Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:52 pm

The Hound wrote:
Slidingdoors wrote:Confirmed, Agar to the Buffs


Heard he signed because he is good mates with Page, so seems Page to the Buffs if true
Page to replace Raphael and Agar to replace Neate?

I wouldn't be surprised if Raphael played 20/20 only for the Buffs either.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slidingdoors » Thu May 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Raph come out of retirement before Christmas to save the day
Slidingdoors
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri May 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Slidingdoors wrote:Wouldn’t be surprised if we see Raph come out of retirement before Christmas to save the day

The first retirement doesn't take
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:47 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Hound wrote:
Slidingdoors wrote:Confirmed, Agar to the Buffs


Heard he signed because he is good mates with Page, so seems Page to the Buffs if true
Page to replace Raphael and Agar to replace Neate?

I wouldn't be surprised if Raphael played 20/20 only for the Buffs either.
Confirmed for both via the Club's Facebook page.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slidingdoors » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:38 pm

Big trouble on pre futures league weekends with no Agar, Valente or Pengelley allowed to bowl
Slidingdoors
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:23 am

Slidingdoors wrote:Big trouble on pre futures league weekends with no Agar, Valente or Pengelley allowed to bowl


Very interesting around BBL time too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 30170
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 2033 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:27 am

Do PPJ and Tait have the same Manager?
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Off The Wall » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Carl Hooper signed on to coach Southern Districts?
Off The Wall
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 am
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 am

Off The Wall wrote:Carl Hooper signed on to coach Southern Districts?

Confirmed on their Facebook page

The club is pleased to announce the appointment of new High Performance Coach Carl Hooper. Lots of hard work has gone into securing Carl’s services and it is an extremely exciting appointment for the club. Please see below letter from new Club President Grant Lovelock for more information.

We would also like to welcome Sunam Gautam who has made the move from Victorian Premier Cricket to South Australia. Sunam will represent the club in all One Day and T20 matches for the upcoming season.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slidingdoors » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Rumours of Mark Eichler joining him as his assistant
Slidingdoors
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Slidingdoors wrote:Rumours of Mark Eichler joining him as his assistant

"They're like the original odd couple!"
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slidingdoors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:24 am

Henry Hunt confirmed to Kensington, Henry Dall pushed out to another north eastern club
Slidingdoors
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Slidingdoors wrote:Henry Hunt confirmed to Kensington, Henry Dall pushed out to another north eastern club


Ive heard Hunt is playing for Adelaide
maxi
Member
 
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slidingdoors » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm

There is a vote on a couple of weeks to do away with D grade and 16 and 14 whites

Won’t get up this year but will next year
Slidingdoors
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Mypolonga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Getting rid of U14 Whites makes no sense

All the latest stuff on soccer in Europe I've read says DON'T cut kids too early. Too hard at younger age groups to know who the best ones are going to be. Massive differences in size and strength, as well as experience and confidence.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:24 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Getting rid of U14 Whites makes no sense

All the latest stuff on soccer in Europe I've read says DON'T cut kids too early. Too hard at younger age groups to know who the best ones are going to be. Massive differences in size and strength, as well as experience and confidence.
Palms the development back to community clubs with less facilities and access to quality coaching
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15353
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 451 times
Been liked: 1072 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:34 pm

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Getting rid of U14 Whites makes no sense

All the latest stuff on soccer in Europe I've read says DON'T cut kids too early. Too hard at younger age groups to know who the best ones are going to be. Massive differences in size and strength, as well as experience and confidence.
Palms the development back to community clubs with less facilities and access to quality coaching

Apologies if on the wrong thread but speaking of the community clubs, heard a rumour from someone involved at a turf club that they are going to "modified rules' up to at least u/15 level, if not u/17 level as well. (i.e. everyone gets a bat and bowl, a bit like Kanga cricket). Not sure if that's true but awful if it is and makes keeping at least the 14 Whites so much more important.
Minimum Chips
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:50 pm

If some clubs are struggling to fill those grades, that means that there's too many clubs. Not too many grades.

Weaker clubs dragging the competition down.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 906 times
Been liked: 147 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:56 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:If some clubs are struggling to fill those grades, that means that there's too many clubs. Not too many grades.

Weaker clubs dragging the competition down.

Dead right, talent pool stretched too thin.. too many clubs.
If you fall i'll catch you - Floor
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10041
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 2448 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 am

The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:If some clubs are struggling to fill those grades, that means that there's too many clubs. Not too many grades.

Weaker clubs dragging the competition down.

Dead right, talent pool stretched too thin.. too many clubs.

Agreed however I fear that the easiest option will be taken (i.e. the weaker clubs will get their way and these grades will be canned). Less work they have to do then. Then let's see what excuses come up next.
Minimum Chips
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests