TROTS Talk

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Stewards report
Pradas Ideal Dahling- Near the 900m broke and was retired form the event.
A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to have sustained a broken off hind pastern and subsequently was euthanized on humane grounds.

I can only imagine the grief to the connections of this pacer
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23044
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:57 pm

mal wrote:Stewards report
Pradas Ideal Dahling- Near the 900m broke and was retired form the event.
A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to have sustained a broken off hind pastern and subsequently was euthanized on humane grounds.

I can only imagine the grief to the connections of this pacer


Horrible for the owners.
*My laughing post on the night of the race was when I was under the impression the horse had simply broke, by no means was I aware at the time the seriousness of the situation.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3500 times
Been liked: 3681 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Spargo wrote:
mal wrote:Stewards report
Pradas Ideal Dahling- Near the 900m broke and was retired form the event.
A post-race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to have sustained a broken off hind pastern and subsequently was euthanized on humane grounds.

I can only imagine the grief to the connections of this pacer


Horrible for the owners.
*My laughing post on the night of the race was when I was under the impression the horse had simply broke, by no means was I aware at the time the seriousness of the situation.


No one would have taken it as you laughing at the horse being put down
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35820
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2510 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:01 pm

Chicago Bull of old there tonight at GPk

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:21 am

Chicago Bull in another easy win

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:05 pm

Ffs Gloucester Park
Played the 1 anchored 2nd/3rd/4th
And of course went a tad wide in the win box. And had more units on 1 - 4th/3rd/2nd...
Still a profit but ffs - can't punt

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:04 am

What's up with Jim Jaques's calls these days?
Twice in a week hes called the runner up the winner at Globe Derby.
Aug 8th R1 Called Steam Cleaned the winner despite Lindi Lincoln getting up on the outside by a nose and then last night called The Id'es of March as hanging on to win despite Futurist claiming him on the line by a nose. Wasn't even a MAYBE hanging onto win, he was definite ! :oops: And then after calling the 1st 3 across the line declared The Dapper Don and Corey Odonohue were in a photo for 4th and that either one would put value into the TRIFECTA ! :oops: :oops:
Yes i can accept that a caller may occasionally get something wrong but there's certainly NO EXCUSE in a close finish to straight out say a horse has won when it hasn't ! Nothing against a caller having a go at the winner but at least say MAYBE won or I THINK it's won but hold on to your tickets if you're on the other or something like that. Also his attention seeking comments on guessing the exact margins are tiresome like such and such wins by 9 1/2 metres or 43 metres. Maybe thats not a big deal but when he goes "and Kallawarra King wins by 28 metres NO make that 27" then i really think punters listening really think he's making the call about him and not the horses and race itself.
Having said that i think he's a great race caller and has done a great job over a long period of time but needs to stop making "Hero calls" in close finishes
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 320 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mal » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Speaking of accuracy
Jimmy Jacques and Jackpot Jim have the same JJ initials

I have talked to a trots caller from the past
His greatest fear is calling the wrong horse in photos

JJ is a flamboyant caller
He makes assessments on runners chances in the run, and has a stab in close photo finishes
He has a go, thats his inimitable style
Very occasionally he will muff up, but its the good with bad



Yes he has muffed a couple of photo finishes recently, that can happen
Credit where its due , he has the aggarts to predict a photo finish
Its never boring listening to Jimmys calls

At least posters may have learnt something
That Jimmy Jaques and Jackpot Jim are 2 different people
Now just need to clarify if Jim05 is not Jimmy Jaques as well
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23044
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:27 pm

And Jim does it again today in Race 2 at Globe calling Rhythmatic the winner tho it ran 2nd to Goodjet.

Tho this time he can be forgiven as Rhythmatic swooped down the outside to win clearly by 1.3 metres. So how did it get beaten???
It galloped literally 2 strides from the post and for that was relegated to 2nd place :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now i've been going to the trots for decades and have never seen a horse relegated under these particular circumstances in SA

Was told that there was a recent change in the rules in that if a horse gallops over the line it will be relegated if it wins by less than a length ???

Can someone confirm this?

Because under this particular circumstance for the winner to be relegated was absolutely ABSURD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously Jimmy J was oblivious to the rule as he mentioned it skipping over the line but never mentioned it may be in trouble losing the race.

WTF is going on? Betting turnover and confidence on the trots is probably at an all time low and with these types of decisions being made punters will turn further away from the sport.

DISGRACE :oops: :oops:
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 320 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:27 pm

jackpot jim wrote:And Jim does it again today in Race 2 at Globe calling Rhythmatic the winner tho it ran 2nd to Goodjet.

Tho this time he can be forgiven as Rhythmatic swooped down the outside to win clearly by 1.3 metres. So how did it get beaten???
It galloped literally 2 strides from the post and for that was relegated to 2nd place :shock: :shock: :shock:

Now i've been going to the trots for decades and have never seen a horse relegated under these particular circumstances in SA

Was told that there was a recent change in the rules in that if a horse gallops over the line it will be relegated if it wins by less than a length ???

Can someone confirm this?

Because under this particular circumstance for the winner to be relegated was absolutely ABSURD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously Jimmy J was oblivious to the rule as he mentioned it skipping over the line but never mentioned it may be in trouble losing the race.

WTF is going on? Betting turnover and confidence on the trots is probably at an all time low and with these types of decisions being made punters will turn further away from the sport.

DISGRACE :oops: :oops:


There was a race at Albion Park a few months back.
It ran 2nd or 3rd and galloped over the line but only a couple of strides and didnt make any ground.

That horse got relegated. Having NFI i thought it was more for excessive galloping and making ground??
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mal » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Race 2 GDP 17/8

Over the line
7 Rhythmatic
1 Goodjet
3 Bionic Falcon
4 Litbitachailatte

Rhythmatic was last with about 500m to go, got to 4th and wide on home turn , finished very well
Rhythmatic hit the front with about 25m to go, and was drawing away on the line to win by about 1.3m
Rhythmatic broke its gait just before the finishing line
Rhytymatic continued to gallop over the line , and was subsequently relegated to 2nd position as a result

The new law , 155 section whatever , was recently made in accordance to this happening
The law as explained :
* Any horse that has broken gait free of interference and remains in the incorrect gait when its nose reaches the finish line
and is covered by another horse , any other horse, or horses in the correct gait, it shall be placed behind such horse or horses.*

What this means
The new result
1 Goodjet
7 Rhythmatic
3 Bionic Falcon
4 Lilbitachailatte

Now this is the thing as I use my Adrian Monk logistic as to what happened
Rhythmatic galloped, the only pacers that are deemed to be able to finish above it are horses who finish within a body length of Rhythmatic
Ive watched the finish
On the finishing line- the 2nd horse past the post, Goodjet was beaten by about a metre
Goodjets nose was equal with Rhythmatics saddlecloth, which is deemed as within the 'covered' requirements and within a body length
The 3rd pacer past the post was Bionic Falcon whos nose was about a metre behind Rhythmatics bum and not within a body length

So only Goodjet was close enough to be promoted past Rhythmatic
Bionic Falcon and the rest of the field stay in the same positions

Basically , you need to finish within a body length, that being a leeway of approximately 2.2 metres

I wont offer an opinion on this new jurisdiction
But in going forward new rules that are made could be displayed or made public in as many circles as possible
That being and including
Facebook
Emails
Harness racing site
Any other industry website
Race callers to be informed and to notify the rule on sky if possible [ at least for the first race run after the rule was made]
Race callers who preview races on the radio to inform the public [ tabradio ]
Radio show hosts to inform the public [ 5RPH trotting show , saturday mornings]
Last edited by mal on Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23044
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 am

Cmon Mal dont be afraid to share your views...
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mal » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Rhythmaticgate or Rhythmaticgait ?
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23044
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:33 pm

I hope JJ doesn't watch a replay of Gawler r10 today

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:39 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I hope JJ doesn't watch a replay of Gawler r10 today

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk



Haha No matter what Jimmy says he will never be in the Bill Colins class of race callers with his famous "Kingston Town CAN'T win " statement.

Jimmy - "Away, Nangar Cookie missed the start - she was last out so has NO HOPE now" :oops: :oops: Big statement seeing at the time was less than 2 lengths behind the 2 nd fave who he declared "Home and Hosed" just seconds later :oops: :oops:

For the punters watching the race live or on telly they can form their own opinions but for the punters listening to the radio broadcast he has a responsibility to those to be more accurate. I can accept that once in a blue moon you can get it wrong like Bill Collins did but for Jim it's becoming all too frequent.
Probably not a huge deal as he's only making himself look a bit silly more than anything.
At least he called the right dog across the line :lol:
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 320 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mal » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:22 pm

GLOBE DERBY 18/8/2020
This is how Danni Hills drives went

R1 1ST $2-25
R2 1ST $2-00
R3 1ST $3-20
R4 1ST $3-30
R5 DID NOT HAVE A DRIVE
R6 1ST $1-20
R7 2ND $4-00
R8 1ST $2-80

7 drives
6 winners
1 second

The only one Danni Hill didnt win on was Bein Hoa which ran a close 1.1m 2nd
Bein Hoa ran 2nd to Manly Mac , driven by Wayne Hill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danni Hill is a superstar
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23044
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 482 times
Been liked: 351 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:24 pm

Are there any other race callers coming up through the ranks to put Jimmy under some pressure??
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:38 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Are there any other race callers coming up through the ranks to put Jimmy under some pressure??


The one with the impediment
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 35820
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 2510 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:45 am

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Are there any other race callers coming up through the ranks to put Jimmy under some pressure??


The one with the impediment


Is he still around??
Haven't heard him in a long time??

Given the recent calls by Jimmy, he may get a call up sooner rather than later...
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 48425
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8914 times
Been liked: 2454 times

Re: TROTS Talk

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:25 pm

6 race card at Pirie Tuesday night which includes 2 Double up races so in effect 4 races with different fields with a total of only 30 horses racing at the meeting. Some races in NZ and France have 30 horses in their first 2 races !!!!
jackpot jim
Coach
 
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:14 pm
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 320 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest