Adelaide Turf Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Turf Cricket

Postby cantbatcantbowl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

seems like you are a easy fish to catch :roll:
cantbatcantbowl
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby azzaisbest » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

one team is enough to have to make tough calls. however i wonder how you will feel when you watch your C grade mates playing in a semi/grand final, while you are sitting out because they promoted you into the B grade to strengthen your C grade?

God its good going back through the posts and finding gems like this , hey pumba ;)
=)) =))

sorry, couldnt help myself :D
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Pumba » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:40 pm

azzaisbest wrote:
one team is enough to have to make tough calls. however i wonder how you will feel when you watch your C grade mates playing in a semi/grand final, while you are sitting out because they promoted you into the B grade to strengthen your C grade?

God its good going back through the posts and finding gems like this , hey pumba ;)
=)) =))

after a month that is the best that you can come up with azza?

i think we both know that you were lucky your one score over 30 for the year came in the last round and that was the reason you were picked. however your batting in the final was poor to say the least. hit on the body about 5 times (still prolly have to bruises) and then you made a fool of yourself by getting out to the oldest trick in the book, i can describe it in more detail if you wish to carry on about how great a bat you are? should have been in form after you stared in the B grade but then u also failed again the next week!
Pumba
Rookie

Postby azzaisbest » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:01 pm

Pumba wrote:
azzaisbest wrote:

=)) =))

i think we both know that you were lucky your one score over 30 for the year came in the last round and that was the reason you were picked. however your batting in the final was poor to say the least. hit on the body about 5 times (still prolly have to bruises) and then you made a fool of yourself by getting out to the oldest trick in the book, i can describe it in more detail if you wish to carry on about how great a bat you are? should have been in form after you stared in the B grade but then u also failed again the next week!

lighten up pumba, not everything needs to be taken seriously ;) Tell me where i posted how good a bat i am ?? Happy to admit that i got done over in the semi by hooker , my hats goes off to him , smart bowler , dumb me, but aleast i held onto my catches , didnt cost my team a place in the GF like some ;)
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby Pumba » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm

azzaisbest wrote:
Pumba wrote:
azzaisbest wrote:

=)) =))

lighten up pumba, not everything needs to be taken seriously ;) Tell me where i posted how good a bat i am ?? Happy to admit that i got done over in the semi by hooker , my hats goes off to him , smart bowler , dumb me, but aleast i held onto my catches , didnt cost my team a place in the GF like some ;)

azza you are the one who brought this up, i think u are taking it too seriously - no wait maybe just trying to stick the boot in a bit further! personally i wud have rather lost every game this season than played for the least liked team in the comp that is full of old blokes who think they know best, yet they behave worse than all the younger teams! i am sure u feel much happier now knowing you wont have to face hooks or O in B3
Pumba
Rookie

Postby azzaisbest » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 pm

azza you are the one who brought this up, i think u are taking it too seriously - no wait maybe just trying to stick the boot in a bit further! personally i wud have rather lost every game this season than played for the least liked team in the comp that is full of old blokes who think they know best, yet they behave worse than all the younger teams! i am sure u feel much happier now knowing you wont have to face hooks or O in B3

:(( have a cry mate, its alright azza's here to help you through the pain .............

Yes I did bring it up , just a bit of light friendly banter , but you have done it now

Did you run a survey on our popularity in the comp??? Thats awfully nice of you.
I think that you have to PLAY a full season first before you get the right to do that , not sit on the sidelines and wait for another player to get injuried before getting a game. As for the comment about being a bunch of old blokes , mate I can count more multiple premiership players than you have had wanks (or big macs) in that team. Thats premiership players , one thing you will never be.
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby trev » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Nothing to say, just thought it appropriate to bring up my hundred in an appropriate forum!
"Pressure? Pressure is a Messerschmidt up your arse. Playing cricket is not."
trev
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time

Postby saveyourlegs » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:17 pm

trev wrote:Nothing to say, just thought it appropriate to bring up my hundred in an appropriate forum!

Congrats trev =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby catchit » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:06 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

:(( have a cry mate, its alright azza's here to help you through the pain .............

Yes I did bring it up , just a bit of light friendly banter , but you have done it now

Did you run a survey on our popularity in the comp??? Thats awfully nice of you.
I think that you have to PLAY a full season first before you get the right to do that , not sit on the sidelines and wait for another player to get injuried before getting a game. As for the comment about being a bunch of old blokes , mate I can count more multiple premiership players than you have had wanks (or big macs) in that team. Thats premiership players , one thing you will never be.

from a outsiders point of view!! pumba has not only taken the bait he has also taken the whole rod :roll:
azza 1 pumba 0
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby swamp_monster » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 am

Agreed catchit! Although it would be closer to 5-0 on the back of that spit!

Mood has certainly changed from a couple of months back when their A grade side was winning a game or 2 in a C grade comp!! :D
swamp_monster
Mini-League

Postby azzaisbest » Thu May 14, 2009 9:09 pm

i-) boring.......
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby norm11 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:33 pm

How much money have Ingle Farm got? Unless Liddy took a pay cut.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby leftarmoffie » Thu May 28, 2009 4:45 pm

norm11 wrote:How much money have Ingle Farm got? Unless Liddy took a pay cut.

Whats it got to do with u?? Im sure they'd still smash sandy creek in a game
leftarmoffie
Under 16s

Has liked: 74 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby interested observer » Thu May 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Norm11, I have no idea who you are, and frankly do not care about what you think.
Just be very clear on one thing.
Ingle Farm cricket club is not in the practice of concerning people about what it pays and how it works.
You just be concerned about your own 2 bit operation that seems to have a rather large inflated opinion of itself..
One can only assume you fit in to that category yourself my friend.... ;)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby bulldogs » Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 pm

give you the big tip Norm, IF arent splashn big cash around, we are fortunate to have picked up some guys who i think will fit in well. I wouldnt worry what we are doing and just concern yourself with your club
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby azzaisbest » Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Its not a matter of how much they have got, its a matter of how much they are going to have when the new recruits hit the bar :partyman: :drinkers: :ymsick: :vom:

watch out for saveyourlegs ;)
azzaisbest
Under 16s

Postby catchit » Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 pm

i think sandy creek need to buy some building materials just so norm can finally build that bridge :roll:
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby saveyourlegs » Thu May 28, 2009 10:04 pm

azzaisbest wrote:

Its not a matter of how much they have got, its a matter of how much they are going to have when the new recruits hit the bar :partyman: :drinkers: :ymsick: :vom:

watch out for saveyourlegs ;)

dead right azzaisbest, and i would say there would be a fair chance of some big nights with beeroclock :rock:
saveyourlegs
Reserves

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby interested observer » Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 am

dead right azzaisbest, and i would say there would be a fair chance of some big nights with beeroclock :rock:[/quote]

Beauty..
Someone else to buy him drinks all night and feed his kids... :D
He has a severe case of the old "short arms, deep pockets" syndrome Saveyourlegs..
Goodluck.. ;)
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Postby catchit » Fri May 29, 2009 11:46 am

they will have something in common then.. Saveyourlegs also has a short arm problem but his is in the field..
catchit
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps