Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Heard Zac Worden leaving Port Adelaide to go back to TTG. Heard Weeksy is livid, but these young kids leave their junior clubs to get A Grade experience, use the Club up and then head home. He has had a great year, played a Second X1 game and would think have to get a Rookie contract with Redbacks next season.
Eagles2014
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 278 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:29 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Kelvin Smith back in town next season?
I saw during the week that is grade club Wanneroo won the WA Premier Cricket first grade premiership last weekend, Smith took a ripper at second slip in the match-
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNEkwTghryo ... rq8gm9icdf

He made 1096 runs @54.80 across all formats for the summer.


His team defended 118, won by about six runs I think. We are hopeful he will be back. At age 26 is the perfect age for Shield cricket, Dizzy is a fan. Problem this year was WA did not play any Second X1 games so he did not get an opportunity at the next Level. Think he still has plenty to offer for the Redbacks.

It was 8 runs, one of their bowlers took 6/26, Smith took his catch off him.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 29666
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 6929 times
Been liked: 1050 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby cricketfanatic25 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:34 am

smiths innings in one of the other finals was crazy. Chasing 224 he made 137no after wanneroo being 4/102. great innings
cricketfanatic25
Member
 
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:40 am

Eagles2014 wrote:Heard Zac Worden leaving Port Adelaide to go back to TTG. Heard Weeksy is livid, but these young kids leave their junior clubs to get A Grade experience, use the Club up and then head home. He has had a great year, played a Second X1 game and would think have to get a Rookie contract with Redbacks next season.

Also heard Conway might be leaving as well. Also heard Wakim is finished at Uni and will be heading back to NSW, and Ellis heading back to Alice Springs?
Minimum Chips
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 pm
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby the smokey » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:Heard Zac Worden leaving Port Adelaide to go back to TTG. Heard Weeksy is livid, but these young kids leave their junior clubs to get A Grade experience, use the Club up and then head home. He has had a great year, played a Second X1 game and would think have to get a Rookie contract with Redbacks next season.


yea I believe this is done. Weeksy cant be that upset.... cant poach a kid, then be too upset when he goes back to the same club that he came from. This is not only for cricketing reasons but to be around some close mates after some off-field things occurred during the season as well.. none of that is cricket or cricket club-related.
the smokey
Rookie
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby whitepointers » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:46 pm

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Heard 7 Board Members resigned straight away after the vote. Club is falling apart :shock:


If true, they had no option but to resign immediately. Their positions on the board of management is untenable.

Hopefully some of those that voted in favour of the motion will now step up to guide them out of this mess. Won't be easy but they have a mandate from the membership to remain as a separate entity.

2 more resigned today including the President.
whitepointers
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 11:14 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby tigerpie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Last one out, switch off the lights.
Very sad this whole situation.
How do they come back from this?
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 231 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 pm

tigerpie wrote:Last one out, switch off the lights.
Very sad this whole situation.
How do they come back from this?
Those that voted for the motion to cease all discussions of a possible merger need to step up to the plate. Given these last two resignations have come after the previous ones has it allowed for a handover to a new board?
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15963
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 478 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby tigerpie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm

heater31 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Last one out, switch off the lights.
Very sad this whole situation.
How do they come back from this?
Those that voted for the motion to cease all discussions of a possible merger need to step up to the plate. Given these last two resignations have come after the previous ones has it allowed for a handover to a new board?

The board would have to be elected at an agm wouldn't it.
It would be unconstitutional to not I would've thought.
That will be one agm I wouldn't miss if I was a member.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 271 times
Been liked: 231 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 pm

tigerpie wrote:
heater31 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Last one out, switch off the lights.
Very sad this whole situation.
How do they come back from this?
Those that voted for the motion to cease all discussions of a possible merger need to step up to the plate. Given these last two resignations have come after the previous ones has it allowed for a handover to a new board?

The board would have to be elected at an agm wouldn't it.
It would be unconstitutional to not I would've thought.
That will be one agm I wouldn't miss if I was a member.
In most cases in sporting clubs the board can appoint new members to fill casual vacancies due to resignations. But I agree it's a bit of a constitutional nightmare and the best way forward is to call an AGM ASAP.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15963
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 478 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Trader » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 am

SACA loving this.
They won't need to push through a merger or relegate clubs back to ATCA at this rate, as southerns are just going to implode all on their own!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
User avatar
Trader
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 523 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby caleb777 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Trader wrote:SACA loving this.
They won't need to push through a merger or relegate clubs back to ATCA at this rate, as southerns are just going to implode all on their own!


Which was probably the goal all along. They knew that Southern would say no and then fall apart. Just goes to show how incredibly inept the SACA board are at looking after cricket for all.
caleb777
Under 16s
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Port Pirie Power » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:06 pm

How have Northern Districts avoided being involved in merger talks?

Whilst they would have the same argument as Southern Districts being the most northern/southern clubs.. in reality the good juniors/seniors will travel the extra 10-15 minutes to the next district club if they really love cricket. Performance wise them and Southerns are pretty poor.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Prospect DCC
20/21 - 12th
19/20 - Wooden Spoon
18/19 - Wooden Spoon
17/18 - Wooden Spoon
16/17 - Wooden Spoon
15/16 - 9th
14/15 - Wooden Spoon
13/14 - Wooden Spoon
12/13 - Wooden Spoon
11/12 - 7th
10/11 - 11th
09/10 - Wooden Spoon
08/09 - Wooden Spoon
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5099
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 307 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby caleb777 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 pm

Aerie wrote:Prospect DCC
20/21 - 12th
19/20 - Wooden Spoon
18/19 - Wooden Spoon
17/18 - Wooden Spoon
16/17 - Wooden Spoon
15/16 - 9th
14/15 - Wooden Spoon
13/14 - Wooden Spoon
12/13 - Wooden Spoon
11/12 - 7th
10/11 - 11th
09/10 - Wooden Spoon
08/09 - Wooden Spoon


Port Adelaide
11th
12th
7th
9th
4th
11th
11th
4th
11th
9th

Thats no better than SDCC the past 10 years.
caleb777
Under 16s
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:59 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 pm

Didn’t Port Adel win a flag not long ago?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12967
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 2831 times
Been liked: 3109 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:20 pm

The Bedge wrote:Didn’t Port Adel win a flag not long ago?
2013/14
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15963
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 478 times
Been liked: 1168 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Didn’t Port Adel win a flag not long ago?
As did Southern

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 9:50 am
Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 274 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests