PRACTICAL PUNTING DAILY

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: PRACTICAL PUNTING DAILY

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm

yeah it does but i always make those silly errors so now i just laugh it off :lol:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12335 times
Been liked: 3926 times

Postby stampy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:19 pm

stampy wrote:good work MT!!

oops
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 345 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:55 am

best day so far yesterday with 2 wins and 2 seconds from the 4 selections and all 3 bet types returning profits over 100%, after 6 days the win bet is in front with a 27% profit, place a loss of 14% and e/w winning 13%,

here are todays offerings:

Friday, October 21, 2011
Posted @ 8:08 am
WANGARATTA RACE FOUR: 7 the eachway selection

Tipster: BRIAN BLACKWELL

There was nothing wrong with the last start performance of (7) Wayne 4/1 so I'm confident we'll see a big run from him in race 4, a Mdn Plate 1400m at Wangaratta on Friday.

Terry Kelly's 5YO was buried well back settling down in a Mdn 1100m at Ballarat on Oct 5 but he moved through nicely on the inner in the home straight. He was held up for clear running in the final stages and was a little unlucky to finish only 5th/16 to Call The Law, btn 1.6 lens. That was his first start for 12 months. Kelly now lifts him 300m in distance and it should be ideal. His second best race rating was in a Mdn 1400m at Hamilton on Oct 5 last year, when he was btn 2 lens into 2nd/10 behind Amun Ra. He has an apprentice rider aboard so there's a 3kgs claim, which gets him in with 55kgs in the 'set wgts' setup. The danger is likely to come from the David Hayes trained (13) Wagen 2/1f, a bold 2nd/12 Sale 1213m Mdn on Oct 7, btn a length after travelling deep. The 3Yo is a promising type.

WANGARATTA RACE EIGHT: 2 the eachway selection

A 'battering' 200m from home cost (2) Undercurrent 7/2 any chance last start, so I'm inclined to give the 5YO another chance in race 8, an RB68 hdcp 1170m at Wangaratta.

Undercurrent is trained on the track and has won all his 3 starts there - the latest two runs back when he carried 59kgs and scored over the 1000m trip on Oct 3. Last start, he was slowly away in an RB68 Showcase hdcp 1000m at Seymour on Oct 16 and found himself buried back in the ruck settling down. He was starting to put in a finishing effort near the 200m but then got caught between runners and was severely hampered, bouncing from one horse to the other. Any chance was lost. He finished 12th/13, btn 7.5 lens. I think we'll see a different scenario today. Another local, (1) Penguin Car 4/1 should provide the main opposition. The 5YO returns off a spell since Mar 20 but he's a good first-up performer. In fact, his best rating was a first-up win over 1000m at Wangaratta on Jan 17.

Friday, October 21, 2011
Posted @ 8:29 am
MUSWELLBROOK RACE TWO: 14 the eachway selection

Locally trained 4YO (14) Roman Casanova 16/1 might spring a first-up surprise in race 2, a Mdn hdcp 1280m at Muswellbrook on Friday.

The Foreplay gelding's formlines don't look too flash but his best ratings indicate he has a chance against today's field. This will be his first outing since his 7th/7 in a Mdn 2100m at Gosford on Feb 10. I think we need to forget about his more recent performances. He has run well in barrier trials at Scone and Quirindi recently so it looks like he could be tuned up to ping at his home track. Today's race has 2 dominant chances - (1) Bell's Express 5/4f and (4) Hadeed 4/1 and I think we need to use them to advantage in the exotics. Bell's Express, trained by Kris Lees, ran 3rd/10 Gosford 1200m Mdn on Oct 6 while Hadeed was 5th/12 Muswellbrook 1000m Mdn oin Sep 19 when first-up since June 23.

SINGAPORE on Friday night: It's a Niceone
Friday, October 21, 2011
Posted @ 7:10 am
Tips from TOMMY YAO

Kranji (Singapore) on Friday

Race 1: (5) COMANCHE

Race 3: (4) NICEONE

Friday, October 21, 2011
Posted @ 9:48 am
Tips from ADRIAN MIDDLETON

UK racing on Friday night

Newbury R5: (6) MAIN FOCUS 5/1 in early market...Drowne/Gosden AOK; June 8 1st/10 Kempton 6f x 3 lens; go well f/up.

