Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:52 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Whisper that there's a few bucks going on the table to incentivise clubs to merge

Again

Maybe that's why the grant dollars are drying up

Stuff the merger path, it's been tried and failed.

Set a standard list of requirements for clubs to meet - those who don't, send to ATCA.

Bullseye

Offer 10 licenses.

Clubs have to apply to be in the competition with a guarantee for any merged clubs.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:19 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Whisper that there's a few bucks going on the table to incentivise clubs to merge

Again

Maybe that's why the grant dollars are drying up

Stuff the merger path, it's been tried and failed.

Set a standard list of requirements for clubs to meet - those who don't, send to ATCA.

Bullseye

Offer 10 licenses.

Clubs have to apply to be in the competition with a guarantee for any merged clubs.


Uni wouldn't be happy going to ATCA having no juniors :lol:
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Whisper that there's a few bucks going on the table to incentivise clubs to merge

Again

Maybe that's why the grant dollars are drying up

Stuff the merger path, it's been tried and failed.

Set a standard list of requirements for clubs to meet - those who don't, send to ATCA.


The last time that SACA audited clubs on a list of requirements, West Torrens ended up in the top three clubs overall... and then were told they had to merge or be kicked out. I hope that doesn't happen to any club again if such a process is introduced.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:02 am
Location: West Beach
Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 131 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby wedgetail » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:27 pm

maxi wrote:Page and Oakley heading back to tea tree gully


Oakley didn't really fit in at Torrens and seemed quite immature. He will be back in his comfort zone at TTG.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:46 pm
Location: The Eagle Eye over Oval Ave
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:08 pm

From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.
Minimum Chips
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:55 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.


Inspiring choice that’ll keep the disgruntled players at the club!
maxi
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:16 pm

Good on him for putting his hand up. Tough gig. Only way is up I guess
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:19 am

maxi wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.


Inspiring choice that’ll keep the disgruntled players at the club!


Not to many coaches around willing to put there hand up Maxi, not just for the Prospect role but for other clubs role, Bays finding it difficult to get an A Grade coach.
Maybe you could jump on board as an assistant at the Pirates to provide the inspiration.
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:16 am

The Hound wrote:
maxi wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.


Inspiring choice that’ll keep the disgruntled players at the club!


Not to many coaches around willing to put there hand up Maxi, not just for the Prospect role but for other clubs role, Bays finding it difficult to get an A Grade coach.
Maybe you could jump on board as an assistant at the Pirates to provide the inspiration.


Hats off to him don’t know the guy but the clubs on its knees just surprised they didn’t throw the kitchen sink at a proven coach Can’t see them surviving much longer
maxi
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:51 pm

maxi wrote:
The Hound wrote:
maxi wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.


Inspiring choice that’ll keep the disgruntled players at the club!


Not to many coaches around willing to put there hand up Maxi, not just for the Prospect role but for other clubs role, Bays finding it difficult to get an A Grade coach.
Maybe you could jump on board as an assistant at the Pirates to provide the inspiration.


Hats off to him don’t know the guy but the clubs on its knees just surprised they didn’t throw the kitchen sink at a proven coach Can’t see them surviving much longer


They threw the kitchen sink at previous proven coaches but unfortunately it didn't follow through into results.
The decision may have been made easier due to the potential reduction in funding from SACA and ACA and they may have had to appoint based on their fiscal constraints.
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Fair call
maxi
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Woodville have picked up a guy from Sydney Pinton? who is quite quick apparently

Will have some pace if Summers comes back too
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aeropti » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Nick Bertus to Northern Districts. very good pick up for the Jets.
Aeropti
Member
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:56 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Sam McNally coaching the Bays 1st Grade
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:27 am

Recommendation from women's structure working group for Seahorses to be admitted into Women's First grade, should be a long PCC meeting next Monday after the SACA Board meeting, would think next Board meeting would be discussing Hussey's review.
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:37 pm

Is that when they will also vote on the changes to 4th Grade & juniors?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1046 times
Been liked: 170 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Computer Crashed » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 pm

maxi wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:From Ben Hook's column in today's Sunday Mail:

STEERING PIRATES’ SHIP

SACA Premier Cricket battler Prospect Cricket Club has a new coach ahead of the upcoming summer.

Steven Broberg will take over the reins at the Pirates, who have taken out the last four first-grade wooden spoons.

Broberg, who has Level 3 coaching qualifications, is better known in the regions of SA, but has invested a lifetime in cricket and has been involved in game development in WA and Victoria. He moved to Adelaide five years ago to be SACA’s country cricket co-ordinator and coaching and talent development specialist.


Inspiring choice that’ll keep the disgruntled players at the club!

I understand some knowledge and teaching skills are required to be a cricket coach in the Premier League, but shit, if it's not a happy enjoyable environment at any club then you are screwed from day dot. Quality players follow then you build on that, it's a marathon not a sprint. Prospect need someone that brings that.
Computer Crashed
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:34 pm
Has liked: 195 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Is that when they will also vote on the changes to 4th Grade & juniors?


The clubs are currently providing there position to SACA on the recommendations and the PCC will discuss/vote any proposed changes at that meeting
The Hound
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby onthemove » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Any thoughts on what way the PCC vote will go tonight re age groups and 4th grade?
When will the result be known?
onthemove
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:44 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby the smokey » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:09 pm

onthemove wrote:Any thoughts on what way the PCC vote will go tonight re age groups and 4th grade?
When will the result be known?


My understanding is the vote is on the 17th.

I believe that the senior vote will pass and the junior vote will depend on the answers on the night which will probably mean that will not pass.
I just hope when the senior vote passes and it should that grade cricket and ATCA get their programs aligned for the first time in a long time
the smokey
Member
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests