ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby tigerpie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 am

The Hound wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Looks pretty ordinary. If you can't get the roller on it on a Friday I won't be ready by Saturday. Unless you have incompetent umpires that don't care how the wicket holds up. Been there before!

Thought you would be doing everything to get the deck up TP, including chartering a helicopter to dry the wicket/outfield out :lol:

Started prep Wednesday arvo knowing the weather was coming. Got the covers on last night.
Helicopters are all booked out by the politicians :(
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:even ovals with covers will have very damp outfields! wha is the rule with losing overs and a delayed start?

we are chasing 140 but if we lose 20 overs and shortens us to 50 what happens then ? does the score get revised down to what they made in 50?

My understanding is this. You are entitled to a maximum of 72 overs because of the heat policy being implemented last week. Tomorrow, the cut off for starting play is 2.30pm. If you haven't started by then, play is abandoned. You can make up 1 hour by extending play until 7.00pm. If you don't receive your full allocation of 72 overs and you still have wickets in hand and haven't reach the other teams score, it is a draw.

Correct.

In relation to outfields, any groundsman worth his wage would have seen the forecast event coming and minimized the water put on the oval this week. In the middle of summer, 25mm should be soaked right up. The rain is scheduled to stop roughly 24 hours before we start, I can't imagine too much of an issue with the outfields.

The bigger concern will be the areas around the edge of the covers. They have the potential to be really bad. If they happen to coincide with a bowlers run up, no chance of playing!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:39 pm

Any official announcement yet?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby on_a_length » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:08 pm

tigerpie wrote:
The Hound wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Looks pretty ordinary. If you can't get the roller on it on a Friday I won't be ready by Saturday. Unless you have incompetent umpires that don't care how the wicket holds up. Been there before!

Thought you would be doing everything to get the deck up TP, including chartering a helicopter to dry the wicket/outfield out :lol:

Started prep Wednesday arvo knowing the weather was coming. Got the covers on last night.
Helicopters are all booked out by the politicians :(

Do you know what the chances of the second oval getting up are?
WE'RE THE MIGHTY HOPE VALLEY!!!
on_a_length

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:26 am

Unless agreed prior by both clubs all scheduled games for Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th January will proceed as scheduled.

A message has been left on the ATCA recorded service confirming the above, the number for your reference is 1900 950 598.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Trader » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:26 am

Play to proceed, surprised, but happy!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:38 am

I guess we are in the hands of the umpires now. Any uncovered pitch will be very soft. Be interesting to see how many games get going on time.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby sportsfan » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Unlucky today fellas. A well fought out quality game of cricket. Guess those "hard wicket" cricketers ain't so bad after all. :D
sportsfan

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:32 pm

So, it looks like all games in A1 and A2 got underway, with the possible exception of ROCS v Woody Rechabites. ROCS will be spewing considering they were playing the bottom side.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:So, it looks like all games in A1 and A2 got underway, with the possible exception of ROCS v Woody Rechabites. ROCS will be spewing considering they were playing the bottom side.

Woops.....scores just gone up and ROCS won outright after falling over the line in first innings. Now 2 games clear on top and almost certain to play finals. Big game this week against Marion. Win that and they just about wrap up minor premiership and promotion to A1. Been a long long time since ROCS were in A1.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby mickey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:So, it looks like all games in A1 and A2 got underway, with the possible exception of ROCS v Woody Rechabites. ROCS will be spewing considering they were playing the bottom side.

Woops.....scores just gone up and ROCS won outright after falling over the line in first innings. Now 2 games clear on top and almost certain to play finals. Big game this week against Marion. Win that and they just about wrap up minor premiership and promotion to A1. Been a long long time since ROCS were in A1.

ROCS were bowled out the ball after they won 1st innings
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Did walkerville v st peters play?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 512 times
Been liked: 440 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:31 pm

yup walkies got up
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 am

sportsfan wrote:Unlucky today fellas. A well fought out quality game of cricket. Guess those "hard wicket" cricketers ain't so bad after all. :D

Did a heap of players make themselves unavailable?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby sportsfan » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
sportsfan wrote:Unlucky today fellas. A well fought out quality game of cricket. Guess those "hard wicket" cricketers ain't so bad after all. :D

Probably, as most associations do. It's hard to get guys to commit to Sunday cricket. And I'm sure on turf it would've been a different result. Just a light hearted jibe at the "hard wicket" cricket term. It was a decent game of cricket played in good spirits.
sportsfan

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Trader » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I believe the starting position is unavailable, and only a few made themselves available.

thevoice wrote:So if we were picking purely the best XI say from A1-A2 based on performances, what would the side look like? Far off?

Solomon, Cameron, Colville, Knight, Knowles, Hanson, Bailey, Dent, Sandercock, Muldoon, Barber

Only 2 of the 11 played from what I understand.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 am

sportsfan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Probably, as most associations do. It's hard to get guys to commit to Sunday cricket. And I'm sure on turf it would've been a different result. Just a light hearted jibe at the "hard wicket" cricket term. It was a decent game of cricket played in good spirits.

Yeah, I've coached the PDCA seniors, womens, 21's and 11's, it makes it pretty frustrating knowing what you could've presented along with late pull outs etc.
I had a pull out while I was arriving at the ground in the 21's GF a couple of years ago...................we won though so it offset the annoyance, especially having to ring someone that I had previously overlooked after they had played in the preliminary games.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:19 am

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I believe the starting position is unavailable, and only a few made themselves available.

thevoice wrote:So if we were picking purely the best XI say from A1-A2 based on performances, what would the side look like? Far off?

Solomon, Cameron, Colville, Knight, Knowles, Hanson, Bailey, Dent, Sandercock, Muldoon, Barber

Only 2 of the 11 played from what I understand.

That wasn't the selected side, but someones personal view - 9/11 of the original side played.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Trader » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Correct, but the "original" side was based on who was available, not who is widely accepted as the best xi. Granted people's views on who the best xi are changes, but everyone can agree the Fry lads are no where near the best 50 in the comp.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Homer J » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Maybe the Associations need to pay some $$$$ incentives to get the best players to play.
After all the best players don't play for free on Saturdays.
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps