Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby sherminator » Wed May 19, 2010 6:34 pm

BLOODS wrote: im already keening up for this season ....need to send a few "pies with sauce" as one great man once said

Only about 18 or so weeks away Bloods!! Don't get too excited mate, wouldn't want to peak mid-August!! ;) :lol:
sherminator
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby Hot Pies » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 pm

sherminator wrote:
BLOODS wrote: im already keening up for this season ....need to send a few "pies with sauce" as one great man once said

Only about 18 or so weeks away Bloods!! Don't get too excited mate, wouldn't want to peak mid-August!! ;) :lol:

mate i peak every night the shit is good in goolwa lol!!! but thanks sherm ill take into account, but when ya footy team crows and the mighty GPEFC are doing crap you dont really have much else to get excited about haha
Hot Pies

Postby Jimmy Recard » Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 pm

mighty bloods wrote:Ah, so my mail was right. Nothing like being a team player. Not sure if the Goolwa boys are going to be too upset.

whats to be upset about?? they are only loosing their best player... Whats going to happen this year? My understanding as stated last year that the 2 compass sides was just a one off, so who will come up to a grade? Yank, Myponga, Victor, Rapid Bay???
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby mighty bloods » Wed May 19, 2010 9:21 pm

certainly not questioning his cricketing ability. he is most certainly a very good player. just not too sure about how he gelled with some team mates but I am willing to stand corrected if i'm off the mark. yes bloods, the footy sucks at the moment but at least the redlegs are stringing a few wins together. bring on the cricket, i say.
Never hide your enthusiasm for winning out of fear of a disappointing defeat.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Cummins-Kapinnie

Postby Once apon a time » Fri May 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Welcome to the forums.
You might want to be a bit more constructive with your first post rather than look like you signed up just to have a go at someone.
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Hot Pies » Sat May 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Once apon a time wrote:Welcome to the forums.
You might want to be a bit more constructive with your first post rather than look like you signed up just to have a go at someone.

i think your choice of post is rather hypacritical, sign up and have a go at some one, done well cheif
Hot Pies

Postby HappyWanderer » Sat May 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Jimmy Recard wrote:
mighty bloods wrote:Ah, so my mail was right. Nothing like being a team player. Not sure if the Goolwa boys are going to be too upset.

whats to be upset about?? they are only loosing their best player... Whats going to happen this year? My understanding as stated last year that the 2 compass sides was just a one off, so who will come up to a grade? Yank, Myponga, Victor, Rapid Bay???

My mail is that Compass wasn't unhappy about the two sides last year and that if needed they would definately think about doing it again. :shock:
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby HappyWanderer » Sat May 29, 2010 7:51 pm

MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.

Spurling will be at Compass
Bodie already signed to go to Eliots
Dunks going to Aldinga
Bartsch & Binns going to Aldinga as well
The great JI retired

All rumors, lets see what happens.......
HappyWanderer
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty bloods » Sun May 30, 2010 12:15 am

thanks for the back up, Bloods. You have made an excellent point. I certainly wasn't having a go at an individual player, just giving a perspective, thats all. geez, if Dunks goes to Aldinga that will certainly strengthen them up. He is a quality cricketer. Would love to see the Bodester in the red & black of Pt Elliot next season. Certainly hope that JI doesn't retire as the GSCA needs players of his ability still playing. The guy is all class, both on & off the field. I certainly have the utmost respect for players of his talent.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Postby mighty bloods » Sun May 30, 2010 12:19 am

Is this ringing in your ears Once upon a time ? Maybe check what you have written next time champ before you hit the Enter button.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Postby mighty bloods » Sun May 30, 2010 12:21 am

HappyWanderer wrote:
MrTeach wrote:So lads, i know it is footy season but have any clubs got any rumours regarding recruits next season.

I know a few boys have mentioned making a return to McLaren. Simon Hatji is one who made a brief mention of it, and 2 other guys considering playing with the Crushers include : Cameron Hockey - Tall fast bowler (would be very handy) and a young fella named David Sboro who has played all his junior cricket at Stingrays and is good mates with Dunks. would make a nice opening batsman.

Spurling will be at Compass
Dunks going to Aldinga
The great JI retired

Could the champ Binnsy really leave his beloved Compass to go elsewhere ?
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Postby mighty bloods » Sun May 30, 2010 12:24 am

HappyWanderer wrote:
Jimmy Recard wrote:

My mail is that Compass wasn't unhappy about the two sides last year and that if needed they would definately think about doing it again. :shock:

Full credit to Compass for entering 2 teams last season but i think they would much rather have 1 team in A grade & 1 team in the B grade comp. I guess we will see what happens.
mighty bloods
Mini-League

Postby Once apon a time » Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 am

BLOODS wrote:

i think your choice of post is rather hypacritical, sign up and have a go at some one, done well cheif[/quote

at least I didn't pay out a GSCA umpire on this site
Once apon a time
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby sherminator » Sun May 30, 2010 11:36 am

HappyWanderer wrote:Spurling will be at Compass
Dunks going to Aldinga
The great JI retired

I heard that the concrete steps in front of the Aldinga clubrooms is going to be renamed the Simon Binns Stand in honour of the football and cricket premierships the great man delivered to the Sharks, is that the reason for the move HW?

If its true that Bartsch is also going, you could pencil in a B grade premiership for the Sharks. The Groves & Bartsch opening partnership would be unstoppable .... although the running between wickets would be entertaining!
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Mon May 31, 2010 8:38 am

Good luck to all in10/11 season hope u all do well but that's it for me time for a break ,22 years with out a break , time to play golf and sit back and have a beer and watch from the side lines see u all later it has been fun but that's all folks
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby the red baron » Mon May 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Please rocky tell me its not true. You are goolwas favourite son and an icon of the gsca, cricket will not be the same without your solid batting and wily spin bowling. :( :( :(
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby sherminator » Mon May 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Is it true that Neil Craig has taken over the Goolwa Cricket Club? No farewell/testimonial game for the great Rocky B? :-o :(( :-({|=
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 pm

im sure they will have a ute in which a farewell will be conducted on surely? :prayer: :prayer: =D>
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby sherminator » Mon May 31, 2010 7:39 pm

WestIndiesWonder24 wrote:im sure they will have a ute in which a farewell will be conducted on surely? :prayer: :prayer: =D>

Do you mean a ute to whisk Rocky on a final lap of honour around Goolwa Oval before he tosses the coin for Round 1? Or a ute to carry him down the main road of Goolwa for a ticker-tape parade? Both fitting tributes for 22 long years of service to Goolwa CC, GSCA & the game in general!
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Surely a Ticket tape parade would be in order and maybe the Key to Goolwa...
Also a Paul Thurlow Like Momento in the Goolwa F.C Clubrooms playing some of his Bread and Butter Cross Bat Heave and Them Tricky Tweakers which have claims many a bag over the Rocks Career :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymdaydream: :ymdaydream:
Well done on a Great Career Rock bad luck about the silverware though.
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps