team syndicates

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

team syndicates

Postby Sorry Dude » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi gang,

I am starting a footy syndicate for this year. As I have not organised one before, just wondering if you have been in, or run a syndicate before.

Any tips, ideas or syndicates you are already in, I would like to hear what does and doesn't work.

Cheers.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: team syndicates

Postby mickey » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:44 am

As in a betting syndicate??

There was a thread last year on it IIRC
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby overloaded » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 am

google it
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

We run one at home, one amoungst mates for a melb cup trip and am also in one for an Easter Oakbank trip....

Some of them are run pretty ordinary but as long as its amoungst mates its normally not too bad - and as long as you make sure everyone is paid up prior to the end its okay.

The one we run at home is probably the easiest - everyone pays by cash EVERY WEEK - and that cash is used to place bets...

The other two is a set amount a week - $20 - half is bet, half is saved..... The guys who run them just keep track of who has paid what on a spreadsheet and then track the winnings as well....

There is a website - www.puntclub.com - who will take care of it for you - they also have some other prizes you can win along the way as well.... Takes the run around away from one person...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Johno6 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:23 am

yeah willy me and a few mates do something similar.
there are 4 of us, bet on the afl on we take turns.
use the winnings for an end of season trip like melb cup we did 2 years back.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby wooly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Have been running ours for about 10 years, started with 4 and we now have 11 members.

$20 / week each.
$110 / week is saved.
$100 / week is bet and any dividends are saved.
$10 / week put aside for a Melbourne Cup sweep.

Take it in turns to bet, but if you make a profit from the $100 then you go again the next week and continue until you don't make a profit.
wooly
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:51 pm

At home we do the same thing - if you make a profit you keep going - but we introduced a new rule this year that if you make a profit 3 weeks in a row the 4th week the $50 must go on one bet....

Our Oakbank one is each person bets for one week - we get $100 and its one bet only - $100 each week is put away... We are well in the profit already with a few weeks still to go - only two collects for the year though - one of $1800 (life member!!) and another of over $400....
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby The Ash Man » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:We run one at home, one amoungst mates for a melb cup trip and am also in one for an Easter Oakbank trip....

Some of them are run pretty ordinary but as long as its amoungst mates its normally not too bad - and as long as you make sure everyone is paid up prior to the end its okay.

The one we run at home is probably the easiest - everyone pays by cash EVERY WEEK - and that cash is used to place bets...

The other two is a set amount a week - $20 - half is bet, half is saved..... The guys who run them just keep track of who has paid what on a spreadsheet and then track the winnings as well....

There is a website - http://www.puntclub.com - who will take care of it for you - they also have some other prizes you can win along the way as well.... Takes the run around away from one person...

Im in one on puntclub.com.au . Works really well, only thing is you have to bet on Luxbet
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby CoverKing » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:16 pm

I run one with a couple mates. We see it as a punters club, that hopefully we can get a nice return come the end of the year just before christmas. But at the end of the day, we just like gambling so happy having a bet with mates.

4 of us involved.
Each put $10 in EACH week.
Betting week runs Thursday - Wednesday.
Bets must be on before Sunday.
More of a multi syndicate.
Take turns in betting.
If you make a 200% profit (e.g.: $40 bet, get return of $120 or more, you get to bet again).
Half of the winnings go to the bank, half of the winnings are added to the stake for next week.
Maximum two bets per week (but can have as many legs in each multi bet as you want).

For example: If i put $40 on one multi bet. I won and got $168 back. (if you get back less than 200% profit, the next person in line bets and the entire winnings is banked.)

I made a profit of $128 dollars.
Half of the winnings ($64 is banked) along with the original stake (40). Total banking for Week 1 is $104.

The next week, with another $10 each, the same person gets to bet again. So the stake of $40 plus the $64 carried on from last week, so a total of $104 to bet with.

If that bet is then, 2 multis of $20 each. One wins and one loses. The winner receives a payout of $450. Banking for that week is ($277 - $104 which is the stake + half of the profit 346/2 = 173). The following weeks stake is $213 (Half of the banking $173 + $40 stake).

After 4 weeks, we had banked $1470 (all by me as well ;) as i got a couple multis up in a row, which is the key).
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Bum Crack » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

in our syndicate, we just have a roster of who's bet it is and the person who's bet it is, puts $50.00 of their own money on and any winnings are banked into the syndicate account. Person betting must text all syndicate members saying what they bet on. we ended up buying a horse with our winnings after the first yeaar and the donkey has never won a race in the two years we've had it. if we left the money in the account, we all could have went to Monaco for 3 months all expenses paid :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 896 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:04 pm

7 of us put in $10 a week.

$40 banked
$30 bet

Get over $30 to go again or its the next blokes go. Alphabetical order from surname, must be Saturday gallops, anybets you want ( 1*$30 or 30*$1 ) txt to each syndicate member by noon, no later.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

Postby JK » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm in 2 different syndicates:

First 1 - 4 blokes paying $10 per week.

- Must spend $40 per week, on any number of bets.
- Earn more than $40 in dividends and it's your turn again .. This obviously continues until you have a losing week.
- We divvy the $$ just before Melbourne Cup

Second 1 - 2 blokes paying $30 per week
- During footy season, 1 of us punts $50 per week however we choose, and the remaining $10 gets spent $5 each on our 8/8 Multi.
- In the off season we just save the $10 per week.
- We look to withdraw funds around both Adelaide Cup and Melbourne Cup time of year.

I couldn't say for sure (others involved could), but I'm pretty certain that over the years we would be slightly behind, but we got not much less than money-back at season's end.

Each year we have managed to get the 2 man syndicate very nicely in front, but then we break our rules and blow a fair chunk of it lol .. Hopefully not in 2012 which has started reasonably well.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room