Doncaster R5: (20) R WOODY 20/1...Eachway; Sep 19 5th/15 Leicester 5f; rear settling, strong finale; working well.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:53 am

havent done the sums yet but it was a crap day with only one winner at odds on, hopefully today is better, so far only one tip from NZ will post others as they come to hand

Saturday, October 22, 2011
Posted @ 7:22 am
From NEIL FRANKLYN

NZ Daily Specials tip for Saturday

Ellerslie R4: (1) FAST LOVE
Posted @ 8:26 am
Alan Jacobs' best bet for Saturday, October 22

Moonee Valley R8: (13) KING'S ROSE eachway

Cox Plate: Dip your lid to Helmet
Posted @ 8:24 am
MOONEE VALLEY RACE EIGHT: 14 the eachway selection

I usually like to tip against the favorites in major Grp 1 races but I admit to finding it very difficult to go against (14) Helmet 9/4 in race 8, the Cox Plate 2040m at Moonee Valley on Saturday.

Given his potent formlines, he looks to be very nicely treated under the WFA scale with just 49.5kgs. He's a big, strong galloper and I suspect he's going to relish going over the 2000m+ journey at this stage of his campaign (fifth run). He easily won the Grp 1 Caulfield Guineas 1600m on Oct 8 and he won the Prelkude 1400m on Sep 24 in comfortable fashion. Peter Snowden will have him tuned up. I think we are looking at an exceptional racehorse. On the 'danger' side, I am a fan of the bonny mare (12) Secret Admirer 10/1. I watched a replay of her Epsom 1600m win last night and it only underlined my initial view that it was a scintilatling victory which few horses could have achieved given the task that Secret Admirer was set. So I think Grahame Begg's 4YO will be deadset OK at the 2040m - she can sit off them and hopefully produce her trademark finale.

MOONEE VALLEY RACE SEVEN: 6 the eachway selection

Two bold performances at his latest starts should give (6) Luen Yat Forever 9/2 a winning chance in race 7, the Crystal Mile 1600m (Grp 2) at Moonee Valley.

This 6Yo certainly deserves to break through. He was terrific when 5th/17 to Toorak Toff in the Grp 1 Sir Rupert Clarke 1400m at Caulfield on Sep 24 and he maintained the form with an excellent 3rd/13 to King Mufhasa in the Toorak 1600m, also grp 1, at Caulfield on Oct 8. Today's his day, I suggest.
Posted @ 8:07 am
MOONEE VALLEY RACE TWO: 1 the eachway selection

The WA filly (1) Bliss Street 10/1 let us down last start but I fancy she can still measure up when she tackles race 2, the Jeeps Stakes 1600m (3YO Fillies, Listed) at Moonee Valley on Saturday.

I'm keeping very firmly in mind that she ran up against the brilliant Atlantic Jewel last time out in the Thousand Guineas 1600m at Grp 1 level at Caulfield on Oct 12. She goes down a few notches in today's race. If we forget her latest run, then Bliss Street ticks some boxes. Three starts back she ripped home from the rear on the turn to score a Grp 3 win at Caulfield 1400m, and next start she raced up on the pace for 2nd/12 to Mosheen in the grp 2 Edward Manifold 1600m at Flemington. Nothing wrong with those formlines. She has to carry 59.5kgs today and this is the tester for her. But I am quietly confident she can deliver.

ROSEHILL RACE SIX: 4 the eachway selection

I don't know how much extra ground (4) Adnocon 15/1 covered last start but it was plenty and he did a remarkable job to finish only 2.7 lens from the winner - so, bearing this in mind, and noting his better barrier draw, I am going for him as an eachway special for race 6, a 3YO hdcp 1400m at Rosehill.

Gerald Ryan's 6YO finished 4th.15 to today's favorite (8) Somepin Anypin 5/4f over the Rosehill Gdns 1350m on Oct 8. He was trapped very wide all the way from gate #13 and wheeled into the straight on the outside of the field but maintained a strong run to the line. Adam Hyeronimus claims 3kgs so Adnocon is in with 54kgs, meaning he meets Somepin Anypin 1kg better - not much, but something. He likes today's distance (2 wins and 3 placings from 15 tries) so I think he will push the favorite to the wire.

ips from ADRIAN MIDDLETON

UK racing on Saturday night

Aintree R1: (3) RUMBLE OF THUNDER 6/1 in early market...Eachway; Sep 24 1st/15 Mkt Rasen 17f Gd 1; going well.

Doncaster R4: (3) FENCING 3/1...Buick/Goseden AAOK; Aug 13 1st/7 Newbury 7f; now off 70 days; ready.

Newbury R3: (5) AL KAZEEM 7/2...Sep 17 2nd/8 Newbury 11f; good reports.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:54 am

its got to get better dont it?

Sunday, October 23, 2011
Posted @ 8:20 am
SALE RACE SEVEN: 8 the eachway selection

If we forgive and forget the last start unplaced run of (8) Belgietto 5/1 then we can give the 5YO a good eachway chance in race 7, the Sale Cup 1600m at Sale on Sunday.

Peter Gelagotis's Bel Esprit gelding found the trip too short when 8th/9 to Spirited Eagle over 1400m at Cranbourne on Oct 9. He was btn 4.3 lens but I liked the way he clicked into gear in the final 50m. Today he's going over the 'mile' and this is what he needs. His record at 1600m shows 7 starts for 3 wins and two 3rds. Add to that a winning run at his only outing at the Sale track, plus a 2.5kgs weight drop, and the picture becomes more even more appealing. The formline I'm taking is Belgietto's 3rd/13 to Testa My Patience (a Valley winner yesterday) at Caulfield 1600m on Mar 26. He meets a strong field today and will need luck, whichg hopefully he'll secure from gate #2. Danny O'Brien's 5YO (7) Eraset 4/1 appeals as a danger runner. His last start Caulfield 1600m 2nd/11 to Happy Trails on Oct 12 looks like a potent formline, and he gets a weight easing of 5.5kgs.

SALE RACE FOUR: 3 the eachway selection

Locally trained (3) Stroemsky 5/2 turned in a remarkable effort to run 3rd last start, so I'm keen to back him in race 4, a Mdn Plate 1600m at Sale.

The 4YO, trained by Ian Hutchins, came from a long last at the 600m to wheel around the field and sustain a powerful run from the top of the straight to finish 3rd/13 to Alrouz in an RB62 hdcp 1200m at Cranbourne on Oct 9. He could have been forgiven had he wilted in the final 200m but to his credit the Elvstroem gelding just kept on coming, finishing 2.5 lens from the winner. That was his first start since May 21. Hutchins now lifts him to 1600m and gives him a significant drop in class back to Mdn ranks, though several runners are likely to push him hard.

Posted @ 8:44 am
TERANG RACE SIX: 8 the eachway selection

Over from Tasmania, (8) Norsqui 12/1 appeals as a strong eachway chance for race 6, the Terang Cup 2150m at Terang on Sunday.

The Matsqui 5YO is ideally suited by the distance of the race - he's had 7 tries at the trip for 4 wins and one 2nd. He's a last start winner at Hobart 2100m in BM78 class on Sep 25 and I think we can rest assured that connections will have kept him ticking over nicely in the last month. Overall, his record is excellent (5 wins, 5 placings from 19 starts) and it includes a 2400m win at Sandown Hillside in RB78 class on May 11. The danger? Probably (7) Excluded 2/1f from the Hickmott-Williams team. He has to leap 550m in distance on his last start 3rd/11 at Caulfield 1600m on Oct 12 but that shouldn't stop him being a key contender.

HONG KONG on Sunday: King reigns
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Posted @ 7:23 am
Tips from KEVIN KNIGHT

Happy Valley on Sunday

Race 7: (1) SPACE RACE

Race 9: (2) KING MOSSMAN

SINGAPORE on Sunday: Mr Big rules
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Posted @ 7:17 am
Tips from TOMMY YAO

Kranji (Singapore) on Sunday

Race 5: (2) THE COMEDIAN

Race 8: (9) MR BIG
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 am

2 winners at kranji, both very short, better than losers i s'pose

Monday, October 24, 2011
Posted @ 7:51 am
COONABARABRAN RACE SEVEN: 1 the eachway selection

If he produces his best form, (1) Southern Shimmer 2/1 should dispose of his rivals in race 7, the Coonabarabran Cup 1600m at Coonabarabran on Monday.

The Ross Stitt trained 4YO has put together a strong career record - 18 starts for 8 wins and 4 placings. Two starts back he crushed the Dubbo Cup 1600m field, scoring by 1.8 lens, coming from 9th on the turn with a big finale. Last start, he was 6th/12 in an OMW hdcp at Eagle Farm 1600m but had little luck. He raced wide for most of the race and just didn't handle the heavy conditions. The one query I have is that Southern Shimmer has gone through a testing campaign and I expect this race to be the final one this time in. Has he had enough? I'm prepared to give him the chance. Danger? Probably (5) Granite Bluff 6/1, who ran 1.8 lens 2nd/10 to Southern Shimmer in the Dubbo Cup 1600m and now meets him 4.5kgs better off.
Posted @ 8:31 am
PAKENHAM RACE SEVEN: 7 the eachway selection

Pat Carey's mare (7) Dame Claire 10/1 should be up to the challenge of the 2428m journey in race 7, an RB62 hdcp, at Pakenham on Monday.

I'm taking the formline via the Danehill Dancer 4YO's 5th/12 to Right of Refusal in a Listed class race over the Flemington 2800m trip on April 25. That was the 'peak' rating of her career. She comes in today for the fifth start of her current campaign so she should be fit enough for the task. Last start she finished 9th/14 in an RB62 at Cranbourne 2025m on Oct 13 but she was very slowly away and made ground from the turn, though she basically cruised home when Peter Mertens realised the cause was lost.

Posted @ 2:33 pm
Tips from SIMON HALL

UK racing on Monday night

Radcar R3: (10) ZAEEM 7/4...Fallon/Godolphin AAOK; Oct 11 3rd/11 Leicester 8f; trailked 3rd rails.

Redcar R4: (1) TRUE TO FORM 4/5f...Fallon aboard; Oct 15 off 53 dayts 1st/10 Wolver 9f; repeat.

Leicester R1: (4) YOJIMBO 3/1...Moore/Channon AAOK; Oct 9 2nd/13 Goodwood 8f; fancied.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:34 am

one winner and 3 placiings from 5 bets yesterday so a small profit across the 3 bet types but after 19 days the win bet is the only one close to being in the black at -$2.90, place -$15.80 and e/w -$18.70. At this stage it looks like i will be seeking my $220 refund, they are claiming yesterdays coonabarabran cup winner as a selection as BB listed it as a danger to the favourite that he selected.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Posted @ 8:01 am
TAREE RACE SEVEN: 2 the eachway selection

Drawn well, and backed-up by a string of bold runs last campaign, (2) Big Bad Joel 8/1 appeals as an eachway special for race 7, the Taree & Forster Cup (c&g) 1250m at Taree on Tuesday.

The Kris Lees trained 6YO is resuming off a break since running 4th/15 in a BM65 at Scone 1400m on May 13. He was btn only a half length by Romanus, conceding that horse 2kgs. Two runs back he won a Cl 2 over 1300m at Newcastle on Apr 30, finishing well from 5th on the turn. Big Bad Joel has had 11 starts at 1250m for 2 wins and 5 placings. I fancy Lees will have him tuned to the minute for his return to the racetrack in this prestigious country track race. He's drawn well in gate #2 so with a bit of luck he should secure a cosy passage on the inside.

Posted @ 8:56 am
SEYMOUR RACE SEVEN: 6 the eachway selection

Colin Little's 5YO (6) Westonrubi 12/1 turned in some good efforts despite racing greenly last campaign and he may well make a strong return to racing off a break in race 7, an RB62 hdcp 1412m at Seymour on Tuesday.

The Rubiton gelding is having his first start since May 26 when he ran 8th/14 Sale 1700m RB62 SC behind the smart Lopov, btn 5.3 lens. Before that he came home well after tracking deep all the way to score a Mdn 1700m win at Sale on May 8. Much depends on whether connections have Westonrubi ready to 'ping' first-up. It's interesting that when he resumed last time in he was sent over 1200m and ran 8th/13 Ballarat on Apr 3 - but today he's going over 1412m, perhaps an indication that he's at a fitter and tougher level? I like the jockey switch to Michelle Payne - she's riding really well. The main danger is likely to be the David Hayes trained (4) Seeyasoon 7/4f. The 4YO raced wide when 9th/9 at Canterbury 1250m in OMW class on Oct 5. That followed his 3rd/12 Morphettville Park 1250m on Sep 21, btn 1.8 lens.

UK racing on Tuesday night: Mission possible
Posted @ 1:42 pm

UK racing on Tuesday night

Yarmouth R1: (2) COMMEND 5/1 in early market...Newcomer; powerful stable Stoute/RMoore AAOK; pleasing prep.

Yarmouth R3: (9) NOBLE MISSION 6/4...Queally/Cecil AOK; Frankel's brother; working strongly.

Chepstow R1: (9) PROSPECT WELLS 5/4...Bold Flat form; pleasing jumps prep; expected go well.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:19 am

'King' Craig can be the Emperor at Bendigo
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Posted @ 8:29 am
BENDIGO RACE SEVEN: 6 the eachway selection

Craig Williams is currently 'king' of the big-race jockeys and I suggest he can don the emperor's clothes aboard (6) The Red Emperor 7/2 in race 7, an RB68 hdcp 2200m at Bendigo on Wednesday.

This 6YO, trained by Doug Harrison, has been racing well without notching a win over the last few months. He stayed on stoutly in an oddly-paced race for 4th/8, btn 1.4 lens, at Bendigo 2200m in RB72 class on Oct 6, and before that he was 3rd/15 over 2400m in RB72 at Sandown-L on Sep 14, btn a long neck. Those are sound formlines. He's back in RB68 class today and he comes into the race fully fit and in form. Plus, of course, he has the jockey-of-the-moment Craig Williams to guide him. The danger could come from the Leon Corstens trained 4YO (10) Builder O'Reilly 12/1, who ran on stoutly for 2nd/14 in an RB62 at Cranbourne 2025m on Oct 13, btn 2 lens. He drops 2.5kgs and I think hge will appreciate today's trip.

BENDIGO RACE EIGHT: 6 the eachway selection

Believing, as I do, that French stayer Dunaden can the Melbourne Cup, I have to give strong credence to the frecent Geelong Cup formline and that means I regard (6) Tanby 3/1 as the main chance for race 8, the Bendigo Cup 2400m at Bendigo.

Tanby finished three-quarters of a length 2nd/13 to Dunaden in the 2400m Geelong Cup on Oct 19. That followed his game 2nd/15 to Shewan in the Grp 2 Herbert Power 2400m at Caulfield on Oct 8. Those two outings will surely have him fit and ready for today's assignment? On form, the danger runner is going to be his stablemate (1) At First Sight 2/1f. The 5YO ran 2nd/16 to December Draw in the Grp 3 Naturalism 2000m at Caulfield on Sep 17. That was his third Aussie start since coming over from England. He is obviously a top type. However, the one little niggle is that he hasn't raced for almost 6 weeks. If he's 100%, the 5YO will be right in the finish - after all, his formlines include 5th in the Grp 1 Irish Derby 2400m behind Cape Blanco!

BENDIGO RACE FOUR: 5 the eachway selection

Locally trained (5) Sparks Alight 7/4 has been good to us recently and I fancy she'll maintain momentum in race 4, an RB78 hdcp (fillies & mares) 1400m at Bendigo.

The 4YO, trained by Shane Fliedner, won by 4.3 lens in an RB68 1300m at Bendigo on Oct 15, and that followed strong performances for 3rd/14 Bendigo 1300m RB68 SC on Oct 6 and 3rfd/8 Bendigo 1600m RB68 SC on Sep 22. Before that she was a Cl 1 winner at Bendigo 1400m on Sep 11. She's on her favorite track, she's in top form and Michelle Payne is aboard. The factors line up well. The danger? I thought (1) Mayneda Strategy 9/4 shaped well at her first run off a spell for a 2.4 lens 7th/12 in Listed class over 1200m at Caulfield on Oct 8. She's in with 56kgs after the 3kgs claim for Tom Sadler.
Whispering Death can come alive at Bendigo
Posted @ 8:38 am
BENDIGO RACE ONE: 9 the eachway selection

The David Hayes trained (9) Whispering Death 10/1 ran on well last start and I figure he'll appreciate the extra 100m when he tackles race 1, a Mdn Plate 1100m at Bendigo on Wednesday.

The Sequalo 3YO was buried back on the rails to the turn in a Mdn 1000m at Echuca on Oct 11. He had to secure gaps on the inner in the final 200m and he picked up strongly when clear in the final stages to finish a closing 3rd/12, btn 3 lens, behind Le Remas. He's now having his fifth run this campaign and if he's going to notch a win then this has to be the race for him. I like the fact that the experienced Dwayne Dunn is aboard. The danger should be (3) Hermes 9/2 from the Shaun Dwyer stable. He did well for 3rd/10 Bendigo 1100m Mdn on Oct 15 when first-up since Jan 23.

UK racing on Wednesday night: That's the Spirit
Posted @ 3:08 pm

UK racing on Wednesday night

Musselburgh R1: (2) WHISPERING SPIRIT 7/2 in early market...Sep 29 2nd/10 (0.75) Wolv 9f; good formlines.

Haydock Park R2: (3) BROTHER BOB 4/1...Sep 27 off 206 days 3rd/9 Sedgefield 20f; fancied.

Nottingham R4: (11) MOIDORE 9/4...Working well; Oct 11 3rd/11 Leicester 8f, pushed wide; ready.

HONG KONG on Wednesday night: Kid for the KO
Posted @ 2:34 pm
Tips from KEVIN KNIGHT

Happy Valley on Wednesday night

Race 5: (9) LONGWAH KID

Race 6: (5) GROOVY
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

Thursday, October 27, 2011
Posted @ 8:46 am
BALLARAT RACE THREE: 1 the eachway selection

Chopped out at the 200m when launching a bold finale at Echuca last start, (1) Con Thrust 5/1 gets his chance to strike back in race 3, a Mdn Plate 1400m at Ballarat on Thursday.

The 5YO, trained by Heath Conners, was first-up from a lengthy break when 7th/13 to Anlon in a Mdn 1200m at Echuca on Oct 11, btn 5.3 lens. He should have been much closer. Held up on the home turn, he got clear but then was badly hampered in a tighten-up at the 200m, just as he was starting to put himself into the race and the possibility of at least a placing. He lost all chance in the incident but balanced up and then ran to the line strongly. Today he's lifted 200m in distance and I suggest this will be ideal. The danger runner might be Peter Moody's unraced Carnegie 3YO (8) Daley 2/1f. He's an OTI Racing syndicate galloper so we can expect him to have some ability.

Posted @ 9:02 am
BALLARAT RACE EIGHT: 10 the eachway selection

With Listed Race form in NZ, (10) Dolmabache 9/1 appeals as an eachway job for race 8, an RB68 Country Showcase hdcp 1600m at Ballarat on Thursday.

The 4YO Redoute's Choice 4YO ran 5th/13 at Matamata 1600m Rtg70 on Oct 8, btn 3 lengths. That followed her 2nd/16 over 1400m at Te Rapa on Sep 16, btn a nose. Go back earlier in the year and she ran 6th/16 at Listed level at Riccarton 2000m and 7th/15 Ellerslie 2100m, also Listed, on Mar 9. These are solid formlines for a race like today's. Ben Melham is booked, the draw is fine and the distance should be ideal.
Posted @ 1:52 pm

UK racing on Thursday night

Lingfield R4: (3) CITRUS STAR 7/1 in early market...Eachway chance; Sep 24 6th/14 (2.75) Newmarket 7f; working well.

Fontwell Pk R2: (9) PARIGINO 10/1...Eachway; sound Flat form France; schooling nicely.

Stratford R4: (2) SHUIL ROYALE 2/1...Mar 22 1st/109 Kempton Pk 16f (1.0); excellent form.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:50 am

3 winners from 5 selections yesterday - $3.70, $5.10 and a pommy winner @$8.00 gave a good profit for the day, here are todays

DAY RACING: Mossglow's form shines for Stawell
Friday, October 28, 2011
Posted @ 7:48 am
STAWELL RACE THREE: 2 the eachway selection

**NIGHT RACING COVERAGE: From 2pm

Terry Kelly's 4YO (2) Mossglow 7/1 did enough on debut to suggest he's a good chance in race 3, a Mdn Plate 1300m at Stawell on Friday.

The Mossman gelding got back about 9th settling down in a Mdn 1000m at Donald on Oct 10 but produced a nice finale, although he struck trouble securing a clear passage from the 200m. He went to the line well to finish 5th/13, btn 4.5 lens. Kelly is now lifting him 300m in distance and this should be ideal. The opposition is moderate, Mossglow has the inside gate and there's a jockey switch to the reliable Dean Yendall.

SINGAPORE racing on Friday night: Friendly fire
Friday, October 28, 2011
Posted @ 8:43 am
Tips from TOMMY YAO

Kranji on Friday night

Race 2: (5) KING'S FRIEND
Race 8: (3) ATO
GHT RACING: Fawkner gets his chance
Friday, October 28, 2011
Posted @ 12:09 pm
MOONEE VALLEY NIGHT RACE EIGHT: 5 the selection

Tried and proven 'miler' (5) Fawkner 13/8 looks the cinch bet for race 8, an RB78 hdcp 1600m at Moonee Valley on Friday night.

The Reset 4YO has had only 4 career starts - and three of them were over 1600m. He won a Mdn 1600m at Ballarat on Apr 21, followed up with a Sandown-H 1600m win in 3YO RB72 class on May 11, then ran 2nd/12 to Annlea over the Flemington 1600m (3YOs) on May 21, narrowly btn. He was then spelled and returned on Sep 14, finishing 3.5 lens 7th/15 over the Sandown-L 1400m in RB82 class. He will relish the rise to the 1600m tonight. Perhaps the danger will come from the improving 4YO (13)Con Act 5/1, who has won his latest two starts over 1600m in Cl 1 at Echuca and RB68 at Tatura. Both were comfortable victories. Tonight he has 54kgs, which is the lowest weight he's carried in his 6-start career.

MOONEE VALLEY NIGHT RACE TWO: 1 the eachway selection

Even with the steadier of 59kgs, (1) Royal Era 5/2 appeals as the one to beat in race 2, a fillies & mares RB82 hdcp 1600m at Moonee Valley.

Having her first start in Australia, the Zabeel 6YO ran only 8th/15 at Listed level at Caulfield 1600m on Oct 12 but didn't enjoy the best of passages in the straight and lost any realistic chance of figuring in the finish when jostled near the 200m mark. She did, though, go to the post in nice fashion, btn 3.3 lens by the useful Hi Belle. She carried 54.5kgs in that race and leaps to 59kgs tonight - quite a rise but I fancy she can handle it. She's shown some handy form back in NZ, she's a winner and placegetter at the trip, she's drawn well and Michael Rodd is aboard. And, of course, the trainer is Mark Kavanagh.

Race 8: (3) ATO
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 am

Alan Jacobs' best bet for Saturday, Oct 29
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Posted @ 8:30 am
Alan Jacobs' best bet for Saturday, October 29

Flemington R8: (9) MID SUMMER MUSIC eachway

NZ on Saturday: The Jinx factor
Posted @ 8:28 am
Neil Franklyn's NZ Daily Special tip for Saturday

Te Awamutu R6: (3) MAE JINX

Green Moon shoots for the stars in Lexus
Posted @ 8:25 am
FLEMINGTON RACE TWO: 3 the selection

Taking a formline via the Caulfield Cup, (3) Green Moon 2/1 stands out as a cinch chance for race 2, the Grp 3 Lexus Stakes 2500m at Flemington on Saturday.

The Lloyd and Nick Williams owned, Robert Hickmott trained 5YO import is a strong, gutsy stayer. If he wins he gets a clear passage into Tuesday's Melbourne Cup in which he will have a sound eachway chance. Green Moon looked good winning the 2300m Newcastle Gold Cup at Grp 3 on Sep 15 and then he came out and ran a blinder for 2nd/18 in the Caulfield Cup 2400m. Those two performances are surely good enough to say he has today's field covered?

FLEMINGTON RACE FIVE: 12 the eachway selection

The dashing finale of (12) Rekindled Interest 15/4 in the Cox Plate is the signal that he's the prime prospect for race 5, the LKS Mackinnon Stakes (Grp 1, wfa, 2000m) at Flemington.

The Jim Conlan trained 4YO flashed home for 3rd/14 to Pinker Pinker in the Cox Plate 2040m at Moonee Valley. He was very strong at the line. That followed his 5th/12 to december Draw in the Grp 1 Turnbull 2000m at Flem on Oct 2. He simply has to be geared up for today's race.The Caulfield Cup winner (13) Southern Speed 7/1 deserves respect. The 4YO mare raced at Grp 1 wfa level when 2nd/14 (1.3 lens) to Lion Tamer in the Underwood 1800m at Caulfield on Sep 17 so she won't find today's class beyond her. Her Caulfield Cup win was as emphatic as you'll see.

ROSEHILL RACE SEVEN: 5 the eachway selection

I've been patiently waiting for (5) Underthetuscansun 7/1 to reappear after his bold run at Rosehill on Oct 8, and he pops up in race 7, a BM75 hdcp 1200m at Rosehill.

The 7YO appeals as an eachway special. He was most unlucky last time out when 4th/9 to Dystopia in a BM80 at Rosehill 1100m on Oct 8. He was btn only 1.5 lens and should have been much closer. He's had 3 runs this time in and I fancy connections will have him tuned up to ping today. He's drawn well, he's a winner and placegetter at the distance, and he's a got a capable and confident young rider aboard.
iwi pair hold the KO key in Myer Classic
Posted @ 8:50 am
FLEMINGTON RACE SEVEN: 14 and 17 bracket eachway selections

If there's to be a surprise packet in race 7, the Myer Classic (Grp 1, f&m, wfa, 1600m) at Flemington on Saturday then it may come from the Kiwi pair (14) Banchee 40/1 and (17) Guiseppina 30/1.

On the form side of things, taking into account Group form, they certainly appear only on the edges of being key prospects. But they do seem like sharp, improving types who could step up a few notches on their performances in NZ. Both are owned in the same interests though they are with different stables. Banchee is a last start Rtg90 winner at Taupo NZ on Oct 6 but before that she was 7th/16 in a Grp 1 1600m ast Te Aroha on April 9, btn only 1.9 lens. She's also won 2 at 1600m at Ellerslie this year.Guiseppina ran a close 6th/15 at Grp 3 level at Hawera 1400m on Oct 8 and before that was 2nd/16 at Hastings over 1200m in Open hdcp class. So, both these mares are solid performers. Another positive factor is that both have good riders - James McDonald on Banchee and the Brazilian ace Joao Moriera on Guiseppina. On the form side, of course, (1) More Joyous 7/4 stands out and will surely have a role to play in the finish, as should (16)Mosheen 7/2.

Video View selection for Saturday, Oct 29
Friday, October 28, 2011
Posted @ 3:35 pm
Video View selection for Saturday, Oct 29

Flemington R6: (10) NIAGARA
Last edited by stampy on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:59 am

f*ck,,,,, they have tipped a couple in melb im on.
might aswell throw out the ticket now.....lol
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:03 am

Johno6 wrote:f*ck,,,,, they have tipped a couple in melb im on.
might aswell throw out the ticket now.....lol

ha ha, i reckon green moon is a good bet, the others i am not so sure about
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 am

i really like green moon and rekindled interest,

good luck today man, hopefully a good day for us all..
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:30 am

Johno6 wrote:i really like green moon and rekindled interest,

fingers crossed johno i have gone big on green moon, well big for me anyway, fingers crossed as they have jumped
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:35 am

stampy wrote:
Johno6 wrote:i really like green moon and rekindled interest,

fingers crossed johno i have gone big on green moon, well big for me anyway, fingers crossed as they have jumped

so ******* much for that :evil:
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

i thought Green moon was terrible odds, but it ran terribly - something not right with the horse for it to go that bad.

i wonder what the break down is for the tipsters

alan Jacobs, blackwell and then the international tipsters??
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:i thought Green moon was terrible odds, but it ran terribly - something not right with the horse for it to go that bad.

i wonder what the break down is for the tipsters

alan Jacobs, blackwell and then the international tipsters??

i am keeping a record of how many winners and places they are tipping, based on $1 bets you would be showing a profit of $4.50 on win bets, place and e/w betting are well behind, $15.60 and $11.10 respectively.

both the last 2 thursdays have been the best 2 days by far. There have been a couple of good priced pommy winners an $8 and $9.50, singapore and HK winners have all been pretty short
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:29 pm

do they give you a staking plan?

are the results they publish based on win only bets?
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby stampy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:10 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:do they give you a staking plan?

are the results they publish based on win only bets?

no to the first question, as for the second i havent seen any results published
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room