80s/90s SANFL games on youtube

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

80s/90s SANFL games on youtube

Postby gilly18 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:24 pm

If anyone is interested i have uploaded a few sanfl games from the 80s/90s on youtube. My youtube name is footybrilliance. Im hoping a few more people might upload some more old sanfl games on there or if you cant contact me and i can upload them for you.

I know sa football archive uploaded quite a bit a few years ago but they stopped a few years ago and they said they wouldd upload everything once they were finished but they never did.
gilly18
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Ardrossan

Re: 80s/90s SANFL games on youtube

Postby Magellan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Good on you, gilly18. Looking forward to having a squiz at what you've uploaded.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby darley16 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:54 am

Good stuff, i've been watching these games on youtube for sometime as it reminds me of how much i loved the game then and how little i love the game now.
darley16
Under 18s

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Magellan » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 pm

I recently went thought footybrilliance's collection of videos, and had a look at the 1991 reserves grand final between the Eagles and South (in an attempt to recall something of the pre-game build-up that I was part of, and I also had forgotten who won).

A very close match which is of a pretty good standard, with plenty of well-known SANFL and AFL names floating around - Paul Bullus, one of the Szillers, Nick Pesch, Kym Koster, Chris Groom, Randall Bone, Craig Dewhirst, 'Klanger' Klenjans, Andrew Osborne, Jason King, David Baker. Entertaining viewing, particularly the final term, and certainly more exciting than a lot of today's footy.

"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 am

Magellan wrote:I recently went thought footybrilliance's collection of videos, and had a look at the 1991 reserves grand final between the Eagles and South (in an attempt to recall something of the pre-game build-up that I was part of, and I also had forgotten who won).

A very close match which is of a pretty good standard, with plenty of well-known SANFL and AFL names floating around - Paul Bullus, one of the Szillers, Nick Pesch, Kym Koster, Chris Groom, Randall Bone, Craig Dewhirst, 'Klanger' Klenjans, Andrew Osborne, Jason King, David Baker. Entertaining viewing, particularly the final term, and certainly more exciting than a lot of today's footy.

Was a good watch! Added interest knowing what the rest of the day was going to hold, the contravosory and the legacy of the game.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bays2011 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:04 pm

[quote="I know sa football archive uploaded quite a bit a few years ago but they stopped a few years ago and they said they wouldd upload everything once they were finished but they never did.[/quote]

Been distracted by non-football matters for a few years. I am now back on the case and currently uploading everything in full. Estimating 3 months and all the preview videos on YouTube will be replaced by full content. After that I will be uploading, in full, everything else I have that is not currently on YouTube (there is a lot!). Everything will be indexed on a web page with a YouTube link.
bays2011
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby gilly18 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:21 am

gilly18
Mini-League

Postby whufc » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:57 am

If anyone can ever get hold of the 2000 second semi final Centrals vs Eagles it would be greatly appreciated.

I have some very strong memories from that game and would love to see how close to reality those memories were.

One includes Stewie Dew kicking i believe to be one of the greatest goals ive seen live in the last quarter from the North West pocket with the rain absolutely pouring down.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gilly18 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Brilliant by sa football video archive to upload the remaining games they had. It's great that instead of all this footage by individual people being left in a cupboard where no one would ever get to see it again is now online for everyone to see. It was a fantastic idea by the sa football video archive team and a big thanks to them.

Hopefully other people will continue upload more of these games and hopefully the sanfl history centre will upload the heap of games the have online soon.
gilly18
Mini-League

Postby gilly18 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:33 pm

Does anyone know if sa footy film are going to upload more sanfl games from the 70s to 2000? I know they uploaded 300 or so games 9 months ago but I thought there was about 1000 they were going to upload.
gilly18
Mini-League

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum