Cricket Bats from EBay

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Cricket Bats from EBay

Postby sherminator » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi guys,

I broke my bat late last season and need a new one for this year. I was thinking about getting one from EBay. There are so many cheap bats from India on sale. I know a few guys who got some late last season for a bargain. They seemed ok but I am a bit reluctant as I don't want to spend $100 or so for something that turns out to be rubbish. Has anyone out there bought bats from Ebay in the past? Were they good? Any recommendations as to which companies to use?
sherminator
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Re: Cricket Bats from EBay

Postby bazza1 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:23 pm

I bought 10 bats from India last year for Club bats, they ended up costing about $37 each including postage. I found them to be a little on the heavy side but not too bad.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bulldogs007 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:01 pm

bazza1 wrote:I bought 10 bats from India last year for Club bats, they ended up costing about $37 each including postage. I found them to be a little on the heavy side but not too bad.

Cost cutting Bazza lol
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:49 am

Do what Bazza did, buy a bundle of them. You'll get some duds in there but a few will be quite good and the rest ok.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby sherminator » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 am

Yeah Trader, I'll probably do that. I found two bats for $10 each (postage $110). $65 per bat is ok! I've got a 50% chance that one of them will be good! My old bat cost me $300 and only lasted 2 and a bit seasons before the handle snapped. If I get these two and they last a season each I'm still $170 up! ;) :lol:
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby Browny25 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:30 am

Pretty sure you will find that "genuine" bats from India are not so genuine...
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby best on hill » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

sherminator wrote:Hi guys,

I broke my bat late last season and need a new one for this year. I was thinking about getting one from EBay. There are so many cheap bats from India on sale. I know a few guys who got some late last season for a bargain. They seemed ok but I am a bit reluctant as I don't want to spend $100 or so for something that turns out to be rubbish. Has anyone out there bought bats from Ebay in the past? Were they good? Any recommendations as to which companies to use?

me and the missus brought a bat from ebay for my brother inlaw (so he would stop useing mine) it was a MRF i ran it in for him and he only had a few innings with it and the handle broke but he said it had a great middle so i think its a bit of a lottery but you will also get the odd awsome one in amongst them. a club in whyalla only uses cheaper bats brought of the internet and they figure out which are the good ones and turf out the not so good ones. they also by in bulk.
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby dark & stormy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:20 pm

hey sherminator, if you only broke the handle replace the handle you can get them done for about $70.
if you are also looking for new bats try cash convertors .I bought a kookaburra big edge for $90 and they retail for 200 plus
hope that helps
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dogmatic » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Browny25 wrote:Pretty sure you will find that "genuine" bats from India are not so genuine...

They all grow on trees.
For every one I miss I am closer to a hole in one.
Dogmatic
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Iron Fist » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

I bought a MRF of ebay a couple of years ago, problem I had was it was to lite.
but they did send me the weight I wanted.
Wasnt made of english willow but a kashmir willow.
Sounded horrible if ya didnt hit the middle but when you did middle one it went.

Only tip I would say is buy it from someone in Australia, Someone told me this cause if you buy from a India direct person it may not get through customs.
thats what I was told anyways!!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby sherminator » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Smasha wrote:hey sherminator, if you only broke the handle replace the handle you can get them done for about $70.
if you are also looking for new bats try cash convertors .I bought a kookaburra big edge for $90 and they retail for 200 plus
hope that helps

I can't believe I didn't even think about getting it repaired! #-o Thanks Smasha, $79 from the cricket warehouse for a new handle.
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby cricket4life » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:36 pm

well i picked up an MRF from a friend who had bought a whole heap off Ebay. he sold me it for 50bucks. i used it last year n am certainly going to use it this year. its an awesome bat in my mind. really good weight. but on sayin that, a few other people who has bought some of these MRFs from this bloke didnt think too much of their bat. so i think it may be a bit of pot luck really. i would reccommend it for sure though!!

there is also a bloke at our club who bought a bat from cashies. Kookaburra. paid 70 bucks for it and its a pretty sweet bat. so yeh have a look there too
cricket4life

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Dogmatic wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Pretty sure you will find that "genuine" bats from India are not so genuine...

They all grow on trees.

=)) Gold Dogmatic!! =))
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10404 times
Been liked: 1538 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I've seen you bat, don't spend to much :lol:
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby sherminator » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 pm

words of wisdom wrote:

I've seen you bat, don't spend to much :lol:

HaHa! Thanks WOW! My thoughts exactly! Thats why I'm looking for the cheapest option! :lol:
sherminator
Under 16s

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps