Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 am

Well done yesty HK.

Was satisfied with my form study, generally in good areas although I was against Miss Brixton and it got up. Then again, the market was against it too, so I don't feel so bad about that.

Brown Ben, well it carried different form lines in to a few but Calvin was right about it, stiff last year, stiff the year before. Glad HK found it.

Track played superbly well, weather was excellent. Hopefully the club can rebuild the crowd
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I was having a poop day until the 5th at Belmont where my theory of Pike always coming 2nd on faves worked, the tri clawed me back .

I then went to back 10,11 & 12 for the exacta in the 4th at Bathurst and some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.

http://www.tab.com.au

Evolve mate :lol:

I have, I find the app closes off way before start time though, I also feel the need to screw the ticket up and aim for the bin when I lose.

I lost a bet last week on my phone, I had to borrow someone else's losing ticket to screw up and throw. :lol:

Should make a feature that allows you to tear up a bet in the app. Haha
OnSong
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 am

OnSong wrote:Well done yesty HK.

Was satisfied with my form study, generally in good areas although I was against Miss Brixton and it got up. Then again, the market was against it too, so I don't feel so bad about that.

Brown Ben, well it carried different form lines in to a few but Calvin was right about it, stiff last year, stiff the year before. Glad HK found it.

Track played superbly well, weather was excellent. Hopefully the club can rebuild the crowd

Was the crowd poor?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am

More pressing, where is @carey today?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 am

Mr Beefy wrote:

Was the crowd poor?

Not if you followed HK's tips.

Na, it was ok, but when I first went in 2011, it was 10K +, last few years it's been more like 4-5k.
OnSong
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 am

OnSong wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Was the crowd poor?

Na, it was ok, but when I first went in 2011, it was 10K +, last few years it's been more like 4-5k.

Thoughts on Having it as a Saturday Meeting?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 666 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:47 am

OnSong wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Was the crowd poor?

I didn't see anything promoting the day whereas I used to see a lot a few years ago.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:53 am

helicopterking wrote:Thoughts on Having it as a Saturday Meeting?

Then it becomes a "city" meet and loses it's title as the biggest country meet in SA.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

Booney wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Thoughts on Having it as a Saturday Meeting?

Then it becomes a "city" meet and loses it's title as the biggest country meet in SA.

Yeah, "metro" meet it would be.

The only other date the club was keen on as an alternative was Geelong Cup day.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Was the crowd poor?

I didn't see anything promoting the day whereas I used to see a lot a few years ago.

Yep, exposure was limited due to the Tiser not doing it's annual Cup preview, and the club's social media presence is VERY average.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote: some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.

Some years ago at Morphetville a lady was in front of the line trying to have a quinella in AR8 as they were going into the gates for R4. The conversation was heading east with '' which horse has to win? can they finish in any order? what does a unit cost'' & more. The bloke behind her gently lifted her by the elbows & placed her to the side to get on. I don't high five but this was an exception.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:34 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Some years ago at Morphetville a lady was in front of the line trying to have a quinella in AR8 as they were going into the gates for R4. The conversation was heading east with '' which horse has to win? can they finish in any order? what does a unit cost'' & more. The bloke behind her gently lifted her by the elbows & placed her to the side to get on. I don't high five but this was an exception.

My seat at the Reepham is the closest to the tab console, I take Melbourne Cup day off each year and head there, the amount of people that have no idea is quite funny, I have an array of slips with me and fill out the tickets for them to save any fights in the line up.

The bar staff throw a few beers my way too so there's wins all round.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby OnSong » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Some years ago at Morphetville a lady was in front of the line trying to have a quinella in AR8 as they were going into the gates for R4. The conversation was heading east with '' which horse has to win? can they finish in any order? what does a unit cost'' & more. The bloke behind her gently lifted her by the elbows & placed her to the side to get on. I don't high five but this was an exception.

My seat at the Reepham is the closest to the tab console, I take Melbourne Cup day off each year and head there, the amount of people that have no idea is quite funny, I have an array of slips with me and fill out the tickets for them to save any fights in the line up.

It should be a paid position really. Just for the day.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Used to do the same at the Caledonian before they turned it into a blonde wood & stainless steel wine club for retired baristas.
Part that shit me was the 100 deep line up at the console 1 second past the post with office staff clutching their 50c e/w ticket they had on the third placegetter while I was trying to get on the next at Brisbane.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby carey » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Booney wrote:More pressing, where is @carey today?

I’ve been in a world of pain. Still not 100% to be completely honest.

Great day. Smallish crowd had absolutely no baring on my day at all loved it, it must remain a Wednesday in my book.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby OnSong » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:19 am

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:More pressing, where is @carey today?

I’ve been in a world of pain. Still not 100% to be completely honest.

Great day. Smallish crowd had absolutely no baring on my day at all loved it, it must remain a Wednesday in my book.

Needs a revamp or something, yeah?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:05 am

Any good mail for today?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:22 am

Corona Man wrote:Any good mail for today?

Most experts tipping its a favourites day mate, so for most two options I’d guess:

Multi Up faves (Arcadia Queen, Mystic Journey etc) or take great odds on some good quality roughies

Good luck bud, looks a tough day to me
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Corona Man » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:28 am

JK wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Any good mail for today?

Most experts tipping its a favourites day mate, so for most two options I’d guess:

Multi Up faves (Arcadia Queen, Mystic Journey etc) or take great odds on some good quality roughies

Good luck bud, looks a tough day to me

Cheers JK. Mrs C & daughter heading out shopping. I will pick out a few and cheer them home with a bit of luck.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby JK » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:15 am

I’ll prob end up with egg on my face (what’s new lol) but I reckon Mystic Journey might get beat today (got it in a multi as a somewhat saver though)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room