Social Betting Syndicate

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Social Betting Syndicate

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Lads, how's the best way to run a social betting syndicate between a small group of mates?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Social Betting Syndicate

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Q. wrote:Lads, how's the best way to run a social betting syndicate between a small group of mates?

If you all have Sportsbet accounts, they have a Punters Club option these days. Not sure of exact specifics, but I think you all access it for betting via your own accounts.

Otherwise best way is for one of the group to take a role as banker, or all members pay into the account.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:10 pm

How would you structure the betting? One after the other and a certain % of the total?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:15 pm

We take it in turns as the banker, you can operate it however you like as the banker.

Me, I prefer EFT into an account and using spreadsheets, a less tech savvy mate wants cash and he uses a ledger.

I have looked at the Punters Clubs on line, puntclub.com.au puntersclub.com.au etc
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Q. wrote:How would you structure the betting? One after the other and a certain % of the total?

We need to get a return bigger than the investment to go again.

We used to have 6 blokes, $10 per week each, bank $30 and bet $30, so it was $30.10 or more and you go again.

Now we're 5 of us, $25/25 and same same, $25.10 or more to go again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Q. wrote:How would you structure the betting? One after the other and a certain % of the total?

There's heaps of different ways mate .. I'm in a few ..

Option A

4 Punters all put in $10 each a week and alternate weekends as to who punts .. Say Im up this weekend I spend the $40 however I see fit, and shit I collect higher than $40, I go again next week.

Option B

$10 a week, about 8 of us, we're just all giving selections in a quaddie leg, and just playing those .. Last year with this group it was 10 punters, 2 per week spending $30 each on whatever, and $40 between them on a Quaddie.

Option C

Bet a %age and bank a %age each week

Best thing you can do is all put in an initial starting amount that totals a couple $hunj, then look around and see what deposit offers are around .. Crownbet and Ladbrokes are usually the most generous, and you can split the free bet value into multiple smaller amounts.

Take a look on the RHS of this page: http://www.bettingpro.com.au/
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Booney wrote:

We used to have 6 blokes, $10 per week each, bank $30 and bet $30, so it was $30.10 or more and you go again.

Did a similar one to this once, but I found punters were regularly selecting horses that were running against other syndicate picks, which doesn't make a heap of sense to me.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:19 pm

We just set up a roster of who's bet it is each week and that person bets $50 of their own money and all winnings are banked into the betting account. We bought a 30% share in a horse with our winnings after the first year and it was the biggest ******* waste of money we ever spent. If you get a few wins during the year, you can end up having a good end of year trip with the boys and use the money for airfares and accommodation and have a big day on the punt at the races with the balance.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:

Did a similar one to this once, but I found punters were regularly selecting horses that were running against other syndicate picks, which doesn't make a heap of sense to me.

Sorry, only one bloke bets, he gets $30 to bet with, we bank $30 every week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 pm

JK wrote:

There's heaps of different ways mate .. I'm in a few ..

Option A

4 Punters all put in $10 each a week and alternate weekends as to who punts .. Say Im up this weekend I spend the $40 however I see fit, and shit I collect higher than $40, I go again next week.

Option B

$10 a week, about 8 of us, we're just all giving selections in a quaddie leg, and just playing those .. Last year with this group it was 10 punters, 2 per week spending $30 each on whatever, and $40 between them on a Quaddie.

Option C

Bet a %age and bank a %age each week

Best thing you can do is all put in an initial starting amount that totals a couple $hunj, then look around and see what deposit offers are around .. Crownbet and Ladbrokes are usually the most generous, and you can split the free bet value into multiple smaller amounts.

Take a look on the RHS of this page: http://www.bettingpro.com.au/

Further to this, I'd avoid William Hill (because personally I reckon they are rubbish) and many say the same of Bet365, although it seems a lot of punters on Forums Are still using them.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:22 pm

Ours runs June > June and funds our Quorn Cup lads weekend.

I will add, I think banking a portion every week is the way to go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Bum Crack wrote:We just set up a roster of who's bet it is each week and that person bets $50 of their own money and all winnings are banked into the betting account. We bought a 30% share in a horse with our winnings after the first year and it was the biggest ******* waste of money we ever spent. If you get a few wins during the year, you can end up having a good end of year trip with the boys and use the money for airfares and accommodation and have a big day on the punt at the races with the balance.

Yeah I have quite a few mates with their syndi who bank + collect, then put it toward flights, grog, accommodation, strippers, hookers and the Cox Plate.

The ones I'm in divvy up just before Melbourne Cup week, which suits me perfectly.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Bum Crack wrote:We just set up a roster of who's bet it is each week and that person bets $50 of their own money and all winnings are banked into the betting account. We bought a 30% share in a horse with our winnings after the first year and it was the biggest ******* waste of money we ever spent. If you get a few wins during the year, you can end up having a good end of year trip with the boys and use the money for airfares and accommodation and have a big day on the punt at the races with the balance.

So you don't go again if you win, it's just the next blokes go?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Booney wrote:

So you don't go again if you win, it's just the next blokes go?

Yep
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 pm

It's interesting watching the different styles of the group.

One bloke invests it all on a Brisbane quaddie, he's had one return/repeat bet in nearly 3 years.

Another goes a treble and some A2's. I tend to go for a few with just wins and look at $8-12 shots.

We've only got $25 to play with so it's unlikely we'll ever get a truck load ( other than my Rebel Raider winner at $81 many moons ago, hey JK? ) and I look to get $50 or thereabouts as my aimed return.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:27 pm

Also so you can set up incentives .. One Im in pays a bonus to the most $uccessful punter for the year, by taking $10 off all other members return's
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:29 pm

JK wrote:Also so you can set up incentives .. One Im in pays a bonus to the most $uccessful punter for the year, by taking $10 off all other members return's

Ours gets first pick of the bedrooms at the Transcontinental Hotel. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:It's interesting watching the different styles of the group.

One bloke invests it all on a Brisbane quaddie, he's had one return/repeat bet in nearly 3 years.

Another goes a treble and some A2's. I tend to go for a few with just wins and look at $8-12 shots.

We've only got $25 to play with so it's unlikely we'll ever get a truck load ( other than my Rebel Raider winner at $81 many moons ago, hey JK? ) and I look to get $50 or thereabouts as my aimed return.

I will NEVER forget the Rebel mate (actually I haven't bought you a beer for a while, fix that up next time at the pub).

You're right about interesting betting patterns .. I've done alright in the syndi's out of Footy Betting, but there's a lot that will go all-ups on the nags a lot, trying to turn $5 into $1k+. None of them ever came off.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:
JK wrote:Also so you can set up incentives .. One Im in pays a bonus to the most $uccessful punter for the year, by taking $10 off all other members return's

Ours gets first pick of the bedrooms at the Transcontinental Hotel. :lol:

Thats gotta be cosy when the 6 after him pick that room aswell ;)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:31 pm

We play Saturday races only.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney