Morphetville bookmakers

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Morphetville bookmakers

Postby overloaded » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:49 pm

How psss weak are they? with possibly the exception being Curly and Biggles Barrington.
If a horse is $5.50 they will only give you $5 if you want to back it each-way. They havent got any better and one of the reasons no one goes to the track. I thouight thing might have improved but they are pathetic.
As for John D Pope (doubles bookmaker) . How does he make a crust? :oops: :oops: He had things $10 that were $31 :oops: Even money pops at 1.5
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Morphetville bookmakers

Postby stampy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 pm

always been that way mate, who bothers betting with them these days, as a young bloke when at the track i always bet with them regardless but woke up quick smart, you only have to check their prices against the tab a couple of times and its blatant where the value is
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 345 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 pm

always been that way mate, who bothers betting with them these days, as a young bloke when at the track i always bet with them regardless but woke up quick smart, you only have to check their prices against the tab a couple of times and its blatant where the value is
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby scoob » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 am

stampy wrote:always been that way mate, who bothers betting with them these days, as a young bloke when at the track i always bet with them regardless but woke up quick smart, you only have to check their prices against the tab a couple of times and its blatant where the value is

x2 :lol:
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Easily fixed boys, contacts below, tell us how your faring when 98% of your holdings is stable or corporates backing off money.
Oh yeah, your taxed (heavily) on your turnover, not your profit.
Should be squillionares in a month, especially holding a 110% market you all crave.

Correspondence Address: PO Box 2001
South Plympton
South Australia 5038
Mobile
(Warren Barrington) 0437377052
Office (08) 7070 2710
Fax (08) 8312-2525
Administrative Contact Marilyn Shephard
admin@sabookmakers.com.au
Executive Contact Warren Barrington
eo@sabookmakers.com.au
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby stampy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm

nothing inspires me to go to the track anymore so i dont need that info thanks shieky
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Postby overloaded » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Easy up sheik, dont try and make excuses for them, there is a reason why the average punter will not punt with them. They are weak! AND OFFER F@#$ ALL COMPARED TO THE CORPORATES

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:43 pm

unitab with fixed odds is just as bad as on-course bookies........

if on-course bookies offered more competitive prices or even tried to put up different markets like the corporates do, then people might be interested in returning to the track
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12307 times
Been liked: 3916 times

Postby overloaded » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:59 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:unitab with fixed odds is just as bad as on-course bookies........

if on-course bookies offered more competitive prices or even tried to put up different markets like the corporates do, then people might be interested in returning to the track

I find Tatts fixed priced pretty good MT, they consistantly offer better odds than what is on course. I follow this regularly. The bookmakers even lay off on Fixed price. I see them take a bet on a horse at $5 then back it at $7 Tatts fixed.
Bookmakers live off the uneducated, impatient and DUMB punters on course.

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:05 pm

fair enough OL, perhaps i need to start paying more attention.

but tatts v corporates - tatts do struggle a bit.
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby overloaded » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
but tatts v corporates - tatts do struggle a bit.

Not price wise. More often that not they are better prices fixed

Only with no special offers.

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 pm

why dont the bookmakers association or someone get the auditorium back up and running. that environment could be a punters paradise if it was utilised properly i believe
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby overloaded » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:43 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:why dont the bookmakers association or someone get the auditorium back up and running. that environment could be a punters paradise if it was utilised properly i believe

It only had half a dozen victims use it with their laptops. Disgrace

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 am

stampy wrote:nothing inspires me to go to the track anymore so i dont need that info thanks shieky
overloaded wrote:Easy up sheik, dont try and make excuses for them, there is a reason why the average punter will not punt with them. They are weak! AND OFFER F@#$ ALL COMPARED TO THE CORPORATES

With only going to 3 meets in 3 years myself, I do sympathise & agree with the above quotes.
2010 Cox Plate day Syd McDonald was fielding in the corporate tent area & bet all day at 180%, Syd being an old adversary of mine when he was laying the excess cash off for the Robertsons that they couldn't get on in the grandstand & I was running the fluctuations from the rails to the derby books. I gave him the hint that not everyone there was mathematically retarded, wasn't appreciated.
I do hold a bit of a romantic outlook on the bookies having grown up sitting on my Grandfathers (& later Dads) stands in the flat for the Saturday races & then the Wayville trots when it was 6 rows deep & the TAB was just used for such exiting exotics as quinellas.
The old man fielded the trots till the mid 70's when the 'gang of 6' under the blind eye of the then Globe Derby head administrator would decide whose turn it was to win that week. Even back then 70% of the money would be educated & unless you made a sole living from bookmaking & had stable links it was near impossible to make a quid, Dad quit when he saw it coming, others didn't & lost the lot. He then worked on the bag until the computer age when it become extinct.
Even in the early 80's when the Robertsons & Manuels would set off a big plunge with an army of punters hitting the books simultaneously (a thing of beauty when pulled off right) the bookies could still get a bit back because the ring was strong due to no web or phone betting & the big punters only had the bookies to bet with the big bucks.
How the hell they can make a quid with the corporates & their specials, sky channel & pubs keeping the general public at Bay & the lack of 'laying off' big bets when the number of books willing to take the bets is dwindling is beyond me, & that's Saturday metro meets, let alone pissant mid week trots or dog meetings with only 2 bookies fielding.
In the long run, there will be no on course bookmakers, unless their either given tax or running costs let ups or other betting options not allowed at the moment.
Face it though, won't it be a sad day when you can't scan the bookies for a price & get that little thrill when you've got the 9/4 & the flucs come over at 7/4, you can't tell me that collecting off a bookie is heads & tails better than an increased account when you log on 'my balance' or collecting off of a faceless keyboard operator? Bookies are a part & parcel of a day at the races so I reckon your being a tad harsh on the blokes who still are brave enough to show some balls & write a book in this current climate.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby mal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 am

When Unitab bought the SA TAB there was an alleged clause that no SA bookmakers could have an Internet license

This is what the local in course bookies have to put up with today
Luxbet Group 1 Promotion 18/2
Back a Group 1 winner and receive a bonus for same amount of the stake up to $100
What does this mean today ?
You can place $100 on Black Cavair with that Corporate Bookie at set odds of $1-12
If BC wins you win $12 and get $100 bonus bet
So you are winning $112 for your $100
Effectively you are getting $2-12 Black Cavair

Its not an even playing field is it ?
All SA bookies should be given an opportunity to run an Internet betting service
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1314 times
Been liked: 1159 times

Postby overloaded » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 am

Fair post shiek, it will be a sad day at the track when we are putting money into a machine and taking fixed priced odds from a screen. Can anyone see that day coming?
Would miss the friendly banter with a bookie asking for better odds...... and the busstle of biggles running around the ring laying off.....
The dissapointing thing was they have a win price list on their board and an each-way list that was a few points less. What do they think they are going to get burnt by giving win odds as the each-way price. It was pathetic (Curly and Biggles Barrington being the exception).
David Pope is a complete joke and those who punt doubles with him are pure and simply DUMB. How has this guy lasted so long?

Has anyone seen Wayne Ormond lately? Heard a gun got pulled on him and he left town.....

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Nice bloke Curly.
Also saw that Jim Easom was fielding at the bridge the other day, he started off doing the Ceduna, Iron Knob & all sorts of country meets for yonks. Generally opened up 1st at about 130% then worked around to a decent book, but shit he's done the yards. Had a fairly complex computer setup behind his board, somethings the others lacked.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Postby overloaded » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:09 pm

I am in a syndicate putting in an offer to by WOWBET ,

Anyone know much about it>

Can you look at it and give me your thoughts?

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby G » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Ormond is still around and is part of a story in New Idea this month.

His new wife is "The Princess" on My Kitchen Rules from Sth Aust. and they are expecting a kid hence the New Idea story.
- Personally I wouldnt know him from a bar of soap but he seems to have a fair reputation.
G
League - Best 21

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 am

overloaded wrote:I am in a syndicate putting in an offer to by WOWBET ,

Anyone know much about it>

Can you look at it and give me your thoughts?

Its linked to Betezy.... Also does all of the AFL teams betting websites and dynabet....

IMHO one of the worst betting agencies out there is Betezy.... They only process withdrawals once a week... Don't allow for multiples or all ups on the racing betting.... VERY SLOW to pay out on a lot of markets - although they do pay out a lot of the time on racing even before the correct weight is given...

Perhaps if your syndicate buys it they can sort it out a bit, although I would imagine it would stay under the Betezy banner and keep offering some ordinary services...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Next

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room