SANFL Uniforms

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

SANFL Uniforms

Postby Mr66 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Has anyone done or attempted an SANFL version of this?
https://www.footyjumpers.com/seasons.htm
If one person does it, it's insanity. If millions do it, it's religion.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au
User avatar
Mr66
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Where the Streets Have No Name
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby RustyCage » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:36 am

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15147
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1235 times
Been liked: 910 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Mr66 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Its a start
If one person does it, it's insanity. If millions do it, it's religion.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au
User avatar
Mr66
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Where the Streets Have No Name
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:42 pm

North aphave, I have a laminated version of it somewhere.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 47706
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1492 times
Been liked: 3242 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Mr66 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 pm

Wedgie wrote:North aphave, I have a laminated version of it somewhere.


Is that the framed version that I've seen at the club rooms?
If one person does it, it's insanity. If millions do it, it's religion.

http://www.beyondblue.org.au
User avatar
Mr66
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Where the Streets Have No Name
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Mr66 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:North aphave, I have a laminated version of it somewhere.


Is that the framed version that I've seen at the club rooms?

Yeah I think that's the same.
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 47706
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1492 times
Been liked: 3242 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:59 pm

Here's an attempt at an SANFL premiers poster thanks to the footyjumpers.com website. At the very least a good visual to see the dominant eras. The Eagles going back to back this year for the first time means every current SANFL club (not including AFL reserves) has gone back to back at some stage in history!

32D5BB96-3832-4052-8756-074C2B8F7D31_1_201_a.jpeg
32D5BB96-3832-4052-8756-074C2B8F7D31_1_201_a.jpeg (645.29 KiB) Viewed 409 times
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5209
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 362 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby spell_check » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Aerie wrote:Here's an attempt at an SANFL premiers poster thanks to the footyjumpers.com website. At the very least a good visual to see the dominant eras. The Eagles going back to back this year for the first time means every current SANFL club (not including AFL reserves) has gone back to back at some stage in history!]


I know there's some alterations to be made on there (but otherwise, a fine piece of work that site is); one of those being that the Torrens 1920s guernsey is actually the inverse of the colours shown:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/165918433
User avatar
spell_check
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18510
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:56 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 139 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:49 pm

spell_check wrote:
Aerie wrote:Here's an attempt at an SANFL premiers poster thanks to the footyjumpers.com website. At the very least a good visual to see the dominant eras. The Eagles going back to back this year for the first time means every current SANFL club (not including AFL reserves) has gone back to back at some stage in history!]


I know there's some alterations to be made on there (but otherwise, a fine piece of work that site is); one of those being that the Torrens 1920s guernsey is actually the inverse of the colours shown:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/165918433

That is the black & white photography playing tricks. Pretty certain West Torrens never wore a predominantly gold jumper.

This article in Trove from February 1923 indicates WT are changing their guernsey from the “gold sash” to the “gold stripes”. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/arti ... 20guernsey

And 1912 with a gold sash. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/arti ... 20guernsey
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5209
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 362 times

Re: SANFL Uniforms

Postby spell_check » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:27 pm

Aerie wrote:
spell_check wrote:
Aerie wrote:Here's an attempt at an SANFL premiers poster thanks to the footyjumpers.com website. At the very least a good visual to see the dominant eras. The Eagles going back to back this year for the first time means every current SANFL club (not including AFL reserves) has gone back to back at some stage in history!]


I know there's some alterations to be made on there (but otherwise, a fine piece of work that site is); one of those being that the Torrens 1920s guernsey is actually the inverse of the colours shown:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/165918433

That is the black & white photography playing tricks. Pretty certain West Torrens never wore a predominantly gold jumper.

This article in Trove from February 1923 indicates WT are changing their guernsey from the “gold sash” to the “gold stripes”. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/arti ... 20guernsey

And 1912 with a gold sash. https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/arti ... 20guernsey


Ok, well...I probably saw that from someone who had the same idea as me when they colourised one of them. I've seen a picture of that somewhere around.

However, I know that site has the WWT guernsey as the large Eagle in 1997, when it was still the hoops. The gold numbers and one extra gold band at the bottom was worn in 1994 when playing Central. The 'halves' Norwood guernsey I'm certain was first worn in 2001 against clubs like South as a clash guernsey; not necessarily for night games only. Also, it doesn't have the Geelong like hoops guernsey South has worn in the past 10 years, or the inverse West guernsey.
User avatar
spell_check
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18510
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:56 pm
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 139 times


Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest