Vale: Rod Seekamp

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

Vale: Rod Seekamp

Postby DOC » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 pm

The Norwood Football Club would like to extend it’s sincere sympathies to the Seekamp family after the sad passing of former player Rodney.

Rodney played 145 games for the Norwood Football Club, kicking 110 goals as a highly-skilled half-forward/midfielder.

Seekamp was one of the best on the ground in Norwood’s 1975 Premiership win over Glenelg.

Seekamp represented South Australia in 1974 and was included in the 1975 SA squad.

The club would like to extend its deepest sympathies to the Seekamp family.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Re: Vale: Rod Seekamp

Postby Corona Man » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:48 pm

DOC wrote:The Norwood Football Club would like to extend it’s sincere sympathies to the Seekamp family after the sad passing of former player Rodney.

Rodney played 145 games for the Norwood Football Club, kicking 110 goals as a highly-skilled half-forward/midfielder.

Seekamp was one of the best on the ground in Norwood’s 1975 Premiership win over Glenelg.

Seekamp represented South Australia in 1974 and was included in the 1975 SA squad.

My lasting memory of Seekamp (a bit odd I know) was he wore boots with bright green soles, which was a bit unusual in the early 70's. Vale.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Corona Man wrote:
DOC wrote:The Norwood Football Club would like to extend it’s sincere sympathies to the Seekamp family after the sad passing of former player Rodney.

My lasting memory of Seekamp (a bit odd I know) was he wore boots with bright green soles, which was a bit unusual in the early 70's. Vale.

Vale Rod Seekamp.

Adidas Valencia - had a pair myself.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby JK » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Rough patch for the club losing a coupla greats so close together, and earlier than could have been expected.

Both were just before my time but my old man made sure I grew up regularly watching the 75' GF on VHS. Always thought Seekamp was BOG in that game (well at least for Norwood anyway).
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Magellan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:31 am

Sad news for the Norwood community, they've lost a couple of great names from that drought-breaking 1975 side. May they rest in peace.

JK wrote:Always thought Seekamp was BOG in that game (well at least for Norwood anyway).

Did he get the Seiko watch in the end? The snippet of the last quarter on youtube talks up Pope's game as well.

I reckon Mike Poulter won the Arturo Taverna voucher for best hair on ground, that has to have been the league's greatest ever afro.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Magellan wrote:Sad news for the Norwood community, they've lost a couple of great names from that drought-breaking 1975 side. May they rest in peace.

JK wrote:Always thought Seekamp was BOG in that game (well at least for Norwood anyway).

Did he get the Seiko watch in the end? The snippet of the last quarter on youtube talks up Pope's game as well.

I reckon Mike Poulter won the Arturo Taverna voucher for best hair on ground, that has to have been the league's greatest ever afro.

Pretty sure Popey took home the Seiko. Mike Poulter took home "The most questionable goal" award.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum