Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Country Twenty20 Champions Cup

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:Early Feb is the final on AO I think, Meadows only have Tarque Williamson who has played grad cricket, even played some 2nd XI state cricket I think. But have about 3-4 blokes who could/should play grade cricket, would walk into B grade level minimum easily.

second XI??????
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Adelaide Oval set for triple-header treat

An entertaining and exciting day of cricket looms at Adelaide Oval on Sunday 6 February, with three high quality matches being played to conclude the SAMCA Twenty20 Champions Cup and the Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Champions Cup.
These two competitions give thousands of grassroots cricketers the chance to fulfill their dreams and play on the world-renowned Adelaide Oval.
The day also marks the launch of SACA’s FeBLUary activities, which aims to raise awareness about the serious issues of depression and mental health in the South Australian cricket community.
The first part of the day will involve the finals of the country and metro Twenty20 competitions, with the two winners playing off in the afternoon for the Be Active Statewide Twenty20 Championship.
The metropolitan final between Salisbury West and Prince Alfred Old Collegians is first, at 9:30am, followed by the country final, starting at 12:30pm, between Stansbury and Meadows. The final playoff between the two winners starts at 3:40pm.
The morning match between Salisbury West and Prince Alfred Old Collegians shapes as a belter, with both sides having enjoyed success in their respective local competitions throughout the season.
PAC have enjoyed the services of some high quality players throughout the early stages of the tournament.
Redbacks rookie Tom Brinsley, and current member of the South Australian Shield side Tom Moffat, have both made guest appearances.
The ‘Reds’ will be without the services of these two for their semifinal, but two-time Bradman Medalist and captain-coach Ben Hook is still there to provide plenty of star power.
Adam Ozolins, a former District player, is the star for Salisbury West, currently sitting eighth in the Para Districts Cricket Association runs list with a healthy 12 wickets from nine games to boot.
Quick bowler John McInnes also boasts an impressive 25 wickets at a remarkable average of 9.4 for Salisbury West this season.
The Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Cup final sees two powerhouses of country cricket coming together in a clash of the titans.
Stansbury have won seven consecutive A-grade premierships in the Lower Yorke Peninsula Cricket Association, while Meadows have won three of the last five in the Hills Cricket Association including going undefeated last season.
As with PAC, Stansbury have enjoyed some big name guest appearances in their side throughout the season.
Crows star Bernie Vince hails from Stansbury, and has been known to play an occasional cameo in the Baggy Blues’ batting order.
For this match, the star attraction will be former Adelaide Crows rookie James Moss, who was a gun underage cricketer before he took his hand to professional football, and now a regular in Stansbury’s top order.
Captain-coach Adam Pitt is another Stansbury gun, batting at three and having represented the SA Outbacks in the past.
For Meadows, tenacious fast bowler Tarque Williamson, who has played A-grade for Adelaide and Glenelg as well as playing SA Outbacks, is sure to offer plenty of entertainment.
During the month of February 2010, more than 6,500 cricketers from metropolitan and country cricket clubs and associations will join forces to spread this important health message.
One in five people will experience depression in their lifetime, it could be you, a member of your family or a friend. SACA strongly encourages every club and association to get involved.
The kiosk and bar will be open all day in the Bradman Stand, and gates open at 8:00am.

MATCH PROGRAM – Sunday, 6 February, Adelaide Oval
9:30am – SAMCA Twenty20 Champions Cup Final – Salisbury West vs PAC Old Collegians
12:30pm – Country Living Homes Country Twenty20 Cup Final – Stansbury vs Meadows
3:40pm – Be Active Statewide Twenty20 Championship Grand Final – Metro Champion vs Country Champion
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:32 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Early Feb is the final on AO I think, Meadows only have Tarque Williamson who has played grad cricket, even played some 2nd XI state cricket I think. But have about 3-4 blokes who could/should play grade cricket, would walk into B grade level minimum easily.

second XI??????

Didn't he play Shield?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Dont think he ever played Shield but was in the Redbacks squad I believe

Meadows is an interesting story, only 7-8 years ago they were in B grade of the HCA and didnt even win the B grade comp but were asked by the HCA committee to have a go in A grade to make even numbers, they were very reluctant and had to be convinced and Meadows ended up accepting based on getting a guarantee from the HCA that they would have an A grade spot for 5 years min. With their young team they have essentially developed to where they are today. A great story
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby JS SPORTS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:10 pm

The Meadows boys will look a treat, Go Doggies!
Meadows CC Sublimated Polo Shirt 10.jpg
Meadows CC Sublimated Polo Shirt 10.jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 1292 times
JS Sports is committed to deliver the highest level of quality products and services and ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved
JS SPORTS
SAFooty.net approved advertiser

Location: 98 Rundle Rd Salisbury South, directly opposite the hangars at Parafield airport
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby sports follower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Any final results?
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby smac » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 am

Meadows won the country final but lost the statewide final to PAOC. Terrific day with almost 1,000 people in attendance during the country final, I don't think anyone was actually left in Stansbury - a great travelling crowd that one.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jugs » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 am

smac wrote:Meadows won the country final but lost the statewide final to PAOC. Terrific day with almost 1,000 people in attendance during the country final, I don't think anyone was actually left in Stansbury - a great travelling crowd that one.

Stansbury wouldn't be able to compete against the bigger clubs in the Flereiu. Same as Meadows wouldn't be able to compete against the bigger clubs in Adelaide Turf.
Jugs
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby Grahaml » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I saw the Meadows v Stansbury game and it always looked to be a very competitive match. Stansbury's running between wickets in the first 12 overs was brilliant, taking advantage of some ordinary field settings by Meadows. Probably just lacked a few boundaries in the last 8 overs or so to post a really good score, but was enough to bowl at.

Meadows did well early to keep wickets in hand and a steady run rate while Stansbury leaked 7 or 8 runs from misfields (something Meadows didn't do) and looked likely to make the difference. But the bowling from the Stansbury bloke (who batted really well) was just awful. Blokes bowling slow spin should never land the ball in their own half, let alone 3 times in 1 over! I presume he was the captain, because I can't imagine how else he'd have got the chance to bowl.

But was a great day. SACA put on a nice function for some of the club representatives, and this looks a chance to be an annual event. Would be great if that was the case, but I'd be wanting a few minor tweaks to the whole event. Qualification for playing being 1 of them. Apparently players didn't even have to have played for their clubs this season at all!
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby carey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Grahaml wrote:I saw the Meadows v Stansbury game and it always looked to be a very competitive match. Stansbury's running between wickets in the first 12 overs was brilliant, taking advantage of some ordinary field settings by Meadows. Probably just lacked a few boundaries in the last 8 overs or so to post a really good score, but was enough to bowl at.

Meadows did well early to keep wickets in hand and a steady run rate while Stansbury leaked 7 or 8 runs from misfields (something Meadows didn't do) and looked likely to make the difference. But the bowling from the Stansbury bloke (who batted really well) was just awful. Blokes bowling slow spin should never land the ball in their own half, let alone 3 times in 1 over! I presume he was the captain, because I can't imagine how else he'd have got the chance to bowl.

But was a great day. SACA put on a nice function for some of the club representatives, and this looks a chance to be an annual event. Would be great if that was the case, but I'd be wanting a few minor tweaks to the whole event. Qualification for playing being 1 of them. Apparently players didn't even have to have played for their clubs this season at all!

that would be adam pitt fitness freak and all round gun sportsmen
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Grahaml » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Him and Mossy, the two were brilliant. Easy two to long off all day and Meadows never brought the guy in closer.

Not sure he's such a gun bowler though. Lol.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps