ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:32 am

You would hope it was !

But looking at the second side that played group 2 i would of assumed that was the best

Maybe a few unavailable
User avatar
no_remorse28
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Bluedemon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Trader wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:
any ground that footy finished early on would be ok i would think might just be a few green tops. they wont postpone. lucky helmets are mandatory


I seen Tompkins was very excited that he has some news to announce regarding this soon


At tonight's delegates meeting ATCA confirmed the helmet rule remains in place for this weekend's games.

As for moving saturday's games, forecast is for no more rain as of tomorrow afternoon so those that have access to a curator Saturday morning should make reasonable wickets still.
I'm also aware of a few clubs that prepared decks tuesday and put them under covers Wed/Thursday so they only need a touch up friday.

Agree with other comments that you can't play a tuesday arvo fixture this time of year.
Games that don't get away on Saturday will simply share the points I think.


what is the helmet rule?
Sturt Premiers 18s, Reserves & League 2017
#sturtfactory2017
User avatar
Bluedemon
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Goodwood
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: ATCA

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:15 pm

Bluedemon wrote:
Trader wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:
any ground that footy finished early on would be ok i would think might just be a few green tops. they wont postpone. lucky helmets are mandatory


I seen Tompkins was very excited that he has some news to announce regarding this soon


At tonight's delegates meeting ATCA confirmed the helmet rule remains in place for this weekend's games.

As for moving saturday's games, forecast is for no more rain as of tomorrow afternoon so those that have access to a curator Saturday morning should make reasonable wickets still.
I'm also aware of a few clubs that prepared decks tuesday and put them under covers Wed/Thursday so they only need a touch up friday.

Agree with other comments that you can't play a tuesday arvo fixture this time of year.
Games that don't get away on Saturday will simply share the points I think.


what is the helmet rule?
It's a simple one.....must wear to all bowlers except spinners. If you take it off must get ok from umpires or opposition skipper.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15776
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 473 times
Been liked: 1131 times

Re: ATCA

Postby holdy2323 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:02 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:You would hope it was !

But looking at the second side that played group 2 i would of assumed that was the best

Maybe a few unavailable



Pretty sure pooraka have lost a few to retirement.
I think they will struggle and get relegated
holdy2323
Member
 
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:39 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:13 pm

holdy2323 wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:You would hope it was !

But looking at the second side that played group 2 i would of assumed that was the best

Maybe a few unavailable



Pretty sure pooraka have lost a few to retirement.
I think they will struggle and get relegated

Whoa .... hang on, surely not. If Hanson plays they aint getting relegated.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 327 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:How about those little old Adelaide Tim Davey Lions Rockets....

A drinking club that don't train.

Haha .... some of them might be getting on, but they can still play.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 327 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:15 pm

I heard this afternoon the helmet rule has changed
Sturt Premiers 18s, Reserves & League 2017
#sturtfactory2017
User avatar
Bluedemon
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Goodwood
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:19 pm

Bluedemon wrote:I heard this afternoon the helmet rule has changed

It’s on FB
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12355
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2758 times
Been liked: 2980 times

Re: ATCA

Postby ray borner » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:I heard this afternoon the helmet rule has changed

It’s on FB


Common sense prevails :D
ray borner
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 am

tips for this weekend's games?
should be an interesting week starting with a one dayer. T20 last week would have been a good way to get most cob webs out

Grange v Para Hills
Marion v Ingle Farm
PAOC v Flinders Park
Pooraka v Old Scotch
SPOC v Reynella
Walkerville v Trinity OS

A2
Goodwood v Brighton
Hope Valley v Payneham
Old Ignatians v Port Districts
Rostrevor OC v SHOC
Woodville Rechabite v Modbury
Woodville South v Fulham

A3
Adelaide Lions v Unley
Brahma Lodge v Pembroke OS
Hectorville v Golden Grove
Ingle Farm v Gepps Cross
Para Hills v Old Concordians
Trinity College OS v Goodwood
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:05 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: ATCA

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:tips for this weekend's games?
should be an interesting week starting with a one dayer. T20 last week would have been a good way to get most cob webs out

Grange v Para Hills
Marion v Ingle Farm
PAOC v Flinders Park
Pooraka v Old Scotch
SPOC v Reynella
Walkerville v Trinity OS

A2
Goodwood v Brighton
Hope Valley v Payneham
Old Ignatians v Port Districts
Rostrevor OC v SHOC
Woodville Rechabite v Modbury
Woodville South v Fulham

A3
Adelaide Lions v Unley
Brahma Lodge v Pembroke OS
Hectorville v Golden Grove
Ingle Farm v Gepps Cross
Para Hills v Old Concordians
Trinity College OS v Goodwood


Bit of rain about, with some underdone wickets hopefully we get away
User avatar
no_remorse28
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: ATCA

Postby bloods08 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:02 pm

This rain is a bit of a bugger. Would want to stop pretty soon. Otherwise a lot of guys won’t get any cricket in before the 31st.
Go you Redbacks!
User avatar
bloods08
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: right here
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:04 pm

bloods08 wrote:This rain is a bit of a bugger. Would want to stop pretty soon. Otherwise a lot of guys won’t get any cricket in before the 31st.

Looking at the radar it’s not looking good
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12355
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2758 times
Been liked: 2980 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Anything North of the city .... no covers = no play
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 327 times

Re: ATCA

Postby tigerpie » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Didn't get a lot of rain down south but it was just persistent little pain in the ass showers.
Just enough to water the leaf.
Covers are on so hopefully we'll be OK to go by 12:30.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2564
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 254 times
Been liked: 208 times

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:51 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Anything North of the city .... no covers = no play

It rained at my place until about midnight.. constant.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12355
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2758 times
Been liked: 2980 times

Re: ATCA

Postby bloods08 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 am

Day to go ahead as scheduled. Umpires and captains to make the final call at each venue.
Go you Redbacks!
User avatar
bloods08
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: right here
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:07 pm

Some interesting results in A1 yesterday. Both teams who were promoted to A1 had good wins with Flinders Park accounting for Princes and Reynella getting over SPOC in a low scoring game. I was surprised by both those results. Trinity had a good win over Walkerville and Ingle Farm snuck home against Marion. I believe Pooraka v OSCA and Grange v Para Hills didn't get away.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 327 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Trader » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Some interesting results in A1 yesterday. Both teams who were promoted to A1 had good wins with Flinders Park accounting for Princes and Reynella getting over SPOC in a low scoring game. I was surprised by both those results. Trinity had a good win over Walkerville and Ingle Farm snuck home against Marion. I believe Pooraka v OSCA and Grange v Para Hills didn't get away.


Interesting Pooraka didn't play given they have covers now.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2949
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 430 times

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:55 am

Trader wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Some interesting results in A1 yesterday. Both teams who were promoted to A1 had good wins with Flinders Park accounting for Princes and Reynella getting over SPOC in a low scoring game. I was surprised by both those results. Trinity had a good win over Walkerville and Ingle Farm snuck home against Marion. I believe Pooraka v OSCA and Grange v Para Hills didn't get away.


Interesting Pooraka didn't play given they have covers now.

I think the pitch was ok, but the surrounds were too wet. Must be frustrating to invest money, time and effort into covering a pitch and still not be able to play.
Senor Moto Gadili
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 327 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests