Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby Spargo » Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Was travelling shithouse on Saturday when @Spargo's man got me 40% of a $1000+ tri on Tambo's mate for $8

Was headed twice in the straight but he found a way & got it up. Gave him a double after Vanna Girl won the previous race. He got beaten a nose on Champagne Vega @ $18 earlier in the day too.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 am

Had a Ballarat quaddie yesterday, got the first three legs, missed the last. Oliver, prick.

Anywho, did an all up place my best 1 in each leg for $10.

First leg wins, pays $2.20 the place. Good.

Second leg comes second, $2.30 the place. Better.

Third leg comes second, $2.20 the place. Nice.

Fourth leg paying $3.60 the place......yes, yes, it comes 4th after packing up 50 out. Yes. Yes indeed.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby OnSong » Mon May 11, 2020 10:16 am

Booney wrote:Had a Ballarat quaddie yesterday, got the first three legs, missed the last. Oliver, prick.

Fourth leg paying $3.60 the place......yes, yes, it comes 4th after packing up 50 out. Yes. Yes indeed.

The great game
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 10:58 am

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Was travelling shithouse on Saturday when @Spargo's man got me 40% of a $1000+ tri on Tambo's mate for $8

Was headed twice in the straight but he found a way & got it up. Gave him a double after Vanna Girl won the previous race. He got beaten a nose on Champagne Vega @ $18 earlier in the day too.

I know, I had given up on him, I had him on Vanna girl put the placings stuffed me.

I try to switch off of the racing until 2pm, I usually do alright in the later races, it's bloody hard to keep myself occupied though, especially if it's raining, I can't even go and mow the lawns.

I've bee pretty lucky lately even going against my 2pm curfew, I got my arse kicked last Saturday but apart form that I've came out well up for the last 5 weeks, I try not break tradition if I'm have a purple patch, If I'm winning at home I'll avoid any invitations, if I'm winning at my brothers house, I'll keep punting there on a Saturday until it all turns to shit again.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

I know, I had given up on him, I had him on Vanna girl put the placings stuffed me.

I try to switch off of the racing until 2pm, I usually do alright in the later races, it's bloody hard to keep myself occupied though, especially if it's raining, I can't even go and mow the lawns.

I've bee pretty lucky lately even going against my 2pm curfew, I got my arse kicked last Saturday but apart form that I've came out well up for the last 5 weeks, I try not break tradition if I'm have a purple patch, If I'm winning at home I'll avoid any invitations, if I'm winning at my brothers house, I'll keep punting there on a Saturday until it all turns to shit again.
Not superstitious then...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Booney » Mon May 11, 2020 11:40 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Not superstitious then...

Only a little stitious, yes.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 11:47 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Not superstitious then...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

A mixture of that and OCD is hard to deal with.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Mon May 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Spargo wrote:

Naturally I was on Deep Image which couldn't quite get there. Had it in a quinella with Bandipur too which wasn't far away in 5th. Seemed to be the story of my day - As soon as a mate sent me a tip for his mates horse (Bajan) which I didn't back, then watched in pain as it strolled down the outside to salute at $14, everything turned to shit lol.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Spargo » Mon May 11, 2020 12:50 pm

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Naturally I was on Deep Image which couldn't quite get there. Had it in a quinella with Bandipur too which wasn't far away in 5th. Seemed to be the story of my day - As soon as a mate sent me a tip for his mates horse (Bajan) which I didn't back, then watched in pain as it strolled down the outside to salute at $14, everything turned to shit lol.

Deep image had the gun run and at at the top of the straight he’s the one you wanted to be on.
In the end it was an apprentice v more seasoned hoop. Don’t get me wrong Thornton can ride, it’s just MM was that bit stronger in final stages.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Mon May 11, 2020 12:53 pm

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Deep image had the gun run and at at the top of the straight he’s the one you wanted to be on.
In the end it was an apprentice v more seasoned hoop. Don’t get me wrong Thornton can ride, it’s just MM was that bit stronger in final stages.

He's a fantastic jock MM, wonder whether he's ever been approached to move East?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 1:00 pm

Spargo wrote:

I'm a huge Stephanie Thornton fan, she is bursting on to the scene, she's a very naturally pretty young lass too.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Tue May 12, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 11, 2020 1:18 pm

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Not sure why I overlooked the quinella, probably because I was going so shit I guess, two of my favourite jockeys up there and I like boxing 1,3,6 & 9 for quinella's for some reason.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 11, 2020 4:34 pm

Booney wrote:Had a Ballarat quaddie yesterday, got the first three legs, missed the last. Oliver, prick.

I feel your pain, 6 leg multi and the only one I missed was Strategic Phil for a place, I was in the car and in the radio it was called third.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby OnSong » Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Brodlach wrote:

I feel your pain, 6 leg multi and the only one I missed was Strategic Phil for a place, I was in the car and in the radio it was called third.

Don't remind me :twisted:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 am

Brodlach wrote:

Ouch!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 12, 2020 9:01 am

I thought ubet were pretty good a couple of weeks ago when I transferred my winnings back to my bank account Saturday evening and it showed up in my bank by 5pm Monday.

I did the same with Sportsbet yesterday around 10am and it hit my bank by 5pm too.

I used to just withdraw it because I didn't like the 3 day lag, I wont anymore unless I'm heading to the drive-thru!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Oaksnaf » Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Brodlach wrote:Ascot race 6 Pushin Shapes, the horse was given no chance to win by the jockey and should have won easily at $34.

Jockey will be going for a long holiday. Worth a look at.

https://www.punters.com.au/news/graham- ... on6.com.au
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 291 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Oaksnaf wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Ascot race 6 Pushin Shapes, the horse was given no chance to win by the jockey and should have won easily at $34.

Just backed it in the last tomorrow at 30/1
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Brodlach » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Oaksnaf wrote:

Just backed it in the last tomorrow at 30/1

I got it at $34 yesterday and it’s into $27 today. Watch it run last now ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat May 16, 2020 9:35 am

A few scratchings but still have 4 BB today (originally 8 )

Adelaide 7 Seabrook old favourite but really wins but always tries
Adelaide 6 Girl Tuesday
Gold Coast 4 Merlins Magic
Gold Coast 9 Love You Lucy

No big prices today so plenty of multis

From a few weeks ago...

Brodlach wrote:Girl Tuesday the previous Sydney Race (7) was so unlucky, couldn’t get a run anywhere switched from the fence to 9 wide and got no ground. Worth a crack next start
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room