Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:40 pm

heater31 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
heater31 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:West Torrens sign Ryan Gibson from NSW
Need to be recruiting players with better first class averages than 16 for the Redbacks!


Second in NSW Premier Cricket aggregate last year: 719 runs at an average of 59.92. A very good get IMHO.
Cheers
State 2nd XI stats? So far all that tells people is good at club level


Last year made over 450 runs at average of about 36, including one century and two fifties. Not too bad. Similar to what Will Bosisto did for WA before giving it a go over here and he has ended up with a full contract over guys like Page, Pengelly, Dalton etc who dominate Grade cricket. Definitely worth a punt for him anyway.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 193 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:49 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
heater31 wrote:[quote="helicopterking"]West Torrens sign Ryan Gibson from NSW
Need to be recruiting players with better first class averages than 16 for the Redbacks!


Second in NSW Premier Cricket aggregate last year: 719 runs at an average of 59.92. A very good get IMHO.
Cheers
State 2nd XI stats? So far all that tells people is good at club level


Last year made over 450 runs at average of about 36, including one century and two fifties. Not too bad. Similar to what Will Bosisto did for WA before giving it a go over here and he has ended up with a full contract over guys like Page, Pengelly, Dalton etc who dominate Grade cricket. Definitely worth a punt for him anyway.[/quote]

Yeah if he's wanting to do what Bosisto did no issue. Here for the right reasons and now must perform
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1111 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat May 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Has Gibson been given a Redbacks' contract?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Sun May 10, 2020 8:57 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Has Gibson been given a Redbacks' contract?

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't.
Well done to Drew and Davis if they have scored a contract. Both deserving of one and have also performed well at 2nd X1 level. That may be why Pengelley didn't get one.
With regard to rookie contracts - I'm pretty sure there has to be at least 3 (up to 6) each year. Unless the rules have changed because of Covid? This would then rule out the likes of Scott, Kelly x 2 etc. who may have been looked at?
Minimum Chips
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby the star » Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Has Gibson been given a Redbacks' contract?

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't.
Well done to Drew and Davis if they have scored a contract. Both deserving of one and have also performed well at 2nd X1 level. That may be why Pengelley didn't get one.
With regard to rookie contracts - I'm pretty sure there has to be at least 3 (up to 6) each year. Unless the rules have changed because of Covid? This would then rule out the likes of Scott, Kelly x 2 etc. who may have been looked at?



I have heard that there will be 5 rookies
the star
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:18 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon May 11, 2020 9:39 pm

the star wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Has Gibson been given a Redbacks' contract?

I'd be very surprised if he hasn't.
Well done to Drew and Davis if they have scored a contract. Both deserving of one and have also performed well at 2nd X1 level. That may be why Pengelley didn't get one.
With regard to rookie contracts - I'm pretty sure there has to be at least 3 (up to 6) each year. Unless the rules have changed because of Covid? This would then rule out the likes of Scott, Kelly x 2 etc. who may have been looked at?



I have heard that there will be 5 rookies

Hopefully locals (plus Liam Scott)
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon May 18, 2020 10:54 am

Hearing Pirates still on the lookout for a coach and Sea Horses have advertised for an A Grade coach.

Looks like a young pirates bowler is looking to go to one of the western based coastal clubs.
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aeropti » Tue May 19, 2020 2:45 pm

Heard Liam Scott and Josh Hoffman a chance to leave the Bays to head to East Torrens
Oakley a good chance to be back with TTG
Aeropti
Mini-League
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Unley

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue May 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Hoffman leaving has been rumoured before but he stayed where he is
Glenelg a good club. Can't understand why players would leave

Oakley leaving in the first place made no sense. Had such a great year with TTG, earned a 2nd XI game and a contract. Everything was going so well, silly to change
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2017 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:28 pm

when do we expect the state contracts to be announced?
Eagles2017
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:43 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:30 pm

Eagles2017 wrote:when do we expect the state contracts to be announced?
Should be soon. isn't it by the end of May usually? Or a delay this year because the national body has disorganised finances?
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15660
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1111 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Wed May 20, 2020 2:27 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2017 wrote:when do we expect the state contracts to be announced?
Should be soon. isn't it by the end of May usually? Or a delay this year because the national body has disorganised finances?

Only a guess and based on names already mentioned in previous posts:
In: Drew, Davis, Gibson?
Out: Page, Dalton, Zampa?
Not sure about rookies although I believe B Pengelley is too old now?
Minimum Chips
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby josephkony2012 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 am

Rumours out of state cricket that Matt Renshaw in discussions with TTG after agreeing to relocate to SA
josephkony2012
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:27 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Central Eyre

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Sat May 23, 2020 10:23 am

josephkony2012 wrote:Rumours out of state cricket that Matt Renshaw in discussions with TTG after agreeing to relocate to SA

That’s a great get for the Redbacks (and TTG) if true.
User avatar
Aerie
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 261 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby ferret » Sun May 24, 2020 10:39 am

Aerie wrote:
josephkony2012 wrote:Rumours out of state cricket that Matt Renshaw in discussions with TTG after agreeing to relocate to SA

That’s a great get for the Redbacks (and TTG) if true.


Might help get rid of some cemented in Redback failures.
User avatar
ferret
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 43 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 24, 2020 11:42 am

ferret wrote:
Aerie wrote:
josephkony2012 wrote:Rumours out of state cricket that Matt Renshaw in discussions with TTG after agreeing to relocate to SA

That’s a great get for the Redbacks (and TTG) if true.


Might help get rid of some cemented in Redback failures.

For a new cemented in failure? If you recruit him you cant drop him and if he shows the form of last season we will be carrying another one.
I hope thats not the case and the change of scenery sees his form return. Good recruit imo
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach
 
 
Posts: 9413
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:35 pm
Has liked: 1824 times
Been liked: 1342 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 pm

TTG may need to target another batsmen. Renshaw apparently not coming, although SACA's went hard.

ACA and CA still butting heads over contract payments for the top end of town, not keen in taking a % reduction.
State contracts might be a couple of weeks off.
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Trader » Mon May 25, 2020 5:03 pm

The Hound wrote:ACA and CA still butting heads over contract payments for the top end of town, not keen in taking a % reduction.


I actually agree with the players here. Why should they take a cut, CA hasn't lost any revenue yet.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2852
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 404 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 am

How did Kelvin Smith go over in WA last season? Would he come home if he doesn't get a chance with WA at first class level? Is he more of a chance of getting a game with the Redbacks now the coach has gone, if he performs at Grade/2nd XI level (like he usually does)?
User avatar
Aerie
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 261 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue May 26, 2020 1:03 am

Aerie wrote:How did Kelvin Smith go over in WA last season? Would he come home if he doesn't get a chance with WA at first class level? Is he more of a chance of getting a game with the Redbacks now the coach has gone, if he performs at Grade/2nd XI level (like he usually does)?

Played a couple of 2nd XI games. Made 81* in one innings

821 runs at 45 and 22 wickets at 19 at grade level so pretty solid. Made three tons.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1034 times
Been liked: 166 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests