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 31503
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2169 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby JK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:Surely @spargo backed the winner of the Cup?


Ha! Was thinking the same thing
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 34467
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 2797 times
Been liked: 2074 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:39 am

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Surely @spargo backed the winner of the Cup?


Ha! Was thinking the same thing


Never had a bet in the race :roll:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10771
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton Road Rail Yards
Has liked: 2783 times
Been liked: 3107 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby The Indian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
The Indian wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Supercoach for horses starts up. Like star stable.
Get amongst it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Like how you have unlimited trades after each round, chance to bring in whole new stable. Basically everyone should have 10 runners during every round. Is there a league code yet?

I cant even get into it. Bloody Murdoch

I found it in the menu bar of the AFL supercoach site. Log into supercoach as normal and its there
The Indian
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Nullabor
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby helicopterking » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:19 am

helicopterking wrote:Going to combat OnSong to see who reigns supreme, just for shits and gigs.
Balaklava - Hopefully not a huge track bias like last year, where leaders dominated all day. It’s been good
For the last few race days, hopefully it remains the same.

R1- 1 Boxed on well last start, albeit outclassed by the winner, but a repeat performance should see it
Go close here. 8 has improved each run as it goes up in distance, extra 100m today should suit.
Any McEvoy trained horse is a danger. 4, Holder and Sweeney combo, given time after improving runs.
Selections 1,8,6,4
(5,6,8,1

R2-6&7 will lead,, 1 may try to
Come over also. 1 runner from NZ, but this is a weak race. “5 Ran home after getting way out of its ground from a bad gate, gets gate 4 today, should sit closer and and getting to 1600m should benefit with a perfect sit behind them.
Selections 5,1,6,7
7,1,3,6

R3-2 has a bad gate last start, went back for its first time and did nothing. Gate 1 will see a more positive ride. 3, best form is over the shorter trips, first up today, gets a claim to 54kg, never raced with anything less then 57kg. 5 has ran some handy races last campaign,trialed well leading into this and Holder has history with this horse. 9 trialled well, all of its runs were at Morphettville last campaign where it performed well without placing. Tourneur has had a choice of 2 that trialed well. Hard Race.
5,9,3,2
8,2,3,9

R4- 1 may still be a race away from hitting its straps. 2 was disappointing first up, got back and failed to run on. 5 gets back in its races, from 6, shouldnget a nice cart behind them, speed on the race is a concern. 8 runs some good races, then runs a shocker. Could bob up.
Not a lot of speed,If 2 sits in the top 3-4 I think it wins.
2,5,1,8
2,8,1,5

R5- 1 has 3 wins on the track, last 3 starts has stayed at 1600m, up to 2200, will sit just off a fast enough pace,drop in grade looks set to peak.
2 is up a lot in weight, too short for me. 4 looks to track well into the race from a nice gate. Not sure how they will ride 6, probably just off the speed, 2kg claim helps. 9 took on too much distance last start, back to 2200m suits. 7 is the most lightly raced and might have the most upside of all of these.
1, 4,7,6
7,6,9,3

R6- 3 kicked off in a similar race last campaign and won, awkward gate. Fav 4 only 1 placing from 6 attempts at track is a concern. 5 went back from a horrible gate and made a little ground. Up in distance and barrier 3 ticks all the boxes.
6 has some some handy races at this track and looks to settle in a good position. 7 Nistann form I like, but up sharply in weight.
5,3,7,4
5,7,4,2

R7-11 is flying. Trainer very confident. 2 will take it on and well weighted after the claim and they will go pretty quick. 4 will sit just off the speed and get a good run. 8 and 12 will get back, and why long odds, could run into the top 4.
11,2,4,8
2,4,11,6

R8- I dont see too much speed. I think the 1 is poorly weighted.
5 is the class, not sure this was its race it was set for.
4 Is nicely weighted, was only 0.4 off the 1 a few starts back and meets it 5kg better off. 2 will get a nice run on speed and will right in the finish.
6 was a nice win last start and a repeat run will go close.
4,2,5,6
4,1,9,10

R9- 1 after a nice first up run looks good. Barrier 5 leaves it with plenty of options. 2 going up in grade was impressive but a risk up in grade. 3 peaks 3rd up, Tourneur sticks, good value.7 is the leader and has no weight and 8 will get a cosy run and if it gets Luck will go close.
1, 2,3,8
1,10,7,4

Personally, I will play mostly Ex & F4s. Go a little wider on 4th place.
Good Luck, cracking day.


Not a bad day, around the mark. 4 First selections won.
Brown Ben got me a nice win collect.
Nice work OnSong with the preview, got this forum up and about again.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5403
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 610 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby The Indian » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:34 am

helicopterking wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Going to combat OnSong to see who reigns supreme, just for shits and gigs.
Balaklava - Hopefully not a huge track bias like last year, where leaders dominated all day. It’s been good
For the last few race days, hopefully it remains the same.

R1- 1 Boxed on well last start, albeit outclassed by the winner, but a repeat performance should see it
Go close here. 8 has improved each run as it goes up in distance, extra 100m today should suit.
Any McEvoy trained horse is a danger. 4, Holder and Sweeney combo, given time after improving runs.
Selections 1,8,6,4
(5,6,8,1

R2-6&7 will lead,, 1 may try to
Come over also. 1 runner from NZ, but this is a weak race. “5 Ran home after getting way out of its ground from a bad gate, gets gate 4 today, should sit closer and and getting to 1600m should benefit with a perfect sit behind them.
Selections 5,1,6,7
7,1,3,6

Smashed it with the Quaddie legs. Well played

R3-2 has a bad gate last start, went back for its first time and did nothing. Gate 1 will see a more positive ride. 3, best form is over the shorter trips, first up today, gets a claim to 54kg, never raced with anything less then 57kg. 5 has ran some handy races last campaign,trialed well leading into this and Holder has history with this horse. 9 trialled well, all of its runs were at Morphettville last campaign where it performed well without placing. Tourneur has had a choice of 2 that trialed well. Hard Race.
5,9,3,2
8,2,3,9

R4- 1 may still be a race away from hitting its straps. 2 was disappointing first up, got back and failed to run on. 5 gets back in its races, from 6, shouldnget a nice cart behind them, speed on the race is a concern. 8 runs some good races, then runs a shocker. Could bob up.
Not a lot of speed,If 2 sits in the top 3-4 I think it wins.
2,5,1,8
2,8,1,5

R5- 1 has 3 wins on the track, last 3 starts has stayed at 1600m, up to 2200, will sit just off a fast enough pace,drop in grade looks set to peak.
2 is up a lot in weight, too short for me. 4 looks to track well into the race from a nice gate. Not sure how they will ride 6, probably just off the speed, 2kg claim helps. 9 took on too much distance last start, back to 2200m suits. 7 is the most lightly raced and might have the most upside of all of these.
1, 4,7,6
7,6,9,3

R6- 3 kicked off in a similar race last campaign and won, awkward gate. Fav 4 only 1 placing from 6 attempts at track is a concern. 5 went back from a horrible gate and made a little ground. Up in distance and barrier 3 ticks all the boxes.
6 has some some handy races at this track and looks to settle in a good position. 7 Nistann form I like, but up sharply in weight.
5,3,7,4
5,7,4,2

R7-11 is flying. Trainer very confident. 2 will take it on and well weighted after the claim and they will go pretty quick. 4 will sit just off the speed and get a good run. 8 and 12 will get back, and why long odds, could run into the top 4.
11,2,4,8
2,4,11,6

R8- I dont see too much speed. I think the 1 is poorly weighted.
5 is the class, not sure this was its race it was set for.
4 Is nicely weighted, was only 0.4 off the 1 a few starts back and meets it 5kg better off. 2 will get a nice run on speed and will right in the finish.
6 was a nice win last start and a repeat run will go close.
4,2,5,6
4,1,9,10

R9- 1 after a nice first up run looks good. Barrier 5 leaves it with plenty of options. 2 going up in grade was impressive but a risk up in grade. 3 peaks 3rd up, Tourneur sticks, good value.7 is the leader and has no weight and 8 will get a cosy run and if it gets Luck will go close.
1, 2,3,8
1,10,7,4

Personally, I will play mostly Ex & F4s. Go a little wider on 4th place.
Good Luck, cracking day.


Not a bad day, around the mark. 4 First selections won.
Brown Ben got me a nice win collect.
Nice work OnSong with the preview, got this forum up and about again.


On Fire with the Quaddie Legs
The Indian
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:37 pm
Location: Nullabor
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Meadows

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am

I was having a poop day until the 5th at Belmont where my theory of Pike always coming 2nd on faves worked, the tri clawed me back .

I then went to back 10,11 & 12 for the exacta in the 4th at Bathurst and some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I was having a poop day until the 5th at Belmont where my theory of Pike always coming 2nd on faves worked, the tri clawed me back .

I then went to back 10,11 & 12 for the exacta in the 4th at Bathurst and some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.

www.tab.com.au

Evolve mate :lol:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
User avatar
OnSong
Coach
 
Posts: 10375
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:53 pm
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 467 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:52 am

The Indian wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
The Indian wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Supercoach for horses starts up. Like star stable.
Get amongst it

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Like how you have unlimited trades after each round, chance to bring in whole new stable. Basically everyone should have 10 runners during every round. Is there a league code yet?

I cant even get into it. Bloody Murdoch

I found it in the menu bar of the AFL supercoach site. Log into supercoach as normal and its there

I know where it is, the page just doesnt load up for me.
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 45977
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 7780 times
Been liked: 2051 times

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 am

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I was having a poop day until the 5th at Belmont where my theory of Pike always coming 2nd on faves worked, the tri clawed me back .

I then went to back 10,11 & 12 for the exacta in the 4th at Bathurst and some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.

http://www.tab.com.au

Evolve mate :lol:

I have, I find the app closes off way before start time though, I also feel the need to screw the ticket up and aim for the bin when I lose.

I lost a bet last week on my phone, I had to borrow someone else's losing ticket to screw up and throw. :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 37108
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 2496 times
Been liked: 4504 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